Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Lets have some fun! Kendall and whoever else.

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
pages: 1.. 3 4 | show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
4/15/2011 1:46:14 PM

It's The Talons
It's The Talons
There are a number of teams in the SEC that are overrated and have received their ranking and RPI due to the upper echelon of teams in the conference.
0 permalink
4/15/2011 3:43:16 PM

eagleboy415
eagleboy415
Oh man everyone here just get over it. Both sides are arguing like children. This is all I'm going to say about this and then I'm done. People keep bringing up the Troy series. It was our second weekend of the year. In other words, it was an extremely early game when most teams aren't where they'll be after a month of playing. So don't even start with that series. Memphis loss was bad, but USM always struggles in Memphis...they just do.
0 permalink
4/15/2011 3:51:05 PM

It's The Talons
It's The Talons
eagleboy415 wrote:
Oh man everyone here just get over it. Both sides are arguing like children. This is all I'm going to say about this and then I'm done. People keep bringing up the Troy series. It was our second weekend of the year. In other words, it was an extremely early game when most teams aren't where they'll be after a month of playing. So don't even start with that series. Memphis loss was bad, but USM always struggles in Memphis...they just do.

I'm not arguing with anyone, I am supplying facts as opposed to hypotheticals.
0 permalink
4/16/2011 2:00:14 PM

shoelessT
shoelessT
I got to see Southern Miss play again. Ok, very very good ball club. Actually better than I thought. I had seen them play several times this year but I realized I do really like this team. I know they played a really horrible opponent this weekend (like really bad) but I like the club overall. However, I question the depth of their pitching. What do you guys think?
0 permalink
4/16/2011 8:32:56 PM

FLFinest
FLFinest
Two Teams that are better than their ranking - Jacksonville University and I think Miami is better than they are given credit for. Two overrated teams in my opinion are Conneticut and Louisville. They both have potential, but have not shown it to the point of assuming they are in.

I also think that JU has two of the better players in the country in Dan Gulbransen .426 BA and Adam Brett Walker .418 BA - Both Sophomores with breakout potential
edited by dolphin4life on 4/16/2011
0 permalink
4/16/2011 10:21:23 PM

hogfan4life
hogfan4life
Thanks for you input dolphin.. I never intended for this to turn in to a team bashing board. I didn't mean to offend Southern Miss fans I just was going by team names on their schedule and I apologize. I haven't really seen them play I just wasn't a big fan of their schedule. I wish them the best of luck and I'm sure they are a quality team. I will retract my statement about LSU. I just don't know about thm any more. I feel confident in my statemnt about Troy however. Does anybody have any info on Stetson? Have they really played teams to be getting the attention? I've not seen one score of theirs until I saw people discussing them for top-25.
0 permalink
4/18/2011 7:59:40 AM

SOSEAGLE
SOSEAGLE
Our pitching has been suspect at times, especially the bullpen. Obviously we have gotten some good performances for the most part but there are some times when our middle relief has let us down.
0 permalink
4/18/2011 8:40:56 AM

BeesballFan
BeesballFan
Southern Miss may or may not be overrated, but their fans sure have ruined this thread by getting so offended. It's just a thread looking for opinions. Get over it. You're acting like children.
0 permalink
4/18/2011 9:14:54 AM

EaglehasLanded
EaglehasLanded
So, our fans aren't allowed to have opinions or disagree with the opinions of others...
0 permalink
4/18/2011 9:30:14 AM

SOSEAGLE
SOSEAGLE
Landed, you have to understand that these guys can come up with nothing better to say but "stop being children" when they've been proven wrong. It's the go-to answer.
0 permalink
4/18/2011 9:43:39 AM

It's The Talons
It's The Talons
BeesballFan wrote:
Southern Miss may or may not be overrated, but their fans sure have ruined this thread by getting so offended. It's just a thread looking for opinions. Get over it. You're acting like children.

As a Southern Miss fan I haven't been offended at all by this thread. I have posted facts, supported by records, others have posted hypotheticals and pure conjecture. Before you generalize an entire fan base you, yourself should be more specific.
0 permalink
4/18/2011 5:20:55 PM

CUSA is just as good as the other elite conferences. The whole, 'if you played in the SEC' crap doesnt apply at all in baseball. Head to head we are better than you and we all use our weekday starters, weekday batters, and weekday atmosphere. UNC just got swept by State for christ sakes. Yet come tourney time i fully expect them to make it to omaha because just like all the top teams, they sometimes lose to teams the shouldn't. As for overrated and underated. I know must probably wont agree with me but i think Cal, Arizona, and stetson are overrated. Underrated I would go with Coastal. . . i just think they are way better than they have shown so far. They are still elite in my mind but we will see
0 permalink
pages: 1.. 3 4 | show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Lets have some fun! Kendall and whoever else.