Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Look for this team to win the NCAA Baseball Champi

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
4/9/2011 12:15:49 PM

Ron
Ron
It's never easy to pick the winner, but while the ACC and SEC gets all the publicity, there is one team on the west coast that is quietly putting things together. They have the history and face enough Pac 10 competition to make it to the CWS and do damage.

That team is STANFORD.

Under the radar and here they come.

Certainly Virginia, Florida, Texas and others are dangerous, and even ASU if they get an invite, which they should NOT.
Also TCU if the pitchers live up to the high standards, and UCLA, if the hitters get hot would be tough outs if they right their ships. It's a well balanced season, but I don't feat Vandy and some others.

Let's see how Stanford does.
0 permalink
4/9/2011 1:49:52 PM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
Not to say 'ferd ain't all that, but I still have a few reservations about them. A couple more series wins and I'll say they may be there. As for winning it all? WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too early for that brag.
0 permalink
4/9/2011 11:06:05 PM

Carolina Mike
Carolina Mike
I think the Cardinal has the toughest schedule in the country. Opening with 3 series on the road with Rice, Texas, and Vandy. That's suicide. They still have series with UCLA, Oregon State, ASU ,and Arizona. WOW! That's cause to either look real good or real bad imo.

--
Baseball is like church....many attend but few understand.
0 permalink
4/10/2011 12:21:02 PM

ACC Fan
ACC Fan
Ron wrote:
It's never easy to pick the winner, but while the ACC and SEC gets all the publicity, there is one team on the west coast that is quietly putting things together. They have the history and face enough Pac 10 competition to make it to the CWS and do damage.

That team is STANFORD.

Certainly Virginia, Florida, Texas and others are dangerous, and even ASU if they get an invite, which they should NOT.
Also TCU if the pitchers live up to the high standards, and UCLA, if the hitters get hot would be tough outs if they right their ships. It's a well balanced season, but I don't feat Vandy and some others.

Let's see how they handle things over the long haul. There is still a lot of baseball to be played and they are definitely in the conversation, but in order to simply make it to Omaha it takes great play and some good luck. They may well make it, but it is a bit premature to start talking about winning the national championship, especially given the play of Virginia, Florida and Vanderbilt. Those three teams have handles everything that has come their way so far.

Virginia has only lost two games all year, with series played against FSU, ECU, @Clemson...just one example of a great baseball team.
0 permalink
4/10/2011 5:20:08 PM

Ron
Ron
Stanford lost 2 in a row, so obviously despite the battle tested schedule they have more work to do. This upcoming week they host a red hot OSU team. OSU is perfect at home but this is on the road. The pressure is on Stanford to win 2 or 3 in this series. Hopefully these games will be great ones.
0 permalink
4/10/2011 5:22:47 PM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
I'm going to have to pick Oregon State to win the series next weekend. The grit and determinationand play they have shown for the last 2 weekends tops any team in the P10, IMO.
0 permalink
4/10/2011 6:42:38 PM

thorgreen
thorgreen
I agree with you FB..
0 permalink
4/11/2011 3:08:52 AM

CDinSV
CDinSV
Ron wrote:

That team is STANFORD.

Are you kidding me? With nearly, I repeat nearly all the major media outlets focusing their attention to the ACC & SEC one might think those are the only 2 conferences that play baseball. Obviously we know better and there are several teams that are flying under the radar out here on the Left Coast. Stanford is just one of what I count of 3 on the WC that not many people are paying attention to. The other two? Fresno State (as much as it pains me to say that) and CSU Bakersfield. I would like to give Stitch (Eric Sorensen of ESPN & Easton Blogs) props for seeing both of the mid-majors in action.
0 permalink
4/11/2011 5:49:44 AM

Agreed CDinSV..the media has ignored tough teams on the west coast for many years now and still does for the most part. I'm okay with keeping these teams out west under the radar..it just hurts come selection and seeding time. Bakersfield and Fresno State will get their chance this year however and the Pac 10 is well represented in the polls. I just hate to see solid teams like San Jose St miss the tourney, or like Fresno State last year. These schools from the "lesser" conferences always have to fight for the left over scraps when it comes tourney time.
0 permalink
4/11/2011 9:54:11 AM

EaglehasLanded
EaglehasLanded
I'm not sure how you can say Stanford has been ignored when many media outlets have or had them in their Top10/15 even when they had a .500 record. I believe they have gotten their due thus far this year.
0 permalink
4/11/2011 1:09:26 PM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
Stanford has gotten way more than thier due. Not knocking their early season , on the road schedule. It WAS tough. Bottom line, they lost 2 of those 3 series. Then in conference they lose to USC? Okay, what the excuse there? Yeah, it's USC, but c'mon. They were 11 and 18 before this weekend. No, Stanford. You want the respect, you will HAVE to win against Oregon State this coming weekend and I don't think you can or will. IMO.
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Look for this team to win the NCAA Baseball Champi