Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » CHAT TRANSCRIPT: Check it out (5/9)

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
pages: 1 2 | show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
5/12/2011 3:14:11 PM

weg313
weg313
You do realize Rice is now at #12 in RPI and well ahead of Stetson?

--
In Wayne Graham we trust.
0 permalink
5/12/2011 5:20:37 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
weg313 wrote:
Money no longer buys a host birth.

In the world of surrogate maternity, unless you find some woman who just loves being indisposed for nine months for altruitic reasons, I think money is the only way.
0 permalink
5/13/2011 3:17:35 PM

NolesFanJosh
NolesFanJosh
weg313 wrote:

Depending on which site you are going off of (I'm using WarrenNolan.com) Rice is @ 16, Stetson @ 17. But I'm presuming you're going off of Boyd's?? Can anyone pull up UConn's #'s from last year and compare to Stetson's?!??
0 permalink
5/13/2011 7:16:13 PM

hogfan4life
hogfan4life
UConn proved a year ago that they had no business hosting. They finished 3rd in their region and only brought $15,000 fans in for the entire weekend. Guess my point is, they played nobody all year and ran their record up high. Who has Stetson beat? Yes, good job you beat Georgia on opening weekend. That's all! Most of these other schools are scheduling your conference schedule as mid-week games. There are many, MANY other schools more deserving of a host. Look at Stetson's SOS. They should only have 5-6 losses with that schedule in my opinion.
0 permalink
5/15/2011 9:18:31 PM

weg313
weg313
NolesFanJosh wrote:
weg313 wrote:

Depending on which site you are going off of (I'm using WarrenNolan.com) Rice is @ 16, Stetson @ 17. But I'm presuming you're going off of Boyd's?? Can anyone pull up UConn's #'s from last year and compare to Stetson's?!??

Yes, I use Boyd's for his pRPI as it has historically proven to be much closer to the NCAA numbers than Warren Nolan. The primary reason is that I believe Warren Nolan does not factor in the road win bonus. I do, however, use Warren Nolan's Nitty Gritty Report as an indespensable tool for comparing programs.
edited by weg313 on 5/15/2011

--
In Wayne Graham we trust.
0 permalink
pages: 1 2 | show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » CHAT TRANSCRIPT: Check it out (5/9)