Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Pac-10: Week 10 predictions

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
pages: 1.. 3 4 | show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
4/23/2011 7:54:35 PM

borgguy
borgguy
Posts: 611
if i was pat casey i would be LIVID with how we approached the game offensivly, EVERY batter for the beavs for at least the last 4 innings watched the first pitch for a strike, EVERY. SINGLE. ONE.

hats off to the wsu pitchers though, they pitched a gem, but ill take the series win and good luck next wk against UCLA

--
GO BEAVS!
0 permalink
4/23/2011 9:42:47 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Posts: 1458
Riverduck wrote:
BeaverBob wrote:
Riverduck wrote:
Oh- we should start a poll to see if the ducks RPI will break 75 from 112. Heck who even knows how the RPI thing works, but winning a series against a 34 should help. Who will it help or hurt more.. comments?


RiverDuck, I wasn't able to find a radio station or a place that had the Beavers on TV while I am in Bend, so I listened to most of the Duck Game. Duck's radio announcer Jerry Allen has grown on me over the years. While I really like listening to Mike Parker, Allen probably has a better radio voice. I'd actually like to see the Ducks do fairly well the rest of the way. If they can win a series against UCLA and Cal, it should help out the Beavs.


Yeah, I actually enjoy listening to parker as well. He is a pro, and has experience with a team who has won it all, which means alot. I am an old bendite.. Did the Pine Tavern change their name? It has been a long time since I have eaten there, but year that tree in the restaurant is cool. I just got done with a 15k trail run in my backyard, and enjoyed the way the ducks played today. Felt good to watch Mcgough have success. He had a really rough, rough start of the year. Kudos for his turnaround.. thus far.


No, it is still called the Pine Tavern. I think I called it the Pine Tree Restaurant earlier.
0 permalink
4/24/2011 12:07:08 AM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Posts: 2423
Scores:

Looks like a first-timer, and an unaffiliated fan (from out of the conference) got the high score this week. Same for the number two spot.
  • 19 VandyDore75
  • 18 CdinSV
  • 17 BeaverBob
  • 16 2Bulldogs
  • 16 borgguy
  • 16 opihi man
  • 15 ASU74
  • 15 cas77
  • 15 SouthCoastStu
  • 14 BballJones
  • 14 Dodger Matt
  • 14 OregonStateChris
  • 14 SouthernBeaver
  • 14 WildCard85
  • 14 YoYo
  • 13 BB41751
  • 13 BeaverBeliever20
  • 12 WCC1
  • 11 MostUnknown
  • 10 949baseballfan
  • 10 Florida Beaver
  • 10 RiverDuck
Score analysis:
  • 16/22 correctly picked USC 2-1.
  • 9/22 correctly picked Stanford 2-1.
  • That's the end of the good news.
  • Only three picked Oregon 2-1, two picked ASU 3-0, and one picked OSU 2-1.
  • Our winner this week got 4 out of 5, only missing ASU.
  • In terms of picking the winning team, fans were above .500 on USC (20), OSU (20), and ASU (15).
  • Fans were below .500 on Stanford (9) and Oregon (6).
-1 permalink
4/24/2011 3:01:07 AM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
Posts: 1216
Well, if nothing else, at least RiverDuck didn't beat me on points. Whew! Hope we're better prepared for this coming weekend and UCLA.
0 permalink
4/24/2011 7:25:31 AM

ASU74
ASU74
Posts: 1035
Dodger Matt wrote:
Scores:

