Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Thoughts on East Carolina

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
3/20/2011 2:50:41 PM

EastCarolinaPirates
EastCarolinaPirates
Not sure how much you follow ECU, but i was wondering what your thoughts were on my Pirates. According to WarrenNolen.com our RPI is 17, SOS 63, and NPI 23. We are 16-4 with losses against UVAx2 (should have won the second game but a stupid error cost us), Pepperdine, and Liberty. This week we went 5-0 with wins over Elon, Buffalo, and a series sweep of Rutgers. I believe we have one of the best pitching staffs in college baseball, boasting 5 shutouts, and only average 2.65 runs per game against us.
It seems every year we have to work are way into the rankings, do you think we earned it yet?
How do you see us finishing in CUSA and on the national stage?
Thanks
0 permalink
3/20/2011 2:55:23 PM

eagleboy415
eagleboy415
You didn't have to work your way in last year. You just took yourself out quickly.
0 permalink
3/20/2011 7:04:43 PM

Kendall
Kendall
Administrator
I like East Carolina's team quite a bit and it's in the mix for our Top 25 rankings this week. The Pirates have a very solid pitching staff, and the offense is good enough for this team to win 40 games this season. Great start, Pirates need to keep it up going into conference though.

--
Kendall Rogers, College Baseball Managing Editor
Follow me on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/#!/KendallRogersPG
Email me: mailto:kendall@perfectgame.org
0 permalink
3/20/2011 7:26:55 PM

EastCarolinaPirates
EastCarolinaPirates
Thanks for the reply. . . it appears CUSA is going to be very strong this year so I hope we can be successful in conference play. I think Rice, Tulane, UCF, USM, and ECU are all top 40 or so teams. Our pitching staff will give us the opportunity to win every game we play.
0 permalink
3/20/2011 11:16:34 PM

hubbyb014
hubbyb014
how's wooten doing this year?
I remember from coming up there to watch the series last year there was a lot of buzz about him.... and the kid could strait mash
0 permalink
3/21/2011 9:56:00 AM

PaintItPurple.net
PaintItPurple.net
Wooten is off to bit of a slow start this year, but he has gotten it going lately. After that hot start last season, pitchers figured out his weaknesses and he is still learning to adjust.

--
0 permalink
3/21/2011 9:57:20 AM

PaintItPurple.net
PaintItPurple.net
Also, the Pirates now lead the country in pitching ERA overall. Just got to get the bats cranked up a bit and this team has a high ceiling.

--
0 permalink
3/21/2011 8:27:44 PM

Kendall
Kendall
Administrator
PaintItPurple.net wrote:
Also, the Pirates now lead the country in pitching ERA overall. Just got to get the bats cranked up a bit and this team has a high ceiling.

If East Carolina hits with consistency as the season progresses, watch out, it is going to be an extremely tough out in the postseason. I'm really surprised with the job Billy G has done this season. He's a really good coach that got in a bad situation with off the field troubles (from players) in the spring.

--
Kendall Rogers, College Baseball Managing Editor
Follow me on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/#!/KendallRogersPG
Email me: mailto:kendall@perfectgame.org
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Thoughts on East Carolina