Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » COLLEGE FIELD of 64: April 25

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
4/25/2013 10:50:48 AM

Kendall
Kendall
Administrator
Posts: 7536
Here you go, gang:

http://www.perfectgame.org/Articles/View.aspx?article=8333

--
Kendall Rogers, College Baseball Managing Editor
Follow me on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/#!/KendallRogersPG
Email me: mailto:kendall@perfectgame.org
0 permalink
4/25/2013 5:00:32 PM

borgguy
borgguy
Posts: 611
Thanks as always Kendall!

one of the highlights of my week. Thing i like most about this is that both Oregon and Oregon state are Natl seed AND would be on opposite sides of the bracket, i would LOVE to have a Civil War for the national title!

(if both teams make it to Omaha, think they will share a plane ride over?)

--
GO BEAVS!
+1 permalink
4/25/2013 9:09:37 PM

LSU_Blake
LSU_Blake
Posts: 522
I don't understand how Florida can be a 2 seed. I know they have been hot but they will be lucky to win 30 games by seasons end. Heck in 2010 LSU had 38 wins and didn't even make the tourney. Also I see we have South Alabama in our bracket. I live in Mobile and have seen them play and want no part of that team. Those guys can hit.

--
91' 93' 96' 97' 00' 09' NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
0 permalink
4/26/2013 7:52:08 AM

MiamiBaseball
MiamiBaseball
Posts: 218
LSU_Blake wrote:
I don't understand how Florida can be a 2 seed. I know they have been hot but they will be lucky to win 30 games by seasons end. Heck in 2010 LSU had 38 wins and didn't even make the tourney. Also I see we have South Alabama in our bracket. I live in Mobile and have seen them play and want no part of that team. Those guys can hit.



I hate Florida with a passion, but it's hard to argue with their non-conference schedule. They don't have a weak series on their entire slate. 30 wins is not bad when you consider a full SEC schedule plus Miami, FSU, Indiana, FGCU, and Duke. There's no one named Monmouth or Alcorn State on there.
0 permalink
4/26/2013 10:19:55 AM

Kendall
Kendall
Administrator
Posts: 7536
MiamiBaseball wrote:
LSU_Blake wrote:
I don't understand how Florida can be a 2 seed. I know they have been hot but they will be lucky to win 30 games by seasons end. Heck in 2010 LSU had 38 wins and didn't even make the tourney. Also I see we have South Alabama in our bracket. I live in Mobile and have seen them play and want no part of that team. Those guys can hit.


Blake -- Florida has 11 wins vs. RPI Top 25 teams .... that's pretty incredible, and just shows you how strong that schedule is that UF has played this season.


I hate Florida with a passion, but it's hard to argue with their non-conference schedule. They don't have a weak series on their entire slate. 30 wins is not bad when you consider a full SEC schedule plus Miami, FSU, Indiana, FGCU, and Duke. There's no one named Monmouth or Alcorn State on there.


--
Kendall Rogers, College Baseball Managing Editor
Follow me on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/#!/KendallRogersPG
Email me: mailto:kendall@perfectgame.org
0 permalink
4/26/2013 11:11:34 AM

hogfan4life
hogfan4life
Posts: 305
I still think its funny that we are forced to base hosting decisions on a number system when we have head to head results that tell a different story.
0 permalink
4/26/2013 11:15:49 AM

MiamiBaseball
MiamiBaseball
Posts: 218
hogfan4life wrote:
I still think its funny that we are forced to base hosting decisions on a number system when we have head to head results that tell a different story.



There's a whole schedule to consider, not just a random series here and there that you determine to be important.
0 permalink
4/26/2013 9:11:00 PM

hogfan4life
hogfan4life
Posts: 305
Yeah like only losing two SEC series thus far while others hosting have even been swept by said team. It'll play itself out I just think I would choose a team other than one that had been swept twice now in conference play.
0 permalink
4/26/2013 11:49:50 PM

LSU_Blake
LSU_Blake
Posts: 522
Im not saying Florida doesnt deserve to go, but a 2 seed with only about 30 wins.....cmon. I dont care what the RPI is thats bullcrap. Like I said LSU had almost 40 wins as well as a series sweep against a good Cal State Fullerton that year and didnt even sniff the tourney. We shall see though, because they are coming to the Box next weekend.

--
91' 93' 96' 97' 00' 09' NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
0 permalink
4/30/2013 11:44:32 AM

leofrog
leofrog
Posts: 13
Kendall,

This is a big if, but what happens if a team like TCU wins the Big 12 tourney? What seed would they be? I could substitute Texas, but their RPI and overall resume is much better than TCU's.
Thanks
0 permalink
4/30/2013 8:13:36 PM

Kendall
Kendall
Administrator
Posts: 7536
Probably a No. 2 or No. 3 seed .... depending on how they finished the regular season.

Good, out of the box, question, though. nice job. Love it.

leofrog wrote:
Kendall,

This is a big if, but what happens if a team like TCU wins the Big 12 tourney? What seed would they be? I could substitute Texas, but their RPI and overall resume is much better than TCU's.
Thanks


--
Kendall Rogers, College Baseball Managing Editor
Follow me on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/#!/KendallRogersPG
Email me: mailto:kendall@perfectgame.org
0 permalink
5/2/2013 7:34:05 AM

MiamiBaseball
MiamiBaseball
Posts: 218
hogfan4life wrote:
Yeah like only losing two SEC series thus far while others hosting have even been swept by said team. It'll play itself out I just think I would choose a team other than one that had been swept twice now in conference play.



Again, there is a whole schedule to consider. Arkansas has a horrible RPI because they chose to not challenge themselves out of conference.
0 permalink
5/2/2013 7:43:58 AM

MiamiBaseball
MiamiBaseball
Posts: 218
LSU_Blake wrote:
Im not saying Florida doesnt deserve to go, but a 2 seed with only about 30 wins.....cmon. I dont care what the RPI is thats bullcrap. Like I said LSU had almost 40 wins as well as a series sweep against a good Cal State Fullerton that year and didnt even sniff the tourney. We shall see though, because they are coming to the Box next weekend.



We will tackle the facts first. It was 2011, not 2010, and LSU had 36 wins, not 38. That's almost 37, not almost 40.

LSU's problem that year was similar to Arkansas' problem right now: a horrid OOC schedule. Florida would certainly have 36 wins if they could drop FSU, Miami, FGCU, and Indiana and pick up Holy Cross, Princeton, and New Orleans.

I don't get why people don't bother looking at schedules. Arkansas built a gaudy record by beating absolutely no one, just like LSU in 2011.
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » COLLEGE FIELD of 64: April 25





Powered by AspNetForum 6.9.9.0 © 2006-2010 Jitbit Software