Looks like a first-timer, and an unaffiliated fan (from out of the conference) got the high score this week. Same for the number two spot.
  • 19 VandyDore75
  • 18 CdinSV
  • 17 BeaverBob
  • 16 2Bulldogs
  • 16 borgguy
  • 16 opihi man
  • 15 ASU74
  • 15 cas77
  • 15 SouthCoastStu
  • 14 BballJones
  • 14 Dodger Matt
  • 14 OregonStateChris
  • 14 SouthernBeaver
  • 14 WildCard85
  • 14 YoYo
  • 13 BB41751
  • 13 BeaverBeliever20
  • 12 WCC1
  • 11 MostUnknown
  • 10 949baseballfan
  • 10 Florida Beaver
  • 10 RiverDuck
Score analysis:
  • 16/22 correctly picked USC 2-1.
  • 9/22 correctly picked Stanford 2-1.
  • That's the end of the good news.
  • Only three picked Oregon 2-1, two picked ASU 3-0, and one picked OSU 2-1.
  • Our winner this week got 4 out of 5, only missing ASU.
  • In terms of picking the winning team, fans were above .500 on USC (20), OSU (20), and ASU (15).
  • Fans were below .500 on Stanford (9) and Oregon (6).


DM
We are at the half way point in the Pac season. Could you please post the Pac Pickers rankings.

Hats off to all who are on this thread, especially DM for getting us all together and doing such a great job! Also thanks to borgguy for adding post game standing analysis. We are far & away the most active thread on this board!
Toast
edited by ASU74 on 4/24/2011

--
Go Devils !!
Fork Off
0 permalink
4/24/2011 8:16:39 AM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Posts: 2290
Well, finishing last does not sit well with me. I guess my random copy paste did not suit me well. Next week I will better my last place finish, and hopefully pick more correct than fb. I was hoping that OSU was going to start their downward spiral, but alas, next week awaits. Or should I just copy his picks, so he never beats me...
0 permalink
4/24/2011 10:27:12 AM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Posts: 2423
ASU74 wrote:
DM, We are at the half way point in the Pac season. Could you please post the Pac Pickers rankings.

Yes, Easter is like the Pac-10's All-Star break. There have been so many new people that I have had to reformat my spreadsheet, and I'm not quite done. I'll try to post the averages before next weekend's picks.
-1 permalink
4/24/2011 6:37:10 PM

borgguy
borgguy
Posts: 611
ASU74 wrote:
Dodger Matt wrote:
Scores:

Looks like a first-timer, and an unaffiliated fan (from out of the conference) got the high score this week. Same for the number two spot.
  • 19 VandyDore75
  • 18 CdinSV
  • 17 BeaverBob
  • 16 2Bulldogs
  • 16 borgguy
  • 16 opihi man
  • 15 ASU74
  • 15 cas77
  • 15 SouthCoastStu
  • 14 BballJones
  • 14 Dodger Matt
  • 14 OregonStateChris
  • 14 SouthernBeaver
  • 14 WildCard85
  • 14 YoYo
  • 13 BB41751
  • 13 BeaverBeliever20
  • 12 WCC1
  • 11 MostUnknown
  • 10 949baseballfan
  • 10 Florida Beaver
  • 10 RiverDuck
Score analysis:
  • 16/22 correctly picked USC 2-1.
  • 9/22 correctly picked Stanford 2-1.
  • That's the end of the good news.
  • Only three picked Oregon 2-1, two picked ASU 3-0, and one picked OSU 2-1.
  • Our winner this week got 4 out of 5, only missing ASU.
  • In terms of picking the winning team, fans were above .500 on USC (20), OSU (20), and ASU (15).
  • Fans were below .500 on Stanford (9) and Oregon (6).


DM
We are at the half way point in the Pac season. Could you please post the Pac Pickers rankings.

Hats off to all who are on this thread, especially DM for getting us all together and doing such a great job! Also thanks to borgguy for adding post game standing analysis. We are far & away the most active thread on this board!
Toast
edited by ASU74 on 4/24/2011


your welcome! although i didnt see 949baseballfanr, 2bulldogs or VandyDore75 when i was doing my standings, otherwise i would have added them as well.

--
GO BEAVS!
0 permalink
4/24/2011 8:02:13 PM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
Posts: 1216
Riverduck wrote:
Well, finishing last does not sit well with me. I guess my random copy paste did not suit me well. Next week I will better my last place finish, and hopefully pick more correct than fb. I was hoping that OSU was going to start their downward spiral, but alas, next week awaits. Or should I just copy his picks, so he never beats me...


