Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Oregon State vs. Stanford

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
| you must log in at the top of the page to post
4/17/2011 1:47:50 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Pat Casey is throwing freshman Scott Schultz (2-0, 3-09 ERA) in today's game against the Cardinal. He had some problems last weekend in his first inning in relief of Josh Osich, but settled down and shut down the Sun Devils for the last four innings to get the win. Now he starts for the Beavers against Stanford. Casey is getting great results from his freshmen. Is Schultz ready to start in a Pac-10 road game? Seems like a tough spot to put a kid in, but if he gets it done, it could pay off greatly for Oregon State, this year and next.
0 permalink
4/18/2011 12:43:42 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Florida Beaver wrote:
B1B,
Yeah, well. It's no fun kicking a team (or a fan) when they are down. Such high expectations were held for this year's duckling team, to have it almost all come to naught (As of yet, the season ain't over) has really have to depress them. Oh well. There's always next year (That's what I say for our football team. A LOT)Sugar High
edited by Florida Beaver on 4/18/2011

FB, I know the phrase "There's always next year" very well. As a student at OSU during the Avanzano years and a season ticket holder for the last 30 years, there wasn't much to root for. Actually, my favorite phrase back then was "Wait until basketball season." Now, it's "wait until baseball season."
edited by BeaverBob on 4/18/2011
+1 permalink
| you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Oregon State vs. Stanford