Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » So who is going to Omaha?

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
6/12/2013 10:37:13 AM

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
Mostly Beavers on here and LSU_Blake, any of ya'll going to the World Series?

I swore to myself last year, whether LSU made it or not, I was making the trip this year. But unfortunately I won't be able to do it, just too much going on at work.
0 permalink
6/12/2013 11:13:08 AM

borgguy
borgguy
cant afford it i would love to be able to go and some day maybe I will

--
GO BEAVS!
0 permalink
6/12/2013 12:42:03 PM

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
I'm heavily considering it...I have a place to stay and transportation, only need to get a plane ticket. Oregon state wouldhave to win it's first 2 games though...
0 permalink
6/12/2013 7:04:00 PM

LSU_Blake
LSU_Blake
It's on my bucket list but I probably won't go unless LSU goes again. I'm like you, too much going on at work and I'm already taking a Disney World trip with the family in the winter so it's out of the question for me. I don't think my wife and girls would like it too much if I traded Disney for Omaha. I've never been to fond of sleeping on the couch.

--
91' 93' 96' 97' 00' 09' NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
0 permalink
6/12/2013 8:41:12 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
OM, I'm seriously considering it. Back in 2006, I went for the last 3 games against UNC. I arrived late, caught the last 4 innings of the first game. We had to sleep in a rental car the first night. However, it turned out to be one of the best vacations/trips ever. Just be prepared for the heat and humidity if you have never been to Omaha. I've never experienced a more humid and hot place.

My wife is looking at flights and hotels beginning on Friday or Saturday begininning June 21st. I've also considered just jumping in the car and driving.

OpihiMan wrote:
I'm heavily considering it...I have a place to stay and transportation, only need to get a plane ticket. Oregon state wouldhave to win it's first 2 games though...
0 permalink
6/12/2013 11:18:33 PM

SouthernBeaver
SouthernBeaver
I'm driving through on Tuesday on my way to Cleveland. Just my luck, the other bracket plays on Tuesday. I'll at least put the flags on the car though and make sure the OSU shirt I wear that day is orange. (I wear OSU shirts 7 days a week... but sometimes they are black, pink, white, grey, or turquoise instead...)
0 permalink
6/13/2013 12:12:15 AM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Jealous..
0 permalink
6/13/2013 9:15:55 AM

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
LSU_Blake wrote:
It's on my bucket list but I probably won't go unless LSU goes again. I'm like you, too much going on at work and I'm already taking a Disney World trip with the family in the winter so it's out of the question for me. I don't think my wife and girls would like it too much if I traded Disney for Omaha. I've never been to fond of sleeping on the couch.

Yea, getting married a month ago really sealed my fate this year. Pretty much used up all my vacation days on that. It's times like these that I miss being in college. Senior year at LSU was '09, was able to fly there the first weekend and catch 2 games. Then when LSU made the finals, me and a bunch of friends drove up for the championship series. What I would do to have free time like that now.

If LSU does make the championship series, I haven't given up hope. I still may find a way to get up there. It is such an awesome trip, make sure you scratch it off the bucket list someday!!
edited by Hedegoba88 on 6/13/2013
0 permalink
6/13/2013 1:22:03 PM

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
25hr drive....hmmm, but at close to 1,700 miles is 9 tanks of gas cheaper than flying?

BeaverBob wrote:
OM, I'm seriously considering it. Back in 2006, I went for the last 3 games against UNC. I arrived late, caught the last 4 innings of the first game. We had to sleep in a rental car the first night. However, it turned out to be one of the best vacations/trips ever. Just be prepared for the heat and humidity if you have never been to Omaha. I've never experienced a more humid and hot place.

My wife is looking at flights and hotels beginning on Friday or Saturday begininning June 21st. I've also considered just jumping in the car and driving.

OpihiMan wrote:
0 permalink
6/13/2013 10:41:05 PM

LSU_Blake
LSU_Blake
Hedegoba88 wrote:
LSU_Blake wrote:

Yea, getting married a month ago really sealed my fate this year. Pretty much used up all my vacation days on that. It's times like these that I miss being in college. Senior year at LSU was '09, was able to fly there the first weekend and catch 2 games. Then when LSU made the finals, me and a bunch of friends drove up for the championship series. What I would do to have free time like that now.

If LSU does make the championship series, I haven't given up hope. I still may find a way to get up there. It is such an awesome trip, make sure you scratch it off the bucket list someday!!

Well I'm only 24 so I have a long time to scratch it off, God willing of course. My wife is the type that loves to see different places though so it would probably be worth her while. She likes it win LSU wins because it puts me in a better mood lol. I'm probably gonna go up to Hoover for the SEC Tournament next year since Ive never been to it either. That trip will be a little cheaper and I don't live but a few hours from Hoover. But Omaha, man that would be a dandy.

--
91' 93' 96' 97' 00' 09' NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
0 permalink
6/15/2013 12:54:07 AM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Hedegoba88, your statement below sounds like a bumper sticker. Just wait until you have been married 30 years. My wife and I will celebrate our 30th in October. Not a bad life, but get your traveling done early in your marriage. When the kids come, it's not as easy until they are out of the house and you have paid for their college.

Yea, getting married a month ago really sealed my fate

Hedegoba88 wrote:
LSU_Blake wrote:

0 permalink
6/15/2013 3:41:24 PM

Rowdy
Rowdy
If your teams make the finals I would do whatever I could to get to Omaha. I had my flights and hotel booked to see the CATS last year and I had to drop everything for a business trip. In hindsight my business trip wasnt memorable. Who knows how many more years until your team is in the CWS again ...I am kicking myself to this day for not going. Good luck!
+1 permalink
6/16/2013 12:46:00 AM

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
[font=Helvetica, arial]Haha, I may have something there. I bet it would be a good seller, may have to kick back some royalties your way. Me and the wife are already on that line of thinking. Traveling is our main goal the next few years before life gets too serious. 30 years is a long time, congrats. Hopefully we make it there!![/font]

BeaverBob wrote:
Hedegoba88, your statement below sounds like a bumper sticker. Just wait until you have been married 30 years. My wife and I will celebrate our 30th in October. Not a bad life, but get your traveling done early in your marriage. When the kids come, it's not as easy until they are out of the house and you have paid for their college.

Yea, getting married a month ago really sealed my fate

Hedegoba88 wrote:
LSU_Blake wrote:

0 permalink
6/16/2013 9:39:40 AM

Heels2Omaha
Heels2Omaha
I'm here....getting fired up for Heels/Pack!
0 permalink
6/16/2013 3:58:56 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
What's up with your heels. I just turned the game on in the 6th and expected to see a different type of score. NC State 5-0 with only one hit for UNC.

Heels2Omaha wrote:
I'm here....getting fired up for Heels/Pack!
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » So who is going to Omaha?