Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Sun Devils - 1st Game notes

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
| you must log in at the top of the page to post
2/19/2011 9:42:15 PM

sundevil31673
sundevil31673
These are the early observations that leaped out from me from last night's game against the UNM Lobos:

- Our new Friday night starter, Brady Rogers, was solid, in command, and generally kept the Lobos off balance the five innings he pitched; he was removed due to reaching his designated pitch count; based on Roger's performance last year which included a stellar performance in which he 2 hit the offensively talented Arizona Wildcats over 8 innings, as well as what I have witnessed during all of this month's practices, I believe we will be in good hands with Rogers on Friday nights. As for Saturday and Sunday, I admit the verdict is still out, but we should know a little bit more after tomorrow's doubleheader against UNM.
- Riccio Torrez - I mentioned a few weeks ago on the Rival's board that Riccio looked physically stronger this year; I expected him to have a huge season and he certainly got off to a roaring start last night with 2 HRs, 5 RBIs, & 2 SB's. I would not be surprised to see him in the running for at least PAC-10 POY. His attitude the last few weeks as been all business.
- Deven Marrero - Folks, I have been extolling this kid's virtues the moment I saw him last year and he has lived up to the hype. Mark my words, he will reach the show within a couple of years.

Today's games against the Lobos were suspended due to weather and rescheduled for tomorrow. I will be heading to the ballpark for the doubleheader and will provide more insight regarding the big question for ASU this year, our rebuilt pitching staff. More to come and thanks for reading. GO DEVILS !!
0 permalink
| you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Sun Devils - 1st Game notes