Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » 26-4, 3 sweeps in a row in the ACC for UNC

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
4/3/2011 1:58:16 PM

Heels2Omaha
Heels2Omaha
Wonder if they've beaten anyone yet?

It's only the best 30 game start in history for a program that's 1 year removed from 4 consecutive trips to Omaha. Wonder if the polls will notice this Monday.....
0 permalink
4/3/2011 3:39:51 PM

rcw1126
rcw1126
"Daddy, may we come out of the 'time out' corner now?!"

Having had its 2008 recruiting class decimated by the high school draft (Bumgarner, Porcello, et al) and lost Ackley/Seager, UNC struggled early last season; but, as the season progressed, they did, as well. They progressed enough to receive an at-large bid to the Oklahoma Regional and gave the host team all they wanted: two, one-run games.

To that improved team was added a deep and talented recruiting class at the beginning of this year.

It shouldn't have been so difficult to recognize.
edited by rcw1126 on 4/3/2011
0 permalink
4/3/2011 4:55:13 PM

GTbaseball
GTbaseball
yay
0 permalink
4/3/2011 7:23:12 PM

CDinSV
CDinSV
Now that UNC has the ACC figured out, if they could only take care of those pesky md-week games they would be the hottest team on the Planet right now...
0 permalink
4/3/2011 7:32:50 PM

Kendall
Kendall
Administrator
CDinSV wrote:
Now that UNC has the ACC figured out, if they could only take care of those pesky md-week games they would be the hottest team on the Planet right now...

Tar Heels definitely will be moving up a few spots in our rankings this week, but Top 10 will be difficult.

--
Kendall Rogers, College Baseball Managing Editor
Follow me on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/#!/KendallRogersPG
Email me: mailto:kendall@perfectgame.org
0 permalink
4/3/2011 8:21:11 PM

rcw1126
rcw1126
CDinSV wrote:

UNC's played 8 mid-week games this season and lost 1; a 1-run loss at Charlotte. It's college baseball in the mid-week. It's a far cry from playing on the weekend.

Not a problem, Kendall. It's a motivator at this point.
edited by rcw1126 on 4/3/2011
0 permalink
4/3/2011 9:32:41 PM

Heels2Omaha
Heels2Omaha
Kendall wrote:
CDinSV wrote:

Tar Heels definitely will be moving up a few spots in our rankings this week, but Top 10 will be difficult.

Then you're still unwilling to admit your mistake in ranking them too low all year long.

26-4 Kendall....26-4. If that's not top 10, then I will eat my hat.
0 permalink
4/3/2011 10:09:34 PM

Kendall
Kendall
Administrator
Heels2Omaha wrote:
Kendall wrote:
CDinSV wrote:

Then you're still unwilling to admit your mistake in ranking them too low all year long.

26-4 Kendall....26-4. If that's not top 10, then I will eat my hat.

So, since you're basing it all on records, perhaps Troy, who is 22-5, should be Top 10 as well? Cool

--
0 permalink
4/3/2011 10:30:31 PM

Heels2Omaha
Heels2Omaha
Has Troy swept someone in your top 25?
0 permalink
4/3/2011 10:45:20 PM

Kendall
Kendall
Administrator
Heels2Omaha wrote:
Has Troy swept someone in your top 25?

Actually took two of three from a superior team to the team UNC swept, Southern Mississippi.

And no, I don't think Troy should be Top 10.

--
0 permalink
4/4/2011 7:33:32 AM

PalmettoBBFan
PalmettoBBFan
I have seen Virginia, South Carolina, and North Carolina this year. South Carolina has the best pitching. Virginia is probably the best all around. But offensively and defensively UNC is better than both. The only question mark in my mind is their starting pitching after Johnson on Friday night. Regardless, they deserve to be in the top 10.
0 permalink
4/4/2011 9:24:55 AM

gamecocks1
gamecocks1
They are very deserving of a top 10 ranking but who do you move out of the top 10 in order to get them there? Most all of the top teams at least won their series and many swept.
edited by gamecocks1 on 4/4/2011
0 permalink
4/4/2011 11:20:24 AM

Kendall
Kendall
Administrator
gamecocks1 wrote:
They are very deserving of a top 10 ranking but who do you move out of the top 10 in order to get them there? Most all of the top teams at least won their series ans many swept.

Hit the nail on the head ..... nice job.

--
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » 26-4, 3 sweeps in a row in the ACC for UNC