Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Pac-12 predictions: 2013 Week 11

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
pages: 1 2 3 4 .. 6 | show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
4/27/2013 9:56:33 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
That was sad. I caught that last play in the AZ-Alabama State game, and the 2nd dropped a routine pop fly that would have been the third out in the bottom of the 10th that allowed the winning run to sore from third. Bummer. The pitcher just dropped to a squat to say WTH. Not saying AS would have won, but to lose like that just feels dirty.
0 permalink
4/27/2013 10:25:33 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
borgguy wrote:
going to extra innings alabama st and ariz tied at 3, almost everyones score will tumble if the cats drop this one....

and wow! Alabama st 2nd baseman drops a pop up with 2 outs in the bottom of the 10th with a runner on third and the wildcats win 4-3 poor kid
edited by borgguy on 4/27/2013

Wow- and this is d1 ball? hmm.
0 permalink
4/27/2013 10:26:29 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Dodger Matt wrote:
That was sad. I caught that last play in the AZ-Alabama State game, and the 2nd dropped a routine pop fly that would have been the third out in the bottom of the 10th that allowed the winning run to sore from third. Bummer. The pitcher just dropped to a squat to say WTH. Not saying AS would have won, but to lose like that just feels dirty.

Make that guy walk to the motel.. but, it happens to us all. Anyone can win.. the sign of true success is getting back on that horse and kicking past failure to the curb.
edited by Riverduck on 4/27/2013
0 permalink
4/28/2013 1:27:50 AM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
OM, are you feeling ok? When I saw you at the Beaver game today, you looked a little disoriented and I figured you were suffering from heat stroke

OpihiMan wrote:
Let me be the first to congratulate the Oregon Ducks on their first series win against a ranked opponent I may give them a hard time, but my arguments are fact based (even if they are loosely based). I can no longer claim they've beaten no one....they are now 1-4 in series against ranked opponents.
0 permalink
4/28/2013 1:35:08 AM

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
Yeah, I'm tired...heading to LA today.

Figured I'd be nice and throw the Ducks a bone since they did something they haven't done all year and have earned the smallest ounce of respect from me...but then those Duck fans remind me why I'm as jaded toward the schmucks as I am.

Looking forward to next weekend!

BeaverBob wrote:
OM, are you feeling ok? When I saw you at the Beaver game today, you looked a little disoriented and I figured you were suffering from heat stroke

OpihiMan wrote:
Let me be the first to congratulate the Oregon Ducks on their first series win against a ranked opponent I may give them a hard time, but my arguments are fact based (even if they are loosely based). I can no longer claim they've beaten no one....they are now 1-4 in series against ranked opponents.
0 permalink
4/28/2013 1:39:03 AM

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
RD, you are correct...not because this is a brilliant thought or revelation...but because, in fact, no other team has played Vandy, CSF, and Oregon State (which the ducks are 3-4 against currently, with 2 series losses and a mid-week win).

Riverduck wrote:

Well, we have at least beaten 3 out of the current top 6 teams at least once. That is worth something..

Riverduck wrote:

I would loosely say that no other team in the country has beaten vandy, beavs and csf..
0 permalink
4/28/2013 8:09:04 AM

borgguy
borgguy
DAY TWO RECAP

OREGON 6 STANFORD 4

Ryon Healy hit two home runs to lead No. 13 Oregon to a 6-4 win over No. 21 Stanford in Pac-12 Conference play at PK Park on Saturday in front of 3,892. Healy hit a pair of two-run home runs to right field and finished 3-for-3 with four RBI and two runs scored. The Ducks’ first baseman started the scoring with a two-run shot in the first inning putting Oregon (23-10, 15-5 Pac-12) on top 2-0 after one.
He added the second two-run shot in the fourth capping a three-run inning to give the Ducks a 6-1 lead. Healy’s two homers gave him nine for the season and the four RBI ran his season total to a team-best 40

OREGON LEADS SERIES 2-0

OREGON STATE 3 USC 0

Andrew Moore threw 7 2/3 innings in a scoreless start as he and the seventh-ranked Oregon State baseball team shut out USC, 3-0, in front a season-best 3,103 fans at Goss Stadium Saturday afternoon.
Michael Conforto homered and Tyler Smith and Ryan Barnes drove in runs for the Beavers, who now look for a sweep of the Trojans Sunday in a 12:05 p.m. PT start at Goss Stadium.Moore held the Trojans scoreless through 7 2/3 innings, scattering four singles while issuing two walks and hitting one batter. He induced inning-ending double plays in the fifth and seventh innings.

