Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » The rest of the CWS

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
pages: 1 2 | show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
6/25/2013 8:47:47 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
I'm thinking back to some of us complaining to Kendall that he had UCLA rated way too high for most of the year. Some of us might have to eat a little crow or if you prefer, stuffed Duck.
0 permalink
6/25/2013 9:27:30 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Hey, guys, amazing thing to see: Orel Hershiser wearing lavender and purple again. Wow. Who'd've guessed that would happen?

BeaverBob wrote:
I'm thinking back to some of us complaining to Kendall that he had UCLA rated way too high for most of the year. Some of us might have to eat a little crow or if you prefer, stuffed Duck.

Nope. UCLA was still overrated at the time. And I believe the Beavers ARE the superior team. Exactly what UCLA is doing to MSU is what OSU should have done, but we played our freshman both times against them. Not necessarily a bad decision, because Moore was solid the whole year and did not pitch badly in either game. But his game one jitters were the difference. And he was left in the game one inning too long in the last game. If we hadn't had to use Wetzler and Boyd in elim games, this would have been OSU vs. UCLA, and I'll let you decide how that series would have gone.

But your comment reminds me of something that happened at work a few years back. The site manager (in Salem) was a big Oregon Duck fan. He was predicting a Duck win in the Civil War (football), but when the Beavers won, he said in front of the whole assembled company: "I predicted a Duck victory, but it looks like I'm gonna have to eat some Beaver." No, he did not understand why everyone was laughing nor what he had said, until later in the day when someone leaned over and explained it to him. I don't think the guy's wife showed up at work the rest of that year.
0 permalink
6/25/2013 9:30:01 PM

ASU74
ASU74
BeaverBob wrote:

I was thinking the same thing....maybe a Beaverskin cap...help protect Kendall from the Texas sun.

--
Go Devils !!
Fork Off
0 permalink
6/25/2013 9:36:50 PM

1whoknows
1whoknows
6-0 Bruins. Once again the PAC 12 dominates the college world series. Once again the SEC goes down with hardly a whimper.

What do you say next year we just keep it all on the West Coast and play the World Series out here. We'd all see some better baseball.
0 permalink
6/25/2013 9:42:50 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Beaver apparel falls in FB's area. I think he keeps a full line of both shaved and bushy Beaver skin apparel and caps.

ASU74 wrote:
BeaverBob wrote:

I was thinking the same thing....maybe a Beaverskin cap...help protect Kendall from the Texas sun.

edited by BeaverBob on 6/25/2013
0 permalink
6/25/2013 9:46:04 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Matt, I can't disagree that the Beavers are really the best team.

Thanks too for the chuckle.

Dodger Matt wrote:
Hey, guys, amazing thing to see: Orel Hershiser wearing lavender and purple again. Wow. Who'd've guessed that would happen?

BeaverBob wrote:

Nope. UCLA was still overrated at the time. And I believe the Beavers ARE the superior team. Exactly what UCLA is doing to MSU is what OSU should have done, but we played our freshman both times against them. Not necessarily a bad decision, because Moore was solid the whole year and did not pitch badly in either game. But his game one jitters were the difference. And he was left in the game one inning too long in the last game. If we hadn't had to use Wetzler and Boyd in elim games, this would have been OSU vs. UCLA, and I'll let you decide how that series would have gone.

But your comment reminds me of something that happened at work a few years back. The site manager (in Salem) was a big Oregon Duck fan. He was predicting a Duck win in the Civil War (football), but when the Beavers won, he said in front of the whole assembled company: "I predicted a Duck victory, but it looks like I'm gonna have to eat some Beaver." No, he did not understand why everyone was laughing nor what he had said, until later in the day when someone leaned over and explained it to him. I don't think the guy's wife showed up at work the rest of that year.
0 permalink
6/25/2013 10:36:22 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Beavers take it next year, making it three in a row for the Pac.
+1 permalink
6/26/2013 8:40:07 AM

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
And then the following year LSU begins their own threepeat.
0 permalink
pages: 1 2 | show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » The rest of the CWS