Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Update on Friday's Hawaii-Portland Game (Tsunami)

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
3/11/2011 5:31:49 AM

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
As of 2:40am Hawaii time they have announced that the University of Hawaii sporting events will still be occurring despite the incoming Tsunami. This can of course change when the first wave is supposed to hit Hawaii in about 30 minutes.

I'll try to keep you guys posted (assuming I don't lose power/ cell reception)
0 permalink
3/11/2011 8:06:33 AM

GatoRex
GatoRex
OpihiMan wrote:
As of 2:40am Hawaii time they have announced that the University of Hawaii sporting events will still be occurring despite the incoming Tsunami. This can of course change when the first wave is supposed to hit Hawaii in about 30 minutes.

I'll try to keep you guys posted (assuming I don't lose power/ cell reception)

Judging by your avatar it looks like you may have lost power

Seriously though I hope you guys make out ok just don't try to surf the thing
0 permalink
3/11/2011 8:09:33 AM

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
So far on my coast everything looks ok, on Diamond Head the ocean retreated about 200+ yards and exposed the reef then surged in...no damage has been reported but the Sun still isn't up. Largest wave reported was 8 ft. on Maui so far.

***6:40am waters still surging no major damage to report, waves reported over 12ft and 100ft inland on the Big Island

****Hawaii Closed their campus for class today but the game is still on

Oddly enough this is the 2nd time in a year this has happened to a college from the state of Oregon.

http://www.katu.com/news/local/85719772.html
edited by OpihiMan on 3/11/2011
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Update on Friday's Hawaii-Portland Game (Tsunami)