Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Corvallis SR preview

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
6/8/2013 12:26:48 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Couldn't even view anything all day yesterday. Kinda like torture, although there were only two games going on. So glad it is all fixed.

Now, my next complaint. With all the Beavers on this board, you wait to post the Corvallis SR preview LAST? LSU, Fullerton, okay they played a day early. Most of the other teams playing have at best one fan who posts on this board with any regularity. I would imagine the second best offense versus the second best defense would garner a little more general interest. shake head

Found the Corvallis SR preview.
edited by Dodger Matt on 6/8/2013
+1 permalink
6/8/2013 1:06:36 PM

borgguy
borgguy
also looks like the SR prediction thread got lost in the shuffle as well....

--
GO BEAVS!
0 permalink
6/8/2013 1:13:35 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Ow. You're right. Well, I have everyone's predictions logged. At least up to Hedegoba, who was number 13. I'll restart the thread.
0 permalink
6/8/2013 1:43:15 PM

OregonStHomer
OregonStHomer
I am also disappointed with the lack of Oregon State coverage from Kendall. I am not looking for Beaver-centric coverage, just equal treatment. The marketing adage "Know your audience" comes to mind.

Also I was hoping to post my predictions but with the board not working it seems I missed out.
0 permalink
6/8/2013 2:52:25 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Well.... That's ALMOST the Corvallis SR preview. None of the content is about either teams except for what other coaches are saying about each team, at the bottom.

Sigh.
0 permalink
6/8/2013 4:05:43 PM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
K never has liked posting much about the Beavs on here. A sample posting:

"The Oregon State Beavers played a really good series this weekend, posting 2 shutouts and a 1 run game against their opponent. Boyd and Moore were good from the mound. Pay Casey finds a way to do a good job up in Corvallis." "On to other news."

However, some teams get this:

"The UCLA Bruins, easily the best team in the PAC-12 conference had a bye week, but I want to spend the next 4 pages talking about the attributes of Adam Plutko and Nick Vander Tuig. These Bruins are sure to be the PAC Champs this year and are favored to win the CWS."
0 permalink
6/8/2013 4:09:45 PM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
Also, I am not sure that the board was down. I got on from my tablet, but as soon as I signed in to post, I got the gibberish stuff. Wondering if the beaver stuff BB and I started got us booted. If so, I feel extremely bad about other s suffering for my comments. Lesson learned. Talk baseball here, innuendos at work.
0 permalink
6/8/2013 11:01:56 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Florida Beaver wrote:
Also, I am not sure that the board was down. I got on from my tablet, but as soon as I signed in to post, I got the gibberish stuff. Wondering if the beaver stuff BB and I started got us booted. If so, I feel extremely bad about other s suffering for my comments. Lesson learned. Talk baseball here, innuendos at work.

Well after this week. I think he knew something we did not. If the bruins make it and the beavs don't, he will be a genius.
0 permalink
6/8/2013 11:03:03 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Florida Beaver wrote:

No.. I would not worry about that fb.. you beavs fan are the lifeblood of this board. would not be what it is without you guys. I mean that.
0 permalink
6/8/2013 11:04:09 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Florida Beaver wrote:

I think the site has been getting excessive traffic. I chalk that one up to the beavs. You guys drum up traffic. Oh, and the lone duck does all right as well. lol
0 permalink
6/8/2013 11:04:59 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Florida Beaver wrote:

"The Oregon State Beavers played a really good series this weekend, posting 2 shutouts and a 1 run game against their opponent. Boyd and Moore were good from the mound. Pay Casey finds a way to do a good job up in Corvallis." "On to other news."

"The UCLA Bruins, easily the best team in the PAC-12 conference had a bye week, but I want to spend the next 4 pages talking about the attributes of Adam Plutko and Nick Vander Tuig. These Bruins are sure to be the PAC Champs this year and are favored to win the CWS."

Well, they are about to punch their ticket to the CWS.. The beavs are in a corner right now.
0 permalink
6/9/2013 12:11:03 AM

beavos88
beavos88
Riverduck wrote:
Florida Beaver wrote:

Well, they are about to punch their ticket to the CWS.. The beavs are in a corner right now.

Well, Kendall is right. UCLA should have gotten a national seed. And Fullerton State. It's a shame both teams had to face each other in the Super Regional. The ACC is a joke. The fighting Chad Flacks should have lost today v. South Carolina. Florida State took it in the face at home v. Indiana? UVA .....as usual .....is overrated. I mean. C'mon. And I must admit the Beavers are a solid team but they are very Duck-like in regards to generating offense. It's kind of sad. But, it's not over. Look Jason Kendall Gill is one of those peeps. He is used to seeing "those teams." He loves to cover the elites. I think he may be an elitist wannabe. He wants to see Stanford get in there. He wants to see UCLA......USC.......hell. He loves your Ducks because he wears nike undies. Look...It's the old conferences and teams that he loves to see and he wants to see his chad flacks get in there...........and you know what? HE IS A GENIUS because UCLA is 3 outs from getting their ticket punched to Omaha for the 2nd straight year. Also, he covers the teams that have the premier pro prospects. Look at UCLA? They have the reall MLB talent. Not your Sherfy.....remember Herfy's burgers?..........It's BERG and VANDER TUIG. .......It's not Matt Boyd.......It's Plutko. It's Appel.......Kendall Gill gets a woody covering teams that have the real pro talent. Look.

KState and Indiana are next OSU circa 2006.....and if the Beavs don't make it.....one of those teams will.

And congrats on posting post Duck loss, Riverduck. I knew you'd be here as you should. I thought Rice was gonna win today, too. NC State had to pull a walk-off to win. ACC is overrated. You think the Chad Flacks will win it all, Riverduck? I'm thinking it's gonna be a west coast team or an outsider on a roll like a Kstate or Indiana.
0 permalink
6/9/2013 12:15:19 AM

LSU_Blake
LSU_Blake
Kendall is secretly an LSU fan.

--
91' 93' 96' 97' 00' 09' NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
+1 permalink
6/9/2013 1:01:03 AM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
From the K-State webpage:
"[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Oregon State was led at the plate by Tyler Smith, who went 2-for-4."

Note, Oregon State sportswriters: OSU was LED by Smith. Correct. Not Oregon State was LEAD, which is a heavy metal.

Just sayin'. [/font]
Read Report
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Corvallis SR preview