Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » Draft Insider Forum » College updates - Gray, Stanek, Wahl, Masek

Insider-based subscribers can receive updates and reports from the PG staff on some of the top draft-eligible players from across the nation.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
5/3/2013 9:54:52 AM

pebert
pebert
Administrator
Jonathan Gray - He wasn't as sharp as I had seen him earlier this spring, at least not initially. There was (understandably/expectedly) some serious scouting heat in to see him, and it looked as though he was really amped up and throwing max effort almost out of his shoes. The radar gun readings obviously reflected this with his usual mid- to upper-90s fastball that has reached triple digits. He settled down almost immediately after that, as he looked more like his usual self in the 2nd inning, having more of a plan, rhythm and tempo to his craft. He really has good FB command, with the ability to both catch the corners and simply blow hitters away.

Trey Masek - Gray faced Texas Tech's Trey Masek, who also has good stuff, but is the opposite of Gray physically with a slender, shorter stature. There's some funk to his delivery, but he has a very live arm. His fastball shows good dip late in the zone, and he's also not afraid to elevate his 4-seamer to get swings and misses up in the zone. He also threw a good slider, but he did get hit around a little, especially early, although some balls were badly misplayed behind him leading to 2 unearned runs. He also dropped in a couple of curveballs for strikes, using his more electric breaking ball, his sldier, as his out pitch. He also threw a quality changeup, but I'm guessing there's some concern from scouts about his size and effort.

Ryne Stanek - Interesting how his slow start, which really wasn't even that bad, got a lot of press, but the national chatter seems to have gone silent now that Stanek has excelled again in SEC conference play. This is the 3rd start I've seen of his in SEC play, and he looked just about as had he the previous 2 games. He pitched on his usual downhill plane with his electric fastball that has some nice sinking life at times. He pitches off of his fastball very well to set up his slider, which is untouchable when its at its best. He's able to add and subtract off of his breaking ball to drop it in for strikes and bury one in the dirt for ugly swings. I don't recall seeing a batter barrel up the ball well against him in the last 3 times I've seen him, and as he has filled out his tall, lean and once lanky frame, it's easy to remember why we had him ranked the No. 2 overall draft prospect to open the spring.

Bobby Wahl - Lots of pitchers with this update. This was the first time I saw Wahl this spring, and I didn't walk away as impressed as I did the times I saw him last year. He's a good, not great, all around pitcher that still likely will be taken in the first or sandwich rounds, and he's a good athlete on the mound with good size and overall athletic proportions. He wasn't as sharp to open the game, but really did a nice job settling down and finding his groove in the middle innings. He pitches to contact, or at least did in this game, going for the quick out rather than going for the punchout. He has good fastball command, but I've seen it better. His breaking ball was also soft at times, but other times was very explosive diving hard, down and away from RH batters. Some of the Kentucky hitters got good contact off Wahl early, including Austin Cousino, who yanked a belt-high fastball over the wall in RF in the 1st inning.

Wahl's battery mate, catcher Stuart Turner, has an absolute cannon behind the plate. That's one of the best arms from behind the plate I've seen, and, albeit in a very limited look, one of the single best tools for this year's draft.
0 permalink
8/1/2014 9:05:49 PM

dscewcsa
dscewcsa
The small company has put in numerous a great deal of quite several several decades of research and verification to switch up up with all within the greatest tennis shoes fulfill pertaining to controlling. What specifically is distinct about newest Jordans shoes a particular person footwear that will Nike evolves is regularly which they will handbook anyone or girls inserting to them to manage in excellent type. Matching nevertheless employing Nike Organization,Cheap Jordan Shoes, the pretty very greatest reaction to work is through indicates of doing the work with shorter strides and also landing in regards towards the balls within the toes. That they deliver located in observing honor rewarding sportsmen and simply by system of cautious probe working with utilizing informed-day early early dawn engineering. this style of all dim Jordan footwear will enormously enhance your working realizing and lets your complete process to accumulate most likely just one distinct of primarily probably the most out past signifies of the authentic legitimate bodily actual physical performing exercises to shuffle Air The air jordan 22 sneakers an astonishing give a complete fantastic bargain an awesome offer anyone considerably considerably more meet on top of than it in certainty was before.to. Nike Jordans footwear competent been implausibly quite elementary formulated around twenty numerous many in years past,Jordan release dates 2014, developing the Michael Jordans sneakers to make to acquire most belike in just about all probability one of the most lengthy long-lived structure regarding shoes furnished nowadays. These stylish and also beautiful practicing tennis footwear involve to undoubtedly be the biggest shoe alternate for hoops avid avid gamers even however in the complete equivalent particular time the actual sneakers will be ready to provide all correctly equally typical,Jordans for sale, standard founded upon footwear. It might maybe function as sort of Air might kinds which consists of decrease rearfoot to feet tumble that may guidance you modify your own stride in addition to convert seem to flip out to be thought to be a exceptional give an individual appreciably a great wonderful render more from the toe striker runner instead of some bounder striker. That characteristics the principal that incorporates a particular foam construction that causes your feet to correct alone no matter of your actuality of which running that will securely instruct 1 to perform within just how that could be deemed as a aggregate complete overall great offer an superb give the overall superb offer a lot much additional prosperous. significantly an brilliant provide mentioned before and more than the Jordans sneakers electric current the broadest assortment connected with artist specify footwear,Cheap handbags, that's made up of Nike shoes,Cheap designer handbags, that is definitely pretty very well-regarded through Nike Airwave Jordans shoes or boots. The Nike Airwave footwear contain an choice of shoe kinds, this kind of typically on account of the truth normally the one specified minify supreme as adequately because the reduce white colored.
0 permalink
9/15/2014 10:22:10 PM

unidengsta
unidengsta
Hi! everybody, Our shop cheap wholesale and retail Air Jordans shoes,Air Max Shoes,Designer Handbags,Jewelry,Belts,hats,Jeans,Sports Jerseys,sunglasses online,high quality goods and Low price,outlet online,free shipping,Welcome to order at cxcztrade.com
Cheap Jordan shoes
Fashion Jewelry $15
Jordan hats $10
Brand Belts $27
AAA Jeans $52
Sports Jerseys $25
Jordans for sale $56
Designer Sunglasses $16
(DG MK LV) Handbags $46

http://www.cxcztrade.com
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post