Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Gamecocks shut out Vols...

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
4/7/2011 9:20:33 PM

mcrooster
mcrooster
Michael Roth was awesome again. Outstanding defense and some timely hitting. Nothing flashy but another win. I'll take it.
0 permalink
4/8/2011 12:34:09 AM

Kendall
Kendall
Administrator
mcrooster wrote:
Michael Roth was awesome again. Outstanding defense and some timely hitting. Nothing flashy but another win. I'll take it.

Another impressive performance by the Gamecocks. I thought Roth did a fantastic job of keeping the Vols off balance, while the defense behind him was solid. Thought Evan Marzilli had a really nice game. Had that roped home run and added a fantastic defensive play to rob an easy double.

All-around solid performance by the Gamecocks.

--
Kendall Rogers, College Baseball Managing Editor
Follow me on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/#!/KendallRogersPG
Email me: mailto:kendall@perfectgame.org
0 permalink
4/8/2011 1:45:46 PM

mcrooster
mcrooster
Let me add that i really enjoyed the ESPN HD telecast. I think Kyle Peterson is excellent at college baseball and Dave Neal does a good job as well. I was worried ESPN might stick their pro leftovers in the booth and the pro guys like Orel and Nomar were horrible in Omaha.
0 permalink
4/8/2011 8:24:35 PM

gamecocks1
gamecocks1
18 innings and no Vols have crossed home plate yet! I don't know if that is good or bad for our 3rd game tomorrow. They are due but we have our two regular weekend pitchers(Neff and Webb) available as well as Koumas plus our bullpen. Should be exciting.
edited by gamecocks1 on 4/8/2011
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Gamecocks shut out Vols...