Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Fullerton suspends 8 for Hawaii series

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
3/21/2011 2:48:44 PM

Kendall
Kendall
Administrator
As we reported first earlier this morning
---

p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 14.0px Calibri} td.td1 {width: 819.0px; margin: 0.5px 0.5px 0.5px 0.5px} Fullerton, Calif. – Cal State Fullerton baseball Head Coach Dave Serrano has announced the suspension of eight players for this weekend’s non-conference series at the University of Hawaii for a violation of team rules.

Relif pitcher Ryan Ackland, designated hitter Carlos Lopez, utility player Walker Moore, starting pitcher Colin O’Connell, shortstop Richy Pedroza, catcher Zach Tanida, third baseman Joe Terry, and utility player Casey Watkins will miss all four games against the Rainbows and will be reinstated for the Tuesday night (Mar. 29) game against UCLA at Goodwin Field.

--
Kendall Rogers, College Baseball Managing Editor
Follow me on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/#!/KendallRogersPG
Email me: mailto:kendall@perfectgame.org
0 permalink
3/21/2011 3:11:03 PM

thorgreen
thorgreen
That should take them out of the rankings..
0 permalink
3/21/2011 5:03:21 PM

Irvinebaseballfan
Irvinebaseballfan
So what about the mid-week games with ASU? Are they suspended for those too?
0 permalink
3/21/2011 6:17:45 PM

MostUnknown
MostUnknown
Suspended for a trip to Hawaii? Now THAT is how you teach a lesson.
0 permalink
3/21/2011 8:18:31 PM

gap2gap
gap2gap
Thank God, Zach Tanida had some fun.
0 permalink
3/21/2011 8:35:07 PM

Kendall
Kendall
Administrator
MostUnknown wrote:
Suspended for a trip to Hawaii? Now THAT is how you teach a lesson.

Bingo .... I have not spoken with Coach Serrano about all of this just yet. He's playing things very close to the vest. But I know Dave very well and he's not the type to put up with anything. I remember a couple of years ago I was covering a series out there, came by to chat at the ballpark during Thursday practice ..... the players were running wind sprints the day before a game .... asked him what happened and a couple of guys missed class, so the whole team suffered. He's all about running a responsible and organized ship. I respect that this day and age when coaches are easy to let players off with far worse things.

--
Kendall Rogers, College Baseball Managing Editor
Follow me on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/#!/KendallRogersPG
Email me: mailto:kendall@perfectgame.org
0 permalink
3/22/2011 2:13:35 AM

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
Nice move by the coach...that's respectable. On a personal note I dunno if this makes me happy or disappointed. On one hand Hawaii has a better chance of picking up the series win, on the other hand it's always more fun to see a team at full strength.

I gaurantee the kids have learned their lesson, nothing like losing out on a free trip to Hawaii to put you back in your place.

edited by OpihiMan on 3/22/2011
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Fullerton suspends 8 for Hawaii series