Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Beavers vs. Golden Bears

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
| you must log in at the top of the page to post
5/3/2013 6:43:00 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
A near-sellout and 81 degrees. A great day for baseball!
0 permalink
5/3/2013 9:20:35 PM

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
The video feed had Parker synced today for me.
+1 permalink
5/4/2013 1:06:15 AM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
I heard Mike Parker say that Jace Fry is expected to pitch some this weekend. What a pleasant surprise. Last I heard he was not going to be ready until June, if at all.
edited by BeaverBob on 5/4/2013
+1 permalink
5/5/2013 10:52:37 AM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Some interesting factoids from the Beaver website and from my own records that I wanted to share:
  • Andrew Moore's complete-game shutout of California gave Oregon State nine on the season, which is tied with Cal State Fullerton, Dartmouth and Delaware State for most in the nation. The nine shuouts are the most in school history.
  • The Beavers have already swept three conference series this season, tying the 2006 club for the second-most in a single year and one shy of the 2005 club, which swept four, for the most since the then-Pac-10 unified in 1999.
  • Matt Boyd, Andrew Moore and Tony Bryant have kept California in check this weekend. The trio has combined for just five hits allowed, one run, two walks and 14 strikeouts. Cal is hitting .088 and the one run allowed has enabled the Beavers' team earned run average to drop to 1.95. It is at 1.98 during Pac-12 play.
  • Oregon State has steadily improved its lifetime winning percentages against all conference foes over the Casey era. The Beavers have had losing records against seven of the ten Pac-12 teams for decades, but Arizona, Cal, and UCLA could move into the break even or "Beaver win" column over the next three years. Stanford is within four years of .500.
+1 permalink
| you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Beavers vs. Golden Bears