Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » What was Friday's biggest surprise? (4/15)

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
4/15/2011 10:38:12 PM

Kendall
Kendall
Administrator
Not a ton of surprises tonight, but I have to go with scuffling N.C. State taking the series opener from rival North Carolina by a score of 5-4.

Your thoughts?

--
Kendall Rogers, College Baseball Managing Editor
Follow me on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/#!/KendallRogersPG
Email me: mailto:kendall@perfectgame.org
0 permalink
4/15/2011 11:36:36 PM

CockyTexan
CockyTexan
Michael Roth outlasting Sonny Gray, I was at the game and it was obvious the only reason Gray was left in for exactly 7.2 innings is because Roth was, when Gray left the game he had been struggling for the last couple of innings. SC pitching has definitely proved itself against the team in the SEC with the highest batting average, and belting out 11 hits against gray the offense stepped up as well. Not a shocker we won, I just expected it to go to extra innings and it would be up to the bullpens to win it. Even after a midweek loss to The Citadel, if SC wins this series it has proved it belongs at the top of the rankings. Cant wait for the last two games of the series, SC sweep, look for it!!
0 permalink
4/16/2011 5:41:09 AM

gamecocks1
gamecocks1
I was surprised to see Fl State go down to VT in the first game of the series. They do not seem to be playing as well now as they were at the beginning of the season.
0 permalink
4/16/2011 6:08:05 AM

ACC Fan
ACC Fan
I agree, there is no way to spin this as anything but a horrible loss. Virginia Tech is not very good and FSU had there ace on the mound. This is a pretty critical moment in the season for the Seminoles. Hopefully, they will stay in position to host through the last 6 weeks of the regular season. However, the way things have been going lately, they will have to keep winning to secure a Regional Host Spot. I think a Top 8 seed is out the window, now, unless they start sweeping series and win the ACC Tournament.
gamecocks1 wrote:
I was surprised to see Fl State go down to VT in the first game of the series. They do not seem to be playing as well now as they were at the beginning of the season.
0 permalink
4/16/2011 7:31:34 AM

hubbyb014
hubbyb014
Fridays biggest surprise was 2 of the ACC's top teams (UNC and FSU) losing to inferior opponents
0 permalink
4/16/2011 10:10:57 AM

BeesballFan
BeesballFan
hubbyb014 wrote:
Fridays biggest surprise was 2 of the ACC's top teams (UNC and FSU) losing to inferior opponents

+1
0 permalink
4/18/2011 12:22:12 PM

NCSTFAN
NCSTFAN
Did sweeping UNC save Avent? Kind of like the Navy coaches beating Army but having a terrible season otherwise.
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » What was Friday's biggest surprise? (4/15)