Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Scoreboard » ORU 4, Baylor 5 (Final) -- BU 2/3

Get the latest scores and discuss the games, brought to you by PG and D1Baseball.com.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
2/20/2011 3:20:28 PM

Kendall
Kendall
Administrator
nm.

--
Kendall Rogers, College Baseball Managing Editor
Follow me on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/#!/KendallRogersPG
Email me: mailto:kendall@perfectgame.org
0 permalink
2/21/2011 7:07:42 AM

tcu_lusch
tcu_lusch
Good series win for Baylor, I am looking forward to our game with them this week.

Oral Roberts is a scrapy club, they played TCU really close in a midweek game last year.
0 permalink
2/21/2011 8:50:24 AM

BaylorGuy314
BaylorGuy314
Baylor played decently this weekend. Oral Roberts is a very solid club. Really surprised to see Verrett get rocked on Friday. I hope he rebounds well.

Trae Davis (freshman, Mexia, TX) will be a major contributor this season on the mound for the Bears. Was hitting 95 on the gun on his fball and then would follow it up with a 70 change.

A couple of Baylor's hitters struggled at the plate this weekend- guys that really pounded it last year. I am hopeful that a few of them will come around in the coming weeks.

Overall, Baylor looks to be a decent club, especially if Verrett gets back to form. Baylor has lots of pitching depth but could use another elite guy emerge on the mound if they want to go far. Blank performed well on Sunday in that role, but he was hot and cold all last year. Davis (mentioned above) could be it, although we likely won't know that until later in the season.

Looking forward to the TCU game. Wish it wasn't at 4pm though...I'll be late arriving.
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Scoreboard » ORU 4, Baylor 5 (Final) -- BU 2/3