Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » NCAA PROJECTIONS: Our latest 64 (4/6 -- ASK Q's)

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
4/6/2011 2:12:58 PM

Kendall
Kendall
Administrator
Here are the latest projections, and I'll have some in-depth analysis on the projections a little later today.

http://www.perfectgame.org/Articles/View.aspx?article=5444

Dump your questions here and I'll answer in a timely manner.

--
Kendall Rogers, College Baseball Managing Editor
Follow me on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/#!/KendallRogersPG
Email me: mailto:kendall@perfectgame.org
0 permalink
4/6/2011 2:33:10 PM

eagleboy415
eagleboy415
Please no LSU haha...bad history against them and their fans haha
0 permalink
4/6/2011 3:27:20 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Kendall, I am somewhat suprised not to see the Oregon Ducks. As a Beaver, it's not a big dissapointment, but don't you think they will have a much better second half of the season?

Also, what odds to you give ASU of being eligible for the tournament?
0 permalink
4/6/2011 3:40:38 PM

Kendall
Kendall
Administrator
BeaverBob wrote:
Kendall, I am somewhat suprised not to see the Oregon Ducks. As a Beaver, it's not a big dissapointment, but don't you think they will have a much better second half of the season?

Also, what odds to you give ASU of being eligible for the tournament?

First, these projections are of right now ... since we're doing them each week from here on out, it's only fair to do them on a week-by-week and current state basis.

With that said, Oregon would be doomed if the season ended today barring a huge surprise. The Ducks only are 14-12 overall, are 0-3 vs. RPI Top 25 and 1-6 against RPI top 50. Additionally, the Ducks are just 1-6 against RPI Top 100. So, basically, not only have the Ducks NOT played a great schedule, they're not winning any of those games. Not exactly a recipe for postseason.

As for Arizona State, I've heard all along the Sun Devils' appeal will not go through good for them. However, there's a huge question on if the NCAA gets the appeal decided by the time the postseason field is announced.

--
0 permalink
4/6/2011 5:19:48 PM

FullertonBaseballFan
FullertonBaseballFan
ASU's appeal date is May 16. The field is announced on May 30. It usually takes a minimum of a month for the Appeals Committee to reach a decision and in some cases much longer (USC has been waiting for a decision on their appeal for football for almost three months). Unless the NCAA moves at the speed of sound by their standards, the odds are pretty high that ASU will be playing in the post-season this year while waiting for a decision to be reached on their appeal, which will be denied sometime around the end of June and they will be banned from the post-season in 2012.
0 permalink
4/6/2011 8:09:37 PM

Daweez04
Daweez04
As a Beaver fan I don't appreciate you putting us as a host.... I rather like flying under the radar :P'
0 permalink
4/6/2011 8:55:50 PM

hogfan4life
hogfan4life
As a Hog fan... Wow!! That Norman Region would be nasty. Maybe as nasty as that region last year that Lsu was in.
0 permalink
4/6/2011 9:09:12 PM

shoelessT
shoelessT
These look good. I feel that FSU always has such an easy road and this again would be favorable for them. I mean Vandy and Texas are matched up in Supers and then you have FSU and Southern Miss? How good is Southern Miss?
0 permalink
4/6/2011 9:59:58 PM

eagleboy415
eagleboy415
shoeless...you obviously haven't paid attention much. There's a reason Southern Miss would be the national seed over FSU. USM in a 3 game series any day. McInnis and Thomas would shut FSU down.
0 permalink
4/6/2011 10:54:26 PM

Kendall
Kendall
Administrator
shoelessT wrote:
These look good. I feel that FSU always has such an easy road and this again would be favorable for them. I mean Vandy and Texas are matched up in Supers and then you have FSU and Southern Miss? How good is Southern Miss?

USM is pretty solid .... good one two-punch on the weekend with McInnis and Thomas, and you have a stud closer in Collin Cargill. A very solid club.

--
0 permalink
4/7/2011 6:27:29 PM

shoelessT
shoelessT
That is why I asked "How good is Southern Miss?"
0 permalink
4/8/2011 7:33:32 PM

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
It's nice to see you giving props to Fresno State, but I think the WAC play will naturally move them out of National Seed contention (though they may be able to hold onto a regional)...which team would you slide into that 8th spot right now?
0 permalink
4/9/2011 8:01:09 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Bob, the Ducks suck-a-truck this year. I was surprised to see them go from 14 wins in year one to 40-plus in year two, but last year is looking more like an exception blip in their five-year plan to become respectable. They're currently having trouble with the Huskies, at home. I am finding it harder to think they'll make it higher than 7th in the conference standings this year.

The last five teams in the projections are Auburn, Arkansas, Georgia Southern, N.C. State and Western Kentucky. The last five teams out of the projections are Southeastern Louisiana, East Tennessee State, Florida International, College of Charleston and Louisiana-Lafayette.

So only four Pac-10 teams made this list, and that did not include Arizona State or UCLA. As most people are now saying the ASU appeal ruling won't take place before this postseason selection process, it's fairly safe to assume ASU will make it this year and suffer sanctions next year. And with UCLA sitting at the top (for now) of the conference standings, I would expect them both to be in these regional projections next week.
0 permalink
4/9/2011 8:06:06 PM

shoelessT
shoelessT
Have I still not "paid attention"?
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » NCAA PROJECTIONS: Our latest 64 (4/6 -- ASK Q's)