Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Was anyone's week 1 more impressive than UNC's?

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
2/20/2011 6:45:44 PM

Heels2Omaha
Heels2Omaha
Obviously, I'm quite biased, but..... 2500 miles from home with a BUNCH of freshmen and sophomores on the field, and we go 4-0 against some pretty danged solid competition.

I knew we were going to surprise people, but even I am over top thrilled with 4-0.
0 permalink
2/20/2011 6:51:47 PM

FullertonBaseballFan
FullertonBaseballFan
Impressive showing by UNC but Stanford winning 2 of 3 at Rice was also very impressive.
0 permalink
2/20/2011 7:18:46 PM

Spur-n-Omaha
Spur-n-Omaha
UNC was very impressive this weekend. Vandy had a nice road trip as well
0 permalink
2/20/2011 7:37:48 PM

FV4Heels
FV4Heels
I am thrilled about this weekend! I thought we would split. See you next weekend at the Bosh!
0 permalink
2/20/2011 10:11:38 PM

mojaveheel
mojaveheel
I thought it was impressive that they faced four different opponents, including two traditionally strong west coast teams and this young team welcomed the challenge...

it is much too early to read anything into this but I'm really looking forward to this season...

there will be ups and downs with such a young group, and the errors give one reason for pause, but it should still be a fun ride and who knows, maybe a chance to play in that new ballpark in Omaha...
0 permalink
2/21/2011 1:49:58 AM

rcw1126
rcw1126
Just in from Los Angeles.

What's not too early to read into this weekend is that we played 4 games over the course of it and (1) kept running impressive arm after impressive arm out there and (2) answered virtually every half inning that our opponents scored with scoring of our own.

Yes, it's early and young teams can be expected to falter from time to time; but, this team has the capacity to be as good as any we've fielded over the past 10 years.
0 permalink
2/21/2011 8:41:13 AM

eagleboy415
eagleboy415
I don't know. Southern Miss sweeping Eastern Illinois was pretty impressive. ;-) Kidding sounds like y'all had a great weekend out West. Good luck this year.
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Was anyone's week 1 more impressive than UNC's?