OREGON STATE LEADS SERIES 2-0

UCLA 10 WASHINGTON STATE 1

The ninth-ranked UCLA Baseball team scored six runs in the first two innings and got a complete game from junior right-hander Nick Vander Tuig to claim a 10-1 series-clinching victory over Washington State on Saturday afternoon.
Vander Tuig picked up his third consecutive win to move to 7-3 on the year, after allowing one run on seven hits while striking out eight in his nine innings of work. He also did not walk a batter in the game to record his second complete game of the season. Tanner Chleborad took the loss for the Cougars, lasting just 3.2 innings and giving up seven runs (five earned) on eight hits while walking two.

UCLA LEADS SERIES 2-0

ARIZONA STATE 5 UTAH 1

The eighth-ranked Arizona State University baseball team won its fourth straight Pac-12 series with a 5-1 win over Utah on Saturday at Spring Mobile Ballpark in Salt Lake City.
The Sun Devils (27-12-1, 10-7) used a three-run first inning to take an early lead and starting left-hander Ryan Kellogg gave up just one run in eight innings as ASU took its eighth series win and its fifth conference road win of the season.

ARIZONA STATE LEADS SERIES 2-0

CALIFORNIA 8 WASHINGTON 1

Led by the outstanding pitching of junior right-hander Trevor Hildenberger and a two-hit, three RBI day from freshman third baseman Mitchell Kranson, Cal baseball defeated Washington, 8-1, Saturday (April 27) at Husky Ballpark in Seattle.
The Bears broke a 0-0 tie with five runs in the top of the sixth inning, highlighted by Kranson's RBI single through the middle of the infield, and later junior shortstop Mike Reuvekamp's double down the right field line that scored three runs off of UW starter Austin Voth (4-5, 6.0 innings, eight hits, five runs, one earned run, three walks, four strikeouts).
Hildenberger gave up his lone run in the bottom of the sixth inning, but Cal sealed the win with three runs in the top of the ninth inning on a sacrifice fly by junior designated hitter Devon Rodriguez and a two-run single by Kranson.

SERIES TIED 1-1

ARIZONA 4 ALABAMA STATE 3 (10)

Arizona scored twice in the eighth inning to tie the game and then capitalized on a dropped pop up with two outs in the bottom of the 10th inning to overcome visiting Alabama State, 4-3, before a crowd of 2,582 on Saturday night at Hi Corbett Field.
With two outs and runners on the corners in the 10th inning, Arizona's Kevin Newman stepped to the plate with a chance to extend his 11-game hitting streak and send the Wildcats home with a thrilling victory.
Newman delivered only one of the two outcomes and, fortunately for Arizona (27-14), the latter proved true.
Second baseman Einar Muniz dropped a high pop up in shallow centerfield, which allowed Scott Kingery to score the game-winning run. Newman's hitting streak came to an end on the error, but the Wildcats extended their own streak to nine-consecutive victories in their home ballpark.
It was a heartbreaking outcome for Alabama State (27-21), which let a two-run lead slip away in the eighth inning.

ARIZONA LEADS SERIES 2-0

--
GO BEAVS!
0 permalink
4/28/2013 8:51:31 AM

borgguy
borgguy
Standings after day 2: BeaverBob, BTExpress, and Riverduck all stay put and all still have shots at a perfect week. looking at the numbers if both Oregon and Oregon State win, BeaverBob will win, if Oregon wins and Oregon State loses Riverduck wins, if Oregon loses and Oregon State wins, then BTExpress wins. several other people have shots at perfect weeks as well, but that would require all the favorites to lose today (something I doubt will happen) ASU74 moves up one spot and is no longer all by himself in the bottom, and Florida Beaver seems to be giving RD a run for his money for perennial bottom dweller, but he seems to like it there

1)BeaverBob 34 17

T2)BTExpress 32 17
Riverduck 32 17

T4)OregonStHomer 28 17
Hogfan4life 28 17
Dodger Matt 28 17
JCR 28 17
YellowlabOSU 28 17

9)OpihiMan 28 15

10)Borgguy 27 14

11)UOsportsguy 26 17

T12)SouthernBeaver 26 15
Beaverstate69 26 15
OregonG20 26 15
Rowdy 26 15

16)WildCard85 25 14

17)ASU74 24 15

18)Florida Beaver 24 13

--
GO BEAVS!
0 permalink
4/28/2013 11:32:58 AM

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
I take back what I said...just realized Stanford's RPI is 93 and there record is horrible...don't know why they are ranked they have a bunch off bad losses. Ducks still haven't won a series against a good team.
0 permalink
4/28/2013 12:31:45 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Thanks for the update borgguy.