You didn't finish last, you were tied for last. If you noticed (and ducks are USUALLY quite observant) the tied rankings are numerically/alphabetically in order. If you changed your name................................to something more of an underwater dweller...............................
0 permalink
4/24/2011 8:37:08 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Posts: 2290
No hard feelings fb.. the only real reason I am still on this board is because we salvaged a win yesterday. I would be hard pressed to vote for any team right now other than the ducks. Sorry- I would never copy you out of worry of losing.. not my style. I will put a little more effort, and might even vote for OSU for a few wins here and there. I think I should have stuck with my original vote- WSU 1-2.. lol. Good luck next week. I will actually vote that you will win 2 games next week.
For only 8 losses, you guys deserve that.
0 permalink
4/24/2011 10:56:03 PM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
Posts: 1216
Riverduck wrote:
No hard feelings fb.. the only real reason I am still on this board is because we salvaged a win yesterday. I would be hard pressed to vote for any team right now other than the ducks. Sorry- I would never copy you out of worry of losing.. not my style. I will put a little more effort, and might even vote for OSU for a few wins here and there. I think I should have stuck with my original vote- WSU 1-2.. lol. Good luck next week. I will actually vote that you will win 2 games next week.
For only 8 losses, you guys deserve that.


Oh, absolutely no hard feelings. And quite frankly, looking at my "score" from this weekend, anyone that would copy my picks would have to be nuts. But hey, if ya want to follow me down the road of destruction, the more the merrier. Kinda glad y'all picked up a little this last weekend. You're like a little brother just learning how to plat the game. We can knock ya down and kick you around, but dammit, no one else better! I hope we can win the UCLA series. Be a good series either way. Good luck with Portland, then with your Cal series.
0 permalink
4/25/2011 1:38:01 PM

borgguy
borgguy
Posts: 611
Florida Beaver wrote:
You're like a little brother just learning how to plat the game. We can knock ya down and kick you around, but dammit, no one else better! I hope we can win the UCLA series. Be a good series either way. Good luck with Portland, then with your Cal series.


lol, love that, excellent sentiment! go ducks! (except against the beavers )

--
GO BEAVS!
0 permalink
4/25/2011 7:09:56 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Posts: 2423
Easter Break Averages

This is not the first time the PG forum interface has blown up my post before I can click add message. Not happy. >:-(

So here’s the abridged version: I’ve grouped folks into two categories: those who have played 3 to 5 times, those who have not. By season’s end, you will probably need to participate at least one game more than half the total to be eligible for the upper group. I’ll adjust this as we go, and I’ll provide more updates as the season comes to an end so people on the cusp can decide whether to play it safe or take risks for a chance to win big at the end.

Okay, enough blather. Here are the current averages:

Three-to-five group
  • 17.00 BeaverBob
  • 16.33 SouthernBeaver
  • 16.00 Dodger Matt
  • 15.75 OregonStateChris
  • 15.69 cas77
  • 15.67 opihi man
  • 15.50 2Bulldogs
  • 15.33 CaughtBySparky
  • 14.94 ASU74
  • 13.57 Florida Beaver
  • 13.00 WildCard85
Two-and-under group
  • 19.00 VandyDore75
  • 18.00 BeaverBeliever20
  • 18.00 BeaverQuist
  • 18.00 Lute31
  • 18.00 rec1347
  • 17.50 BballJones
  • 17.00 MostUnknown
  • 16.50 SouthCoastStu
  • 16.00 borgguy
  • 14.00 CdinSV
  • 14.00 YoYo
  • 13.00 BB41751
  • 12.00 RiverDuck
  • 12.00 WCC1
  • 10.00 949baseballfan
  • 10.00 pissproblem
-1 permalink
pages: 1.. 3 4 | show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Pac-10: Week 10 predictions





Powered by AspNetForum 6.9.9.0 © 2006-2010 Jitbit Software