Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Perfect Game site redesign .....

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
3/31/2011 5:51:05 PM

Kendall
Kendall
Administrator
Our design guys basically redid the background, header, and other things ..... I think it looks great.

What are your thoughts?

--
Kendall Rogers, College Baseball Managing Editor
Follow me on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/#!/KendallRogersPG
Email me: mailto:kendall@perfectgame.org
0 permalink
3/31/2011 6:04:39 PM

ACC Fan
ACC Fan
I agree, it makes the content stand out better.
0 permalink
3/31/2011 7:17:23 PM

GTbaseball
GTbaseball
It does look good. Not as busy.
0 permalink
4/3/2011 3:47:04 PM

CAM427R
CAM427R
It looks a lot better, definitely a move in the right direction. I can see more than a little inspiration from ESPN.com's site though, hehe!

Still get some errors with the white container (page) background not loading up sometimes and I have to refresh.

Still just wish your message board system was a bit better, but there's only so much you can do with ASP. =)
0 permalink
4/4/2011 8:52:34 AM

KC
KC
Administrator
Thanks for the feedback! While we'd like to have a robust, well-integrated forum unfortunately we have more pressing issues and a very limited IT staff. So for now we have to use a 3rd party system.
0 permalink
4/4/2011 9:35:03 AM

CAM427R
CAM427R
KC wrote:
Thanks for the feedback! While we'd like to have a robust, well-integrated forum unfortunately we have more pressing issues and a very limited IT staff. So for now we have to use a 3rd party system.

I totally understand how that goes!

One more suggestion: Page header titles. As it stands, there's no way to know what section you are in (whether it be College, Leagues, Draft, etc.) except by the content on the page. I would say that putting the title of the section next to the logo would more clearly let users know what part of the site they are on.
0 permalink
4/4/2011 3:18:50 PM

Irvinebaseballfan
Irvinebaseballfan
The message board looks fine. However, I'm pretty badly colorblind, and it's really hard to read the black text on the multicolored background for your articles. Needs significantly more contrast for me. I can read the bottom of the screen with the light background, but not the top, darker section.
edited by Irvinebaseballfan on 4/4/2011
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Perfect Game site redesign .....