Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Hogs set opening day record at Baum

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
2/21/2011 11:07:37 AM

NYSEHawg
NYSEHawg
Over 8K in Baum Stadium friday afternoon for Delaware St.
0 permalink
2/21/2011 11:20:29 AM

Kendall
Kendall
Administrator
NYSEHawg wrote:

That's just a fantastic thing for college baseball. I think I saw something where SEC teams averaged around 6K or so a game. Just awesome.

--
Kendall Rogers, College Baseball Managing Editor
Follow me on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/#!/KendallRogersPG
Email me: mailto:kendall@perfectgame.org
0 permalink
2/21/2011 12:17:36 PM

Postal Cock
Postal Cock
NYSEHawg wrote:

Nice.

South Carolina had 8242 Friday, 8242 Saturday, and 7933 Sunday. Of course it helps that it was 80 degrees on Friday and the mid 70's on Saturday.

Just a great weekend at the ballpark.
+1 permalink
2/21/2011 12:25:01 PM

ntgreek00
ntgreek00
A great weekend for college baseball, not used to the clink of the bat yet.

LSU attendance this weekend

Friday: Paid 12,070
Actual 10,055

Saturday Paid 11,113
Actual 8,118

Sunday Paid 10,753
Actual 7,008

Pretty impressive numbers
0 permalink
2/21/2011 3:30:14 PM

tcu_lusch
tcu_lusch
Some nice attendance figures in this thread so far....TCU's is not quite as impressive. But we had 6,099 on Friday, then 4,401 on Saturday, and 4,393 on Sunday.

So these are now our three highest attendance games, plus the three day series was our highest by about 4,000 people.

Still not like what some schools pull, but I think it was good for #9 in attendance for the weekend.
edited by tcu_lusch on 2/21/2011
0 permalink
2/21/2011 4:19:20 PM

Postal Cock
Postal Cock
tcu_lusch wrote:
Some nice attendance figures in this thread so far....TCU's is not quite as impressive. But we had 6,099 on Friday, then 4,401 on Saturday, and 4,393 on Sunday.

So these are now our three highest attendance games, plus the three day series was our highest by about 4,000 people.

Still not like what some schools pull, but I think it was good for #9 in attendance for the weekend.

I think those are good numbers. Good to see the support across the country for college baseball.
0 permalink
2/21/2011 4:28:33 PM

tcu_lusch
tcu_lusch
Postal Cock wrote:
tcu_lusch wrote:

I think those are good numbers. Good to see the support across the country for college baseball.

Oh yes, they are certainly good number, especially for us. We expanded the stadium by about 800 seats this season, so hopefully we can continue to get good attendance. We were #17 in the country last season, I think we have the potential to climb up to around #13 or so this season.

Next weekend I think TCU will break their three game series record for attendance for the second week in a row as we welcome a great Cal State Fullerton team to town. We have had a nice 4 year series with Cal State Fullerton now. They took the series in Fort Worth in 2008, we took the series in Fullerton in both 2009 and 2010, now they return to Fort Worth for 2011.

Hopefully we can continue to play Fullerton, I know the fans of both teams enjoy the match up.
0 permalink
2/21/2011 5:25:42 PM

HuskerFan31
HuskerFan31
NYSEHawg wrote:

Congrats, hope you guys have a great season.
0 permalink
2/22/2011 6:44:54 AM

AUGreenMonster
AUGreenMonster
AU had over 11,000 for the weekend which is the largest for opening day weekend in AU history. Did anyone catch how dismal UF attendance was being the #1 team in the land combined with such nice weather... don't understand it
0 permalink
2/22/2011 10:19:51 AM

ntgreek00
ntgreek00
AUGreenMonster wrote:
AU had over 11,000 for the weekend which is the largest for opening day weekend in AU history. Did anyone catch how dismal UF attendance was being the #1 team in the land combined with such nice weather... don't understand it

You would think with the weather not as hot as later in the spring and summer this would be a great time to see a game in gainseville before it gets too hot. I will never understand Florida people, I have a good friend who adores all things Florida, so I ask him about baseball and he has no clue. So I tell him they are ranked number 1 and he says "really"; most of them really don't care about baseball it seems.
0 permalink
2/23/2011 8:10:20 AM

bamzoo
bamzoo
AUGreenMonster wrote:

Sports fans in the state of Florida suck. It's just not like it is here in Alabama, LA, Tenn, SCar, etc. Just look at how Miami can draw less than 35/40k for a football game, FSU/UF doesn't sell out every football game, etc. I know if I was within an hour of Gainesville last weekend I certainly would have been in attendance...and definitely would have been in attendance last night if I was in my hometown of Fort Lauderdale for UF/FAU.

I though I read somewhere Alex Panteleodis was supposed to start for UF last night? Anyone know why he didn't pitch?
0 permalink
2/23/2011 2:30:55 PM

Irvinebaseballfan
Irvinebaseballfan
tcu_lusch wrote:
Postal Cock wrote:
tcu_lusch wrote:

Oh yes, they are certainly good number, especially for us. We expanded the stadium by about 800 seats this season, so hopefully we can continue to get good attendance. We were #17 in the country last season, I think we have the potential to climb up to around #13 or so this season.

Next weekend I think TCU will break their three game series record for attendance for the second week in a row as we welcome a great Cal State Fullerton team to town. We have had a nice 4 year series with Cal State Fullerton now. They took the series in Fort Worth in 2008, we took the series in Fullerton in both 2009 and 2010, now they return to Fort Worth for 2011.

Hopefully we can continue to play Fullerton, I know the fans of both teams enjoy the match up.

The weather forecast looks brilliant this weekend in Ft. Worth. 50s on Friday night and 70s Saturday. The only downer is that I'm reading on Rivals that Purke has a blister and may not pitch until Sunday.
0 permalink
2/23/2011 3:44:49 PM

AUGreenMonster
AUGreenMonster
I agree bamzoo, their attendance for most sports (excluding Fla football) is weird.
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Hogs set opening day record at Baum