Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Update on Oregon State's Susac and Rodriguez

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
4/13/2011 11:14:40 AM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Both had hand surgery on Monday. Not sure if either will be back by the end of the season. See article below.

http://www.oregonlive.com/beavers/index.ssf/2011/04/andrew_susac_jake_rodriguez_ha.html
edited by BeaverBob on 4/13/2011
0 permalink
4/13/2011 11:21:29 AM

Daweez04
Daweez04
Probably for the best, both maybe could have played in a couple weeks, but with pain. 4-6 week recovery from surgery(The usual length for this surgery) and they will be 100%. Rather have that then 50-75% in 2 or 3 weeks.
0 permalink
4/13/2011 11:25:54 AM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Daweez04 wrote:
Probably for the best, both maybe could have played in a couple weeks, but with pain. 4-6 week recovery from surgery(The usual length for this surgery) and they will be 100%. Rather have that then 50-75% in 2 or 3 weeks.

Daweez04, I agree with you. It's looking like the Beavers will play in a Regional. This is when both will really be needed.
0 permalink
4/13/2011 1:51:35 PM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
Glad to see they opted for surgery instead of "playing through the pain". Berberet is a fine catcher. Not as hot on the bats, but very solid in that spot. I look forward to the rest of a satisfying season. Can hardly contian myself over this very exciting and hot playing Beavers team. The Stanford series is gonna be a barn burner, I bet.
0 permalink
4/13/2011 5:20:57 PM

BeaverBeliever20
BeaverBeliever20
I wouldn't count on Andrew Susac or Jake Rodriguez for the remainder of the season. Neither will be a factor in the postseason. It takes many months for power and bat speed to return after breaking the hamate bone, so I expect Pat Casey to shut them both down before postseason play season starts. Oregon State will have to have everybody step up to replace what Andrew Susac produced. I expect they will, that's just the make up of this team. But with said, it's always difficult to lose your best player. Hopefully Susac will return for his junior season.
0 permalink
4/13/2011 10:51:29 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
I'm glad they both went for the surgery now. Four to six weeks means they'll still both be available, even if in a limited manner, by season's end. And if the team, who swept ASU without either of them, can continue to play well, the postseason will not be just a regional away and done. That means additional time to recover and work their way into playing more, perhaps right when they are needed most.
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Update on Oregon State's Susac and Rodriguez