Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Writers poll

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
3/21/2011 3:21:51 PM

thorgreen
thorgreen
Don't know much about this poll, other than it seems consistently skewed when it comes to the bottom ten teams in the poll. Is there something they know about that all the other polls don't. Laughed about Oregon above OSU.
http://www.sportswriters.net/ncbwa/poll/
0 permalink
3/21/2011 5:15:32 PM

rec1347
rec1347
They don't seem to have much love for West Coast baseball. With the exception of Arizona State, the first WC team doesn't show up until you get to #15 (Irvine) and they're not even in Kendall's top 25.
edited by rec1347 on 3/21/2011
0 permalink
3/22/2011 2:25:35 AM

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
Yeah the Oregon - Oregon State is baffling...both teams have played each other and LBSU, Beavers beat the Ducks and went 2-1 against LBSU versus UO's 1-2.
0 permalink
3/22/2011 8:54:41 AM

tater head
tater head
Really love Bethune Cookman at 10-12, Louisiana Lafayette at 9-10 and Va Tech at 12-10 receiving a vote(s). Says about all you need to know about this poll.
0 permalink
3/22/2011 9:06:30 AM

Irvinebaseballfan
Irvinebaseballfan
rec1347 wrote:
the first WC team doesn't show up until you get to #15 (Irvine) and they're not even in Kendall's top 25.

Irvine is a total crapshoot as to what kind of team they are right now. They've been beating up on really easy competition. Some polls are giving them the benefit of the doubt and placing them in the rankings. I think Kendall's on a wait and see pattern until they actually play somebody. Unfortunately, Irvine doesn't have many quality opponents this year.
0 permalink
3/22/2011 9:48:48 AM

Kendall
Kendall
Administrator
Irvinebaseballfan wrote:
rec1347 wrote:
the first WC team doesn't show up until you get to #15 (Irvine) and they're not even in Kendall's top 25.

Irvine is a total crapshoot as to what kind of team they are right now. They've been beating up on really easy competition. Some polls are giving them the benefit of the doubt and placing them in the rankings. I think Kendall's on a wait and see pattern until they actually play somebody. Unfortunately, Irvine doesn't have many quality opponents this year.

That's exactly my theory on Irvine, and I also have no problem at all with people taking a leap of faith on the Anteaters. Pitching and offense both have been solid, just curious to see what this team does when it faces a solid club.

--
Kendall Rogers, College Baseball Managing Editor
Follow me on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/#!/KendallRogersPG
Email me: mailto:kendall@perfectgame.org
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Writers poll