Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » SEC lays an Egg

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
6/2/2013 10:17:40 PM

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
Talk about laying an egg. LSU is the only team in the Supers so far. South Carolina has been postponed till tom., but everyone is eliminated or playing tomorrow. Pretty poor showing. But how bout dem Tigers!!!!!
0 permalink
6/2/2013 10:27:46 PM

LSU_Blake
LSU_Blake
The only team that matters is in hedge.

--
91' 93' 96' 97' 00' 09' NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
0 permalink
6/2/2013 10:31:01 PM

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
YYEEEEUUUPPPP!!!!!!!
0 permalink
6/2/2013 10:33:38 PM

LSU_Blake
LSU_Blake
Two wins away from Omaha. I'm glad we are playing a team with a name this year. Sure don't want to get Stony Brooked again. If LSU plays a decent game we should be on the next flight to Nebraska. We are due. Four years is too long to be away from there.

--
0 permalink
6/3/2013 12:30:48 AM

jellafever
jellafever
Well, things certainly could have gone better for SEC teams than they have so far. However, I'm still not sure the SEC has done as poorly as some national pundits and fans of teams in other conferences would like to make it seem.

Only 8 teams get to Omaha, so it's not like all 9 SEC teams in the postseason were going to make it. Furthermore, I really only expected LSU, Vandy, and potentially South Carolina and/or Arkansas to make it to Omaha.

I think the SEC is still in good position to be well represented in Omaha and make a strong push for claiming another National Title. (Although I will say I have been VERY impressed with Cal St. Fullerton so far.)
0 permalink
6/3/2013 2:05:08 AM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
Depending on what Oregon can mount tomorrow against Rice, the PAC-11 will have 50 or 75% success in regional play. Not too bad. It was ASU's misfortune to face CSF. And of course, that still does not mean both or all three will make it to Omaha, just as Vandy, LSU and possibly USCe may not make the trip west after the Supers either.
0 permalink
6/3/2013 10:05:40 AM

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
LSU_Blake wrote:
Two wins away from Omaha. I'm glad we are playing a team with a name this year. Sure don't want to get Stony Brooked again. If LSU plays a decent game we should be on the next flight to Nebraska. We are due. Four years is too long to be away from there.

Yea, last year was brutal losing to a small school like that. Oklahoma is a bigger name but LSU baseball is still expected to win. I am very concerned about this super. The way LSU has been swinging the bats, Gray and Overton are gonna give them all they can handle. Nola will be Nola but if Eades doesn't show again, it will be very interesting.

I'm just excited for the weekend!! I've been so busy this season that I've made one game way back in February. I'll be at the Box all weekend, hopefully only a saturday game is needed though.
0 permalink
6/3/2013 9:19:32 PM

LSU_Blake
LSU_Blake
Cool thing is that all four remaining SEC schools will not have to play each other until they get to Omaha. Wouldn't that be something.

--
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » SEC lays an Egg