Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » @Kendall (Oklahoma State)

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
4/17/2011 9:07:00 PM

prongATO
prongATO
I realize there is a lot of baseball yet to be played but I'm a bit confused how Texas seems to be a regional host lock yet Oklahoma State seems to be on the outside looking in. OSU and Texas have comparable RPI but OSU owns a big 12 series win against the Longhorns. What do you think the Cowboys need to do to host a regional this season?

I'm also excited to see how our pitching stacks up against A&M on the road this coming weekend.
edited by prongATO on 4/17/2011
0 permalink
4/17/2011 10:49:21 PM

Kendall
Kendall
Administrator
prongATO wrote:
I realize there is a lot of baseball yet to be played but I'm a bit confused how Texas seems to be a regional host lock yet Oklahoma State seems to be on the outside looking in. OSU and Texas have comparable RPI but OSU owns a big 12 series win against the Longhorns. What do you think the Cowboys need to do to host a regional this season?

I'm also excited to see how our pitching stacks up against A&M on the road this coming weekend.
edited by prongATO on 4/17/2011

Prong,
First of all, welcome to the site and board. We hope you enjoy your time here. As for Texas vs. Oklahoma State, no doubt the Cowboys have the head-to-head with the series win in Stillwater earlier this season. However, here are a few things to ponder right now:

* Texas is tied with A&M for the Big 12 lead, one strike for them.
* Texas has a higher RPI of 18, as compared to 20 for OSU
* Texas 11-5 vs. RPI Top 50, Oklahoma State is 4-4 vs. RPI Top 50
* Texas 16-7 vs. RPI Top 100, Oklahoma State is 8-8 vs. RPI Top 100

Those are just a few reasons ...... And that will be a great series down at A&M. I'll be at that series and will have some exclusive analysis/reports.

--
Kendall Rogers, College Baseball Managing Editor
Follow me on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/#!/KendallRogersPG
Email me: mailto:kendall@perfectgame.org
0 permalink
4/18/2011 12:03:24 AM

prongATO
prongATO
Thanks for the clarification on some of the more in-depth numbers. With some of those numbers changing daily I expect OSU to likely catch up.

Thanks also for the warm welcome. I used to follow you on rivals a few years ago. We had some correspondence during the 2008 season. (the last time we hosted)

Just a quick correction: Texas is 14-6 vs RPI top 100 vs OSU 8-8 as of today's numbers..
edited by prongATO on 4/18/2011
0 permalink
4/18/2011 5:15:48 PM

Kendall
Kendall
Administrator
prongATO wrote:
Thanks for the clarification on some of the more in-depth numbers. With some of those numbers changing daily I expect OSU to likely catch up.

Thanks also for the warm welcome. I used to follow you on rivals a few years ago. We had some correspondence during the 2008 season. (the last time we hosted)

Just a quick correction: Texas is 14-6 vs RPI top 100 vs OSU 8-8 as of today's numbers..
edited by prongATO on 4/18/2011

Thanks again, prong. Look forward to seeing your crew this weekend.

--
Kendall Rogers, College Baseball Managing Editor
Follow me on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/#!/KendallRogersPG
Email me: mailto:kendall@perfectgame.org
0 permalink
4/20/2011 12:21:33 PM

prongATO
prongATO
Numbers as of Wednesday..

OSU - RPI 18 4-4 vs RPI top 50, 11-8 vs RPI top 100
Texas RPI 19 11-5 vs RPI top 50, 14-6 vs RPI top 100

Getting closer!
edited by prongATO on 4/20/2011
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » @Kendall (Oklahoma State)