Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » FREE: Perfect Game Weekend Preview (3/24)

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
3/24/2011 5:15:42 PM

Kendall
Kendall
Administrator
Here's our weekend preview, loaded with tons of information, plus postseason analysis.

http://www.perfectgame.org/Articles/View.aspx?article=5401

--
Kendall Rogers, College Baseball Managing Editor
Follow me on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/#!/KendallRogersPG
Email me: mailto:kendall@perfectgame.org
0 permalink
3/25/2011 10:28:34 AM

gap2gap
gap2gap
Why is USD not hot? Well, is seems as if everything is starting off poorly for them.

Team batting average is .239 ( And to further that point no batter is hitting over .333 and only 3 batters are hitting over .300 at all) The team batting average of the 9 guys with the most ABs is .251)

Team ERA is 5.64 with no pitcher below 3.0, counting the five pitchers with over 20 innings in so far this season.. The average team ERA is 5.03

Holding the other team's running game down is not going so well either - between the two catchers (Sullivan and Kometani) 78.5 percent of basestealers are successful.

There are some fundamental improvements to be made for USD to get back on track. How about we start with a Hill/Valenzuela reunion. They seem to be better together.
0 permalink
3/25/2011 10:41:08 AM

Kendall
Kendall
Administrator
gap2gap wrote:
Why is USD not hot? Well, is seems as if everything is starting off poorly for them.

Team batting average is .239 ( And to further that point no batter is hitting over .333 and only 3 batters are hitting over .300 at all) The team batting average of the 9 guys with the most ABs is .251)

Team ERA is 5.64 with no pitcher below 3.0, counting the five pitchers with over 20 innings in so far this season.. The average team ERA is 5.03

Holding the other team's running game down is not going so well either - between the two catchers (Sullivan and Kometani) 78.5 percent of basestealers are successful.

There are some fundamental improvements to be made for USD to get back on track. How about we start with a Hill/Valenzuela reunion. They seem to be better together.

Saw USD against Connecticut a few weeks ago. Some of its players pass the eyeball test, but a lot of average hitters with just OK pitching this year. Covey only being OK has hurt them I think. Tough year for Rich's crew so far this season. We'll see if they can turn things around in West Coast Conference play.

--
Kendall Rogers, College Baseball Managing Editor
Follow me on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/#!/KendallRogersPG
Email me: mailto:kendall@perfectgame.org
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » FREE: Perfect Game Weekend Preview (3/24)