Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Shockers/Ducks

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
3/25/2011 6:11:34 PM

thorgreen
thorgreen
2-1 Ducks going into the bot 8. Freshman Thomas in CF snared a would be rbi double. What a catch, and what a change. Go Ducks!
0 permalink
3/25/2011 6:12:27 PM

thorgreen
thorgreen
5 Freshman starting this game.. for the Ducks- Moen came in the 8th.
0 permalink
3/25/2011 6:16:46 PM

thorgreen
thorgreen
top 9 Ducks 2- Shocker- 1 no outs
0 permalink
3/25/2011 6:29:55 PM

thorgreen
thorgreen
Oregon wins 2-1.. 8 win streak
0 permalink
3/25/2011 6:30:32 PM

thorgreen
thorgreen
7 inning game up next
0 permalink
3/26/2011 2:32:55 AM

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
You forgot to post game 2 which UO blew, again, in the 9th...you also should post this in Scoreboard not the regular forum
0 permalink
3/26/2011 3:17:58 AM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
C'mon OpihiMan,

Thorgreen just trying to get a little boost. I did pick them to split their series though.
0 permalink
3/26/2011 9:43:45 AM

thorgreen
thorgreen
Sorry- I was actually at my daughters play. Probably a good thing. WS just looks like they are going to kill the ball every time at bat. They are a pretty good team. Hopefully we can get the bats going, and minimize leaving ducks on the pond..
0 permalink
3/26/2011 9:45:13 AM

thorgreen
thorgreen
Sorry about not posting in the score side of the forum. Thought you had to be a moderator.
0 permalink
3/26/2011 6:05:41 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
thor, are you in the eugene area? what is up with duck radio broadcasts? i can't find them on the radio dial anywhere lately. (from newberg)

last year they were on 95.5 and at least one am station.
0 permalink
3/26/2011 7:03:20 PM

thorgreen
thorgreen
Just got back. Looks like we are going to lose in the bot 17. ouch. If you go to goducks, you can click on the live blog link. Shockers 7- ducks 6. Looks like Mcgough gets another loss. Ouch.
0 permalink
3/26/2011 8:05:54 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
thorgreen wrote:
Just got back. Looks like we are going to lose in the bot 17. ouch. If you go to goducks, you can click on the live blog link. Shockers 7- ducks 6. Looks like Mcgough gets another loss. Ouch.

I heard both coaches were ejected. Sounds like a great game.
0 permalink
3/26/2011 8:07:20 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Dodger Matt wrote:
thor, are you in the eugene area? what is up with duck radio broadcasts? i can't find them on the radio dial anywhere lately. (from newberg)

last year they were on 95.5 and at least one am station.

DodgerMatt, when they aren't on 95.5, there are on one of their two sister AM stations, either 750 or 970 in the Portland area.
0 permalink
3/26/2011 10:34:22 PM

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
I couldn't follow this game I've been at the Hawaii - Cal State Fullerton DH today...what was up with the coaches and players being ejected?
0 permalink
3/27/2011 12:18:03 AM

thorgreen
thorgreen
Well, I pretty much just followed the live blog on the goducks site. I was jazzed that alto came through to tie it up, but was worried when they could not get the walk off in the ninth. I actually was busy with family stuff, so I just followed the live blog, but I heard people where having problems with the paid video feed, and also the tracker. I had paid access last year, and I think this year has not been as good. The timing has been off, and at times delayed. I think they will fix it, if not I probably will not renew this month. This site, coupled with twitter seems to give me the info I need. I think (just going by my instincts following this team) that Horton was trying to pull his magic to get his team fired up. He pretty much pushed the umps based on earlier events. I think they gave him an ultimatum earlier, and he took that to help him make a statement. As for the later ejections, I think the coach followed Hortons que. He wanted to fire up his team. I think it revolved around Serna on second, but I could not get clarification on this. I pretty much shut down contact with the game when Mcgough was put in. It just tears me up to watch him self destruct. After this game and loss, I feel a glimmer of hope that he is starting to move through his yips and relieving. Maybe he might be a better tuesday starter, or non pressure type reliever till he gets his legs under him. I just don't know how much more failure he can go through. I think the coaches need to back off and stop putting him in situations that will play with his mind. Gold, Moen, porter should be enough for pressure situations. I think Mcgough will turn around, and be a super dominant pitcher for us like he was last year. Sorry about the rant, but for a team who has lost nine games this season, I think we are way better than our record indicates. I think our struggles will only make this team better, and hopefully we become more consistent in the later innings, and that our bullpen fulfills what our headcoach has been saying. That we have a super deep, consistent bullpen.. 17 innings is just a tough loss to be involved in, at home. Reminds me of what happened to OSU last year playing UCLA at home. That loss threw them for a loop. Hopefully we can turn things around.. quick.
0 permalink
3/27/2011 12:25:19 AM

thorgreen
thorgreen
6 hours.. egads.
here is a local source that is pretty reliable. I may check the ducks forum and let you know. I think it was broadcast on the west coast though.
http://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/index.ssf/2011/03/wichita_state_7_oregon_6_17_in.html
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Shockers/Ducks