Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » ACC Tournament...

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
4/27/2011 7:13:17 PM

ACC Fan
ACC Fan
If the season ended right now, the tournament would look like this:

Group 1: Virginia, Florida State, N. Carolina & Va. Tech

Group 2: Ga. Tech, Miami, Clemson & NC State

Wake is tied with VT, but lost head to head and BC is a half game back in the loss column. they must have had to cancel a conference game due to weather? If so, it would be apropos for them.

I think it is safe to say that neither Va. Tech, Wake or BC would have a snowball's chance in hell of winning that thing.
0 permalink
4/27/2011 9:35:12 PM

shoelessT
shoelessT
I thought the top team in each division were on separate sides for ACC tournament? Did they change that? I thought that Virginia would be top team in Group 1 and FSU would be top team in Group 2 (as stupid as that is)?
0 permalink
4/28/2011 5:46:50 AM

ACC Fan
ACC Fan
you might be right? I'm not 100% sure. If that is the case then I guess you just move FSU to the #2 seed and have GT and Miami move down a spot. Which would get the following results:

Group 1: Virginia, Miami, UNC, Va. Tech

Group 2: FSU, GT, Clemson, NC State

This would seem a little more even, actually. As a Virginia fan, I'm not sure I like the idea of having to beat FSU and UNC prior to even getting to the title game, but I guess, it is what it is. Either way, the winner of the ACC Baseball Tournament has earned a great title. I am biased, but it is hard to put too many conference tournaments ahead of this one in 2011. I know SEC fans will say it is #2 to theirs, but I think it's equally tough this season.

shoelessT wrote:
I thought the top team in each division were on separate sides for ACC tournament? Did they change that? I thought that Virginia would be top team in Group 1 and FSU would be top team in Group 2 (as stupid as that is)?
0 permalink
4/28/2011 6:35:29 AM

FullertonBaseballFan
FullertonBaseballFan
The ACC and the SEC both split up the division winners, making them the 1 and 2 seeds even if a division winner has a worse record than teams in the other division - which will happen in the SEC this year. The other teams are then seeded 3-8 regardless of which division they were in.
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » ACC Tournament...