Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Kendall: LSU Pitching

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
| you must log in at the top of the page to post
2/22/2011 8:33:43 PM

ccox11
ccox11
I have seen you state a few times that LSU's pitching staff is the main question mark regarding the team. Given the way we pitched last year, that is more than reasonable.

I just wanted to let you know, however, that the question is very quickly turning into "is this the best pitching staff in LSU history?" down here in Tiger Town.

I'm not sure that LSU has ever had 5 starters the quality of Gausman, Eades, Alsup, McCune, and Tyler Jones. In addition, we have more power arms out of the pen than ever before and Matty Ott is back to shut things down on the back end.

I'll admit it, I am downright giddy about the prospects of this staff.

P.S. Mikie Mahtook is a beast.

That was more of a comment. Here is a question: Why is Gausman (a 7th round pick) the #1 freshman when there are several freshman who were drafted higher, especially the guy from Florida? Don't get me wrong, I am thrilled to see him so highly thought of-- I'm just curious...

Thanks. And thanks for your unparalled coverage of college baseball... The hell with Rivals. :-)
0 permalink
| you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Kendall: LSU Pitching