Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » National Player of the Week?

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
3/27/2011 5:05:59 PM

MClements
MClements
I don't know what happened to my post as I was trying to edit it. Must have deleted it by mistake.

Freshman third baseman Colin Moran for North Carolina hit 4 home runs in 5 games while batting .529 with 13 rbi this week adding to his lead in the ACC for runs batted in for the season.

Batting average .529 17 at bats, 8 runs, 9 hits, 2 2b, 1 3b, 4 hr, 13 rbi, 25 tb, 1,471 slg%, 5 bb, 0 hp, 3 so, 0 gdp, .636 ob%, 0 sf, 0-1 sb-att, 2 po, 9 a, 0 e, 1.00 fld%.

What other performances caught your eyes this week?
0 permalink
3/27/2011 6:50:58 PM

ACC Fan
ACC Fan
What a week!!! That should take it...
0 permalink
3/27/2011 8:05:16 PM

GR
GR
Impressive. USM pitcher Geoffrey Thomas pitched a complete game shutout today giving up 1 hit to Tulane.
0 permalink
3/27/2011 10:32:23 PM

MClements
MClements
Well as a member of the NCBWA - there is an award for both the player and the pitcher of the week... normally either a starter goes crazy and pitches a no-hitter or one hitter or a closer goes bonkers to win.

However I have seen a lot of crazy offensive stat lines in the past for offensive players, but not like this in the new era of the BBCOR bats...
0 permalink
3/27/2011 11:08:02 PM

Carolina Mike
Carolina Mike
I don't believe anyone can hold a candle to Moran's stats this week.Those are extraordinary numbers with any bat for that matter.Slg % is off the charts,great job Colin!

--
Baseball is like church....many attend but few understand.
0 permalink
3/28/2011 7:53:07 AM

EaglehasLanded
EaglehasLanded
Southern Miss' Adam Doleac could make a run, although he didn't have the hrs like Moran did this week. I don't have his OB% or Slugging %.
resume:

Tue. vs. ULM - 0-4
Wed. vs. USA - 3-5, 5 RBI, 1 run
Fri. vs. TUL - 2-4, 3 RBI, 1 run
Sat. vs. TUL - 5-6, 2 RBI
Sun. vs. TUL - 2-4, 1 run

Total Week - .521 on 12-23, 10 RBI, 3 runs
0 permalink
3/28/2011 1:38:29 PM

rcw1126
rcw1126
Carolina Mike wrote:
I don't believe anyone can hold a candle to Moran's stats this week.Those are extraordinary numbers with any bat for that matter.Slg % is off the charts,great job Colin!

[font=Arial, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]CHAPEL HILL, N.C. - Freshman Colin Moran was named a National Player of the Week by the Collegiate Baseball Newspaper on Monday for his effort in Carolina's 5-0 week. Moran finished the five game stretch with four home runs and 13 RBI for the Tar Heels.
Moran started the week with the best single-game performance of his career going 3-for-4 with a run scored a six RBI in the 14-2 win over UNC Wilmington. The freshman third baseman connected on a triple and a two-run home run in the rout.
The Rye, N.Y., native blasted another two-run home run in the 4-0 win over High Point on Wednesday before scoring and driving in a run in Friday's 8-5 win over rival Duke.
Moran went deep again on Saturday when he drove in the game-winning run against Duke with a solo home run in the sixth inning. Moran finished Saturday's game with a season-high three runs scored.
Moran capped off the weekend in style on Sunday when he connected on a game-tying three-run home run with one out in the bottom of the ninth against the Blue Devils. The home run capped off a day that saw Moran tally a pair of doubles, score two runs and drive in three more.
For the week Moran hit .529 (9-17) with eight runs, 13 RBI, 25 total bases and slugged a remarkable 1.471. Moran also drew five walks, including two intentional free passes, and reached base at a .636 clip.
[/font]
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » National Player of the Week?