Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » How crazy is C-USA this year?

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
| you must log in at the top of the page to post
4/24/2011 5:29:59 PM

jdh008
jdh008
I'd argue that Conference USA has been as crazy a conference as any so far. I'm really struggling to figure out how things are going to shake out.

Rice is obviously the biggest name, but injuries and inconsistency have plagued them a bit this season. They are still having a decent season, but nothing like they are used to having.

It looked like Southern Miss was going to run away with things, but they stumbled with a series loss to Memphis to pull them back to the pack a little. Memphis really hasn't been able to keep that momentum going as they are sitting at 7-5 in the conference.

As much as it pains me to say it, UH has probably overachieved by going 7-5 so far, but they have won enough to play a part in how the conference will be decided.

I'll admit that UAB is much better than I thought they'd be. They won a series with my UH Cougars a couple weeks ago and they just polished off a series win against Rice yesterday. Their 8-7 record has them sitting tied with ECU, a team that probably feels they have underachieved. Unlike some of their previous teams, ECU is struggling a little with the bat, but can pitch with anyone in the nation. That team is really built for postseason play, particularly with the new bats.

UCF has tailed off as they seem to always do after a hot start and Tulane is talented in spite of their 4-8 conference record.

Marshall seems to be the only "bad" team. I'm also not sure there is a great team in this bunch. The conference might get four or five bids into the NCAA Tournament, but I'm not sure any of them are Omaha contenders at this point.

--
TheFanManifesto.com
0 permalink
| you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » How crazy is C-USA this year?