Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Oregon State vs. Louisville (6/17 - 12pm)

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
pages: 1 2 3 | show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
6/17/2013 4:03:20 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Posts: 1253
Pull him out and bring in the bull pen. Give them some opportunities to rebuild their confidence.

When I went to a meeting, the Beavs were up 3-0. What a pleasant suprise to see the score 10-0.

Dodger Matt wrote:
Okay, at 10-0, this is officially a blowout. Beaver Nation: Do you pull Wetzler and let that much maligned and intimidated bullpen build some confidence, assuming we might need a fresh Benny later on? Or let him nail the coffin lid shut?
+1 permalink
6/17/2013 4:23:13 PM

ASU74
ASU74
Posts: 1016
Nice!!! 4 innings to go.

--
Go Devils !!
Fork Off
0 permalink
6/17/2013 4:49:27 PM

borgguy
borgguy
Posts: 545
I guess Coach thinks that the pen is more likely to give up 9 runs before they get 9 outs

--
GO BEAVS!
0 permalink
6/17/2013 5:01:18 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Posts: 1253
What the heck has happened to our bull pen? At one time, it was considered one of the best in the nation.

Were they really not that good?

Did the coaches rely too much on the starters and not give them enough innings during the year?

Did the coaches yank them out too quickly when they ran into trouble and destroy their confidence?

Whether Yeskie is a good pitching coach or not, guys like Schultz and Child were fantastic last year. Bryant was an all-american the year before. Did these players suddenly lose their ability to pitch? I thought a coaches job was to take talent and help them develop and get better each year.


borgguy wrote:
I guess Coach thinks that the pen is more likely to give up 9 runs before they get 9 outs

edited by BeaverBob on 6/17/2013
0 permalink
6/17/2013 5:04:50 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Posts: 1253
Has Mike Parker been off his game lately or is it just me. He just said the Conforto double puts the Beavers up 11 to 1. The score is actually 11-4.
There were several instances today where his voice inflection led me to believe the play had a different outcome and then his comments did not seem to match his inflection.
0 permalink
6/17/2013 5:06:45 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Posts: 1253
Good to see you Fred. I hope you are at home enjoying your St. Pauli Girl.

What are the Devils chances next year? Will they be a better team than this year?

ASU74 wrote:
Nice!!! 4 innings to go.
0 permalink
6/17/2013 5:11:11 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Posts: 1253
Mike Parker just said that Conforto's on base % is 800 for the first two games of the series. I take back my comment in another post that Dylan Davis has had a better year. He may have until the last couple of games of the regular season, but Conforto has lived up to his all Pac-12 player of the year and All-American status thus far in the CWS.
0 permalink
6/17/2013 5:26:28 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Posts: 2073
That was a good inning by Schultz. I just think he needs some playing time here in Omaha and he'll be back up to snuff. That first inning he came in did not look good, but we all know he has it. Remember Baton Rouge last year....
0 permalink
6/17/2013 5:27:45 PM

borgguy
borgguy
Posts: 545
BeaverBob wrote:
Has Mike Parker been off his game lately or is it just me. He just said the Conforto double puts the Beavers up 11 to 1. The score is actually 11-4.
There were several instances today where his voice inflection led me to believe the play had a different outcome and then his comments did not seem to match his inflection.



mike admitted early that he was a little off, not getting days right, he is out of his routine, should hopefully have it together enough so we can eventually hear our favorite phrase... "And the Beavers are the National Championnnnnssss!!!"

--
GO BEAVS!
0 permalink
6/17/2013 5:36:02 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Posts: 1253
Good timing for another great catch from Max Gordon. ESPN had just showed several of his great catches during the season.
+1 permalink
6/17/2013 5:42:11 PM

borgguy
borgguy
Posts: 545
that last inning got a little interesting for my taste, but got the win, didnt have to use Boyd so he should be good to go wednesday....

--
GO BEAVS!
0 permalink
6/17/2013 5:45:09 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Posts: 2073
Yeah, a little tougher to get that last out than I would have expected, given the way Schultz was cruising, but he did not allow another run (thanks, Thrasher), and all is well.
0 permalink
6/17/2013 5:50:49 PM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
Posts: 1063
Nice..I worked all last night and didn't get to bed until 11 this morning. I got up a little after 4 and started watching from the beginning. Caught up the DVR and watched live from about the 5th on. Great way to take advantage of the opponent's mistakes. Need to do the same on Wednesday. I think we play MSU again, as I do not think they will win tonight. Again, good win for the Beavs. Good confidence booster.
+1 permalink
6/17/2013 5:57:01 PM

borgguy
borgguy
Posts: 545
yeah MSU on wednesday would probably be the easier one, but I am worried then about Denato after his masterful performance against Louisville

--
GO BEAVS!
0 permalink
6/17/2013 9:23:01 PM

borgguy
borgguy
Posts: 545
so I heard Mike Parker today mention something about Mitch Canham having recorded a new version of "Ostate Ballaz" but I cant seem to find it anywhere, anyone have any ideas?

--
GO BEAVS!
0 permalink
6/17/2013 10:50:42 PM

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
Posts: 985
Opihi to the rescue...

PAIN - O State Straight Ballin' 2013


borgguy wrote:
so I heard Mike Parker today mention something about Mitch Canham having recorded a new version of "Ostate Ballaz" but I cant seem to find it anywhere, anyone have any ideas?
+1 permalink
6/17/2013 10:57:22 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Posts: 2098
Florida Beaver wrote:
Nice..I worked all last night and didn't get to bed until 11 this morning. I got up a little after 4 and started watching from the beginning. Caught up the DVR and watched live from about the 5th on. Great way to take advantage of the opponent's mistakes. Need to do the same on Wednesday. I think we play MSU again, as I do not think they will win tonight. Again, good win for the Beavs. Good confidence booster.

Looks like Indy. What are the chances they pitch their number 1?
0 permalink
6/17/2013 11:54:18 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Posts: 2073
Did you guys see this video? Watch Max Thrasher on his hands.
0 permalink
6/18/2013 1:43:30 AM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Posts: 1253
I love it. It helps when your arms are much longer than your legs.

Dodger Matt wrote:
Did you guys see this video? Watch Max Thrasher on his hands.
0 permalink
6/18/2013 8:35:58 AM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Posts: 2098
I saw pictures of louisvilles team after the loss. Puts things into perspective.
-1 permalink
pages: 1 2 3 | show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Oregon State vs. Louisville (6/17 - 12pm)





Powered by AspNetForum 6.9.9.0 © 2006-2010 Jitbit Software