Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Weekend Series Predictions: Who ya have?

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
4/14/2011 3:12:21 PM

Kendall
Kendall
Administrator
Posts: 7538
Here are the 15 series that headline the weekend
----

No. 1 Vanderbilt at No. 3 South Carolina
No. 4 Florida at Georgia
Texas Tech at No. 8 Texas
No. 5 North Carolina at N.C. State
No. 6 Texas A&M vs. Baylor (two games in C-Station)
No. 15 Oklahoma vs. No. 20 Oklahoma State
Mississippi State at No. 25 Arkansas
No. 10 Oregon State at No. 16 Stanford
No. 17 Arizona at No. 24 UCLA
Auburn at LSU
Tulane at Rice
Louisville at St. John's
Washington State at No. 13 Arizona State
UCF at East Carolina
Louisiana-Lafayette at Florida International

--
Kendall Rogers, College Baseball Managing Editor
Follow me on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/#!/KendallRogersPG
Email me: mailto:kendall@perfectgame.org
0 permalink
4/14/2011 3:33:20 PM

hubbyb014
hubbyb014
Posts: 31
South Carolina 2/3
Florida 2/3
Texas Sweeps
UNC 2/3
Baylor 2/3
Oklahoma 2/3
Arkansas 2/3
Stanford 2/3
UCLA 2/3
LSU 2/3
Tulane 2/3
St. Johns 2/3
Arizona St. sweeps
UCF 2/3
FIU 2/3
0 permalink
4/14/2011 3:56:45 PM

BeaverBeliever20
BeaverBeliever20
Posts: 129
South Carolina 2/3
Florida 2/3
Texas sweep
UNC 2/3
Texas A&M 2/3
Oklahoma 2/3
Arkansas 2/3
Oregon State 2/3
UCLA 2/3
LSU 2/3
Rice 2/3
St. Johns 2/3
ASU sweep
UCF 2/3
FIU 2/3
0 permalink
4/14/2011 4:56:13 PM

weg313
weg313
Posts: 134
Kendall, please explain again how UCLA is Top 25 ranked, but a #3 seed in your post-season field projections? And Rice is unranked, but earns a regional host and #1 seed birth? You might try to be a bit more consistent 'cause it's impacting your credibility.

--
In Wayne Graham we trust.
0 permalink
4/14/2011 8:57:22 PM

shoelessT
shoelessT
Posts: 118
Vanderbilt 2/3
Florida sweep
Texas sweep
North Carolina sweep
Texas A&M 2/3
Oklahoma 2/3
Arkansas 2/3
Oregon State 2/3
UCLA 2/3
LSU 2/3
Rice sweep
Louisville sweep
Arizona State 2/3
East Carolina 2/3
Florida International 2/3
0 permalink
4/14/2011 9:01:58 PM

shoelessT
shoelessT
Posts: 118
weg313 wrote:
Kendall, please explain again how UCLA is Top 25 ranked, but a #3 seed in your post-season field projections? And Rice is unranked, but earns a regional host and #1 seed birth? You might try to be a bit more consistent 'cause it's impacting your credibility.



Its not impacting his credibility. Come on.
0 permalink
4/15/2011 7:57:59 AM

weg313
weg313
Posts: 134
shoelessT wrote:
weg313 wrote:
Kendall, please explain again how UCLA is Top 25 ranked, but a #3 seed in your post-season field projections? And Rice is unranked, but earns a regional host and #1 seed birth? You might try to be a bit more consistent 'cause it's impacting your credibility.



Its not impacting his credibility. Come on.


Sorry, but you cannot have it both ways. You cannot ignore RPI in your weekly rankings-- and have both TCU and UCLA in your Top 25, and have Rice unranked-- and then turn around and have a post-season projection with Rice hosting as a #1 seed, with TCU #2 and UCLA #3 in the very same region. That's talking from both sides of one's mouth.

--
In Wayne Graham we trust.
0 permalink
4/15/2011 9:51:03 AM

Kendall
Kendall
Administrator
Posts: 7538
weg313 wrote:
shoelessT wrote:
weg313 wrote:
Kendall, please explain again how UCLA is Top 25 ranked, but a #3 seed in your post-season field projections? And Rice is unranked, but earns a regional host and #1 seed birth? You might try to be a bit more consistent 'cause it's impacting your credibility.



Its not impacting his credibility. Come on.


Sorry, but you cannot have it both ways. You cannot ignore RPI in your weekly rankings-- and have both TCU and UCLA in your Top 25, and have Rice unranked-- and then turn around and have a post-season projection with Rice hosting as a #1 seed, with TCU #2 and UCLA #3 in the very same region. That's talking from both sides of one's mouth.


First of all, Walt, this is a weekend series predictions thread, so please ask questions in the future on other threads, or start a new one. On a side note, you've followed the game long enough to know that projections have absolutely nothing to do where a team sits in reality. And again, I'll say it once again, I'd take UCLA in a three-game series against Rice right now. For some reason, that's hard to fathom.

--
Kendall Rogers, College Baseball Managing Editor
Follow me on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/#!/KendallRogersPG
Email me: mailto:kendall@perfectgame.org
0 permalink
4/15/2011 10:18:33 AM

weg313
weg313
Posts: 134
Kendall wrote:
weg313 wrote:
shoelessT wrote:
weg313 wrote:
Kendall, please explain again how UCLA is Top 25 ranked, but a #3 seed in your post-season field projections? And Rice is unranked, but earns a regional host and #1 seed birth? You might try to be a bit more consistent 'cause it's impacting your credibility.



Its not impacting his credibility. Come on.


Sorry, but you cannot have it both ways. You cannot ignore RPI in your weekly rankings-- and have both TCU and UCLA in your Top 25, and have Rice unranked-- and then turn around and have a post-season projection with Rice hosting as a #1 seed, with TCU #2 and UCLA #3 in the very same region. That's talking from both sides of one's mouth.


First of all, Walt, this is a weekend series predictions thread, so please ask questions in the future on other threads, or start a new one. On a side note, you've followed the game long enough to know that projections have absolutely nothing to do where a team sits in reality. And again, I'll say it once again, I'd take UCLA in a three-game series against Rice right now. For some reason, that's hard to fathom.


Yes, K, it's VERY hard to fathom. UCLA has beaten absolutely nobody all season long. The fact that they're currently sitting in second place in the Pac-10 is totally meaningless given that,to date, they have only played the three worst teams in the conference. I'm not saying Rice is not without it's vulnerabilities this season, but by every measure imaginable, they deserve to be ranked ahead of UCLA right now. Ditto TCU.

--
In Wayne Graham we trust.
0 permalink
4/15/2011 12:08:32 PM

HuskerFan31
HuskerFan31
Posts: 42
Vanderbilt 2-1
Florida 2-1
Texas 2-1
North Carolina 3-0
Texas A&M 3-0
Oklahoma State 2-1
Arkansas 2-1
Stanford 2-1
Arizona 2-1
LSU 2-1
Rice 2-1
St. John's 2-1
Arizona State 3-0
East Carolina 2-1
Louisiana-Lafayette 2-1
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Weekend Series Predictions: Who ya have?





Powered by AspNetForum 6.9.9.0 © 2006-2010 Jitbit Software