Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » NC State vs. GT

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
3/21/2011 9:45:46 AM

NCSTFAN
NCSTFAN
This is becoming a waste of key strokes. NC State was dominated by Georgia Tech. NC St seemed like they had a competitive team again this year. Both pitching and hitting are weak it seems. You have to wonder how long Yow is going to allow this kind of performance from Avent?
0 permalink
3/21/2011 10:44:20 AM

cableguy
cableguy
Hope long enough for ECU to take down the Woofpack. Of cource we will and do have a psychological advantage here!
0 permalink
3/21/2011 10:59:24 AM

GTbaseball
GTbaseball
I expected to take 2/3 from NCstate, but WOW i was blown away by how bad we killed you guys. It wasnt even close.

Whats going on up there in Raleigh?
0 permalink
3/21/2011 12:09:56 PM

NCSTFAN
NCSTFAN
Avent is apparently making all the decisions except which pitches are called and thats done by Holliday. Strange year.
0 permalink
3/21/2011 8:29:00 PM

Kendall
Kendall
Administrator
NCSTFAN wrote:
Avent is apparently making all the decisions except which pitches are called and thats done by Holliday. Strange year.

NC State is simply not good this year, but for all the flack Danny Hall has gotten in past years for not doing enough, the guy has done a tremendous coaching job so far this season. Probably his best job in many years I'd say.

--
Kendall Rogers, College Baseball Managing Editor
Follow me on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/#!/KendallRogersPG
Email me: mailto:kendall@perfectgame.org
0 permalink
3/21/2011 8:35:11 PM

GTbaseball
GTbaseball
Kendall wrote:
NCSTFAN wrote:

NC State is simply not good this year, but for all the flack Danny Hall has gotten in past years for not doing enough, the guy has done a tremendous coaching job so far this season. Probably his best job in many years I'd say.

Yeah, word out of GT camp is that Hall REALLY wants a National title before he retires (Next 5 years IMO). And I mean he REALLY wants it.
0 permalink
3/21/2011 8:48:03 PM

Kendall
Kendall
Administrator
GTbaseball wrote:
Kendall wrote:
NCSTFAN wrote:

Yeah, word out of GT camp is that Hall REALLY wants a National title before he retires (Next 5 years IMO). And I mean he REALLY wants it.

Don't really think Danny was happy with the makeup of his team the last two years ..... and I know he feels like this year's club has "it" from an attitude standpoint.

BTW, as a Tech guy, who would you be a fan of hiring when Danny retires someday? GT is a big-time job despite not "great" fan support.

--
Kendall Rogers, College Baseball Managing Editor
Follow me on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/#!/KendallRogersPG
Email me: mailto:kendall@perfectgame.org
0 permalink
3/22/2011 6:00:48 AM

GTbaseball
GTbaseball
Kendall wrote:
GTbaseball wrote:
Kendall wrote:
NCSTFAN wrote:

Don't really think Danny was happy with the makeup of his team the last two years ..... and I know he feels like this year's club has "it" from an attitude standpoint.

BTW, as a Tech guy, who would you be a fan of hiring when Danny retires someday? GT is a big-time job despite not "great" fan support.

I really hope they hire Brian Prince the Head Assistant. DYNAMITE recruiter, great coach, and great with the players. Pretty sure they are priming him for the Head job. He's also a former player who played with Teixiera and in the Bigs.

And on your comment about the team teh past 2 years, I agree 150%. My source has told me lots of things that go on behind the scenes to be quite frank, every single player besides 1-2 had their eyes focused on MLB, where they were going to be drafted, money, etc. Lots of premadonnas in the locker room, etc. It was not a good scene, trust me on that.
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » NC State vs. GT