Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Beavs & Cougs

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
pages: 1.. 5 6 | show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
4/13/2014 4:24:31 PM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
Yeah...not sure how a bird became a tree. Also, pretty sure a Ute is not an animal. USC is a raincoat, so it fits well because they are pretty big ones.

BeaverBob wrote:
Don't know why, but, maybe it's because I'm sitting in the outdoors watching nature at its best, but I got to thinking about the mascots in the Pac 12. Only two of the Pac 12 teams don't have animal mascots. Standford either has a color or a tree depending on how you view it (Cardinal or Tree). USC has a prophylactic as their mascot (Trojan).

edited by Florida Beaver on 4/13/2014
0 permalink
4/13/2014 4:27:23 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Michael, do you know if this is paid attendance or those physically in attendance?

OpihiMan wrote:
Washington State doesn't register in the top 50 for attendance...Ducks are way way down this year...currently at 42nd in the nation (averaging 1,481 a game), Oregon State is 24th (averaging 2,608 a game).
0 permalink
4/13/2014 4:29:43 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Rain coat! I like it. I'm not sure, but I think a Ute is either some type of goat-like animal, or from the movie, "My Cousin Vinny," a youth.

Florida Beaver wrote:
Yeah...not sure how a bird became a tree. Also, pretty sure a Ute is not an animal. USC is a raincoat, so it fits well because they are pretty big ones.

BeaverBob wrote:
Don't know why, but, maybe it's because I'm sitting in the outdoors watching nature at its best, but I got to thinking about the mascots in the Pac 12. Only two of the Pac 12 teams don't have animal mascots. Standford either has a color or a tree depending on how you view it (Cardinal or Tree). USC has a prophylactic as their mascot (Trojan).

edited by Florida Beaver on 4/13/2014

edited by BeaverBob on 4/13/2014
0 permalink
4/13/2014 4:30:58 PM

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
Physically in attendance, turnstiles. It is interesting to note that the Beavs are only 250 a game behind the #1 team (in attendance) in the Pac-12...ASU.
0 permalink
4/13/2014 4:39:48 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
BeaverBob wrote:

And a devil?
0 permalink
4/13/2014 4:48:05 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt wrote:
BeaverBob wrote:

And a devil?

And some unimaginative thinking too: Bruins and Bears (same animal); Wildcats and Cougars (same animal). Reminds me of Canadian Football, where I think they once had two teams in the same league called the Blue Bombers. Roll Eyes (Sarcastic)
0 permalink
4/13/2014 5:37:42 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Totally forgot about them Devils. Sorry Fred. Perhaps they qualify as a Tasmanian Devil?

Dodger Matt wrote:
BeaverBob wrote:

And a devil?
0 permalink
4/13/2014 5:44:38 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Great observation DM. One would think that Cal, given their Ivy League-like mindset (what I really mean is liberal goofballs), could do better than the Bears. I'm sure some group such as PETA will eventually determine that the University is benefiting from the use of the name Bears or is mistreating its mascot and will demand a name change.

Dodger Matt wrote:
Dodger Matt wrote:
BeaverBob wrote:

And a devil?

And some unimaginative thinking too: Bruins and Bears (same animal); Wildcats and Cougars (same animal). Reminds me of Canadian Football, where I think they once had two teams in the same league called the Blue Bombers. Roll Eyes (Sarcastic)

edited by BeaverBob on 4/13/2014
+1 permalink
4/13/2014 6:17:08 PM

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
The Cal Bear mascot is so weird looking...it always reminds me of this:

0 permalink
4/13/2014 6:21:27 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
What's in the white bag?

Froot

OpihiMan wrote:

0 permalink
4/13/2014 6:24:53 PM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
The thing that ends up in beavers

BeaverBob wrote:
What's in the white bag?

Froot

OpihiMan wrote:

0 permalink
4/13/2014 6:25:58 PM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
trojans

Florida Beaver wrote:

BeaverBob wrote:
What's in the white bag?

Froot

OpihiMan wrote:

0 permalink
4/13/2014 6:31:54 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Thanks FB, I knew I could count on you. Probably the transgendered and extra-small variety.

Florida Beaver wrote:
trojans

Florida Beaver wrote:

BeaverBob wrote:
What's in the white bag?

Froot

OpihiMan wrote:

0 permalink
4/13/2014 6:33:10 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
The Cal PedoBears?
http://wallpoper.com/images/00/23/99/70/pedobear-4chan_00239970.jpg
0 permalink
4/13/2014 6:37:53 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
FB, you are bringing out the best me. I don't know how I overlooked this last comment. I'm not so sure. I've heard that the Cal Bears are very anal in their world view.

Florida Beaver wrote:

BeaverBob wrote:
What's in the white bag?

Froot

OpihiMan wrote:

0 permalink
4/13/2014 6:39:51 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
DM, when I first saw your post, I thought is said the wallpooper.com/images. I had to take a second look.

Dodger Matt wrote:
0 permalink
4/13/2014 6:42:49 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
It's been a long weekend. Obviously, a trip to Church didn't do me much good for my outlook today. I may need to go to evening services tonight. I love that God has a sense of humor. If not, I'm in trouble.
+1 permalink
pages: 1.. 5 6 | show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Beavs & Cougs