Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Beavers vs. Golden Bears

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
pages: 1 2 | show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
5/3/2013 9:56:08 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Riverduck wrote:
Riverduck wrote:
OpihiMan wrote:
Florida Beaver wrote:
Riverduck wrote:

And there is a reason there are a ton of fans in that stadium.. People are used to them winning.
And everyone loves winners.

Ah! Now it make sense why so few people attend Oregon home games.

No, we have to many teams to pick from.. that are winning. lol

Logic

lol hit

explain this than.. http://azstarnet.com/sports/baseball/college/wildcats/arizona-leads-pac--in-baseball-attendance/article_43cccbe3-19fa-50b6-8fd8-ac579d6d734b.html

http://www.sportswriters.net/ncbwa/news/2013/attendance130429.pdf
and this year.. You guys pack your stadium and can only beat us by a thousand or two? That is how big our park was.. the other day I could have sworn we had around 3900 or so. Does your park even hold 1500?
0 permalink
5/3/2013 9:56:42 PM

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
Riverduck wrote:

They won a national championship...not hard to figure out.
0 permalink
5/3/2013 10:00:36 PM

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
Riverduck wrote:
Riverduck wrote:
Riverduck wrote:
OpihiMan wrote:
Florida Beaver wrote:
Riverduck wrote:

And there is a reason there are a ton of fans in that stadium.. People are used to them winning.

Logic

lol hit

explain this than.. http://azstarnet.com/sports/baseball/college/wildcats/arizona-leads-pac--in-baseball-attendance/article_43cccbe3-19fa-50b6-8fd8-ac579d6d734b.html

http://www.sportswriters.net/ncbwa/news/2013/attendance130429.pdf
and this year.. You guys pack your stadium and can only beat us by a thousand or two? That is how big our park was.. the other day I could have sworn we had around 3900 or so. Does your park even hold 1500?

You've played 5 more home games than us....come on RD. READ. Goss holds 3200+
0 permalink
5/3/2013 10:01:07 PM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
Riverduck wrote:
Riverduck wrote:
OpihiMan wrote:
Florida Beaver wrote:
Riverduck wrote:

Logic

lol hit

Um, maybe because they play 12 home games before the Beavers sweep the snow off Goss field to play their first home game?
0 permalink
5/3/2013 10:01:17 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
OpihiMan wrote:

That pdf was before Oregon beat them at their park. That was impressive.
0 permalink
5/3/2013 10:02:08 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Riverduck wrote:
OpihiMan wrote:

That pdf was before Oregon beat them at their park. That was impressive.

Pretty ho hum till after the loss to Oregon. Then they went on a tear.
0 permalink
5/3/2013 11:23:58 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Riverduck wrote:

Partially true. I remember going to games in the 90s when there were half as many as you typically see today against teams like Bryant. But that doesn't explain USC (of the 12 national championships) drawing so poorly, does it? Winning gets you an increase, whatever your average may be. But it does not equal automatic attendance numbers. You have to build that baseline over years. Oregon State has done that.
0 permalink
5/4/2013 1:06:15 AM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
I heard Mike Parker say that Jace Fry is expected to pitch some this weekend. What a pleasant surprise. Last I heard he was not going to be ready until June, if at all.
edited by BeaverBob on 5/4/2013
+1 permalink
5/4/2013 2:46:23 AM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
BeaverBob wrote:
I heard Mike Parker say that Jace Fry is expected to pitch some this weekend. What a pleasant surprise. Last I heard he was not going to be ready until June, if at all.
edited by BeaverBob on 5/4/2013

Be nice to have Jace back for the post-season
0 permalink
5/4/2013 9:30:34 AM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
I heard that too. Didn't figure he'd appear Friday, as Boyd usually goes pretty long. But it could happen today, if they need a lefty late in the game. Awesome to get him back with enough time to improve and make a difference in the postseason.
0 permalink
5/4/2013 7:35:16 PM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
Off the subject here, but here's a wild video of Darwin Barney beating the crap out of a bench with his rib cage.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/darwin-barney-survives-violent-crash-wrigley-field-bullpen-095416072.html
0 permalink
5/5/2013 10:52:37 AM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Some interesting factoids from the Beaver website and from my own records that I wanted to share:
  • Andrew Moore's complete-game shutout of California gave Oregon State nine on the season, which is tied with Cal State Fullerton, Dartmouth and Delaware State for most in the nation. The nine shuouts are the most in school history.
  • The Beavers have already swept three conference series this season, tying the 2006 club for the second-most in a single year and one shy of the 2005 club, which swept four, for the most since the then-Pac-10 unified in 1999.
  • Matt Boyd, Andrew Moore and Tony Bryant have kept California in check this weekend. The trio has combined for just five hits allowed, one run, two walks and 14 strikeouts. Cal is hitting .088 and the one run allowed has enabled the Beavers' team earned run average to drop to 1.95. It is at 1.98 during Pac-12 play.
  • Oregon State has steadily improved its lifetime winning percentages against all conference foes over the Casey era. The Beavers have had losing records against seven of the ten Pac-12 teams for decades, but Arizona, Cal, and UCLA could move into the break even or "Beaver win" column over the next three years. Stanford is within four years of .500.
+1 permalink
5/5/2013 12:18:44 PM

borgguy
borgguy
Dodger Matt wrote:
Some interesting factoids from the Beaver website and from my own records that I wanted to share:
  • Andrew Moore's complete-game shutout of California gave Oregon State nine on the season, which is tied with Cal State Fullerton, Dartmouth and Delaware State for most in the nation. The nine shuouts are the most in school history.
  • The Beavers have already swept three conference series this season, tying the 2006 club for the second-most in a single year and one shy of the 2005 club, which swept four, for the most since the then-Pac-10 unified in 1999.
  • Matt Boyd, Andrew Moore and Tony Bryant have kept California in check this weekend. The trio has combined for just five hits allowed, one run, two walks and 14 strikeouts. Cal is hitting .088 and the one run allowed has enabled the Beavers' team earned run average to drop to 1.95. It is at 1.98 during Pac-12 play.
  • Oregon State has steadily improved its lifetime winning percentages against all conference foes over the Casey era. The Beavers have had losing records against seven of the ten Pac-12 teams for decades, but Arizona, Cal, and UCLA could move into the break even or "Beaver win" column over the next three years. Stanford is within four years of .500.

although arent we still over a decade away from breakng even with Wazzou, even if we sweep them every year?

--
GO BEAVS!
0 permalink
5/5/2013 2:43:12 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Yes, sorry. Eleven years of sweeps to best Wazzu. On the bright side, it would take the Huskies 14 years of sweeps to catch us.
0 permalink
5/5/2013 3:27:41 PM

SouthernBeaver
SouthernBeaver
How did Fry look on the mound today?
0 permalink
pages: 1 2 | show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Beavers vs. Golden Bears