Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Best starting pitcher in the country?

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
pages: 1 2 | show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
3/1/2011 7:49:08 AM

GTbaseball
GTbaseball
Jed Bradley -- 1-0 0.71 ERA 20 SO 12.2 IP
0 permalink
3/1/2011 2:54:58 PM

shoelessT
shoelessT
dang we have some serious homers here.
0 permalink
3/3/2011 8:33:49 AM

I'm partial to Jungmann myself. He's shown amazing feel for ptiching since his freshman year and he just seems to get better. Cole probably has the best tools in the class, but Purke and Jungmann have advanced pitchability and great stuff in their own right.

Hultzen and Bradley are a tick behind for me in terms of stuff but have great feel and Sonny Gray is as good as anyone when his command is on.

Matt Barnes has started slowly but he deserves to be in the conversation and we can't overlook Cole's rotation-mate Trevor Bauer who can be unhittable when he keeps his FB down in the zone.

Don't sleep on John Stilson either. he's making the transition to Friday starter after being Texas A&M's closer last year and he's off to a great start.

This class is just amazing and it should be another stellar year for college baseball.
0 permalink
3/3/2011 8:50:05 AM

Sassy
Sassy
One more note on Hultzen: He was named Collegiate Baseball National Player of Week after striking out 15 batters in 7 innings against East Carolina (a good team), with no walks.

http://www.virginiasports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?&ATCLID=205105899&DB_OEM_ID=17800
0 permalink
3/3/2011 9:15:43 AM

E-Dub
E-Dub
Sassy wrote:
One more note on Hultzen: He was named Collegiate Baseball National Player of Week after striking out 15 batters in 7 innings against East Carolina (a good team), with no walks.

He's posted an amazing 25:1 K:BB with just six hits allowed in 13.2 IP. I don't know if anyone can keep up that pace but he's absolutely off to one of the best starts in the nation. Anyone who's seen him can attest to his competitiveness and ability to win even when he doesn't have his best stuff. The word gritty comes to mind.
0 permalink
pages: 1 2 | show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Best starting pitcher in the country?