I'm going for the trifecta today. A Beaver win, a Duck loss, and BeaverBob takes home the prize.

quote=borgguy]Standings after day 2: BeaverBob, BTExpress, and Riverduck all stay put and all still have shots at a perfect week. looking at the numbers if both Oregon and Oregon State win, BeaverBob will win, if Oregon wins and Oregon State loses Riverduck wins, if Oregon loses and Oregon State wins, then BTExpress wins. several other people have shots at perfect weeks as well, but that would require all the favorites to lose today (something I doubt will happen) ASU74 moves up one spot and is no longer all by himself in the bottom, and Florida Beaver seems to be giving RD a run for his money for perennial bottom dweller, but he seems to like it there

1)BeaverBob 34 17

T2)BTExpress 32 17
Riverduck 32 17

T4)OregonStHomer 28 17
Hogfan4life 28 17
Dodger Matt 28 17
JCR 28 17
YellowlabOSU 28 17

9)OpihiMan 28 15

10)Borgguy 27 14

11)UOsportsguy 26 17

T12)SouthernBeaver 26 15
Beaverstate69 26 15
OregonG20 26 15
Rowdy 26 15

16)WildCard85 25 14

17)ASU74 24 15

18)Florida Beaver 24 13
0 permalink
4/28/2013 12:41:51 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
BeaverBob wrote:
Thanks for the update borgguy.

I'm going for the trifecta today. A Beaver win, a Duck loss, and BeaverBob takes home the prize.

quote=borgguy]Standings after day 2: BeaverBob, BTExpress, and Riverduck all stay put and all still have shots at a perfect week. looking at the numbers if both Oregon and Oregon State win, BeaverBob will win, if Oregon wins and Oregon State loses Riverduck wins, if Oregon loses and Oregon State wins, then BTExpress wins. several other people have shots at perfect weeks as well, but that would require all the favorites to lose today (something I doubt will happen) ASU74 moves up one spot and is no longer all by himself in the bottom, and Florida Beaver seems to be giving RD a run for his money for perennial bottom dweller, but he seems to like it there

1)BeaverBob 34 17

T2)BTExpress 32 17
Riverduck 32 17

T4)OregonStHomer 28 17
Hogfan4life 28 17
Dodger Matt 28 17
JCR 28 17
YellowlabOSU 28 17

9)OpihiMan 28 15

10)Borgguy 27 14

11)UOsportsguy 26 17

T12)SouthernBeaver 26 15
Beaverstate69 26 15
OregonG20 26 15
Rowdy 26 15

16)WildCard85 25 14

17)ASU74 24 15

18)Florida Beaver 24 13

I guess the Oregon Game is on ESPNU at 12:30
0 permalink
4/28/2013 3:19:09 PM

borgguy
borgguy
hate to break it to ya BB but if the Duckies lose, so do you. BTExpress will win because he picked Ducks 2-1 while you picked a sweep, beyond that your picks are the same. so which is more important to you: taking a half game lead in the standings, or taking home the pick crown for this week? cuz ya cant do both

--
GO BEAVS!
0 permalink
4/28/2013 3:30:57 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
borgguy wrote:
hate to break it to ya BB but if the Duckies lose, so do you. BTExpress will win because he picked Ducks 2-1 while you picked a sweep, beyond that your picks are the same. so which is more important to you: taking a half game lead in the standings, or taking home the pick crown for this week? cuz ya cant do both

that's an easy one.I'd rather see BTEexpress win.
+1 permalink
4/28/2013 3:58:05 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
OpihiMan wrote:
I take back what I said...just realized Stanford's RPI is 93 and there record is horrible...don't know why they are ranked they have a bunch off bad losses. Ducks still haven't won a series against a good team.

OM, Stanford is one of those darling teams that are always ranked in top 5 to start season. I think it is time for their old coach to retire.
0 permalink
4/28/2013 4:04:40 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Great predictions BB- I am impressed you called it. I was thinking the OSU loss was riskier than calling an Oregon sweep IMO. I am going to put it out there, Healy should get player of the week. That was some clutch hitting, textbook Oregon baseball. First time stanford gets swept in pac play.. I don't see OSU sweeping them at their place. That was a huge win for Oregon.
edited by Riverduck on 4/28/2013
0 permalink
4/28/2013 4:50:35 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Riverduck wrote:
Great predictions BB- I am impressed you called it. I was thinking the OSU loss was riskier than calling an Oregon sweep IMO. I am going to put it out there, Healy should get player of the week. That was some clutch hitting, textbook Oregon baseball. First time stanford gets swept in pac play.. I don't see OSU sweeping them at their place. That was a huge win for Oregon.

gaining 8 pts on florida beav is a slam dunk!
0 permalink
4/28/2013 5:39:20 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Thanks RD. I caught the last part of the Ducks game on TV. It was amazaing they didn't load the based up. Very poor coaching. Standford had a good chance to win both the Friday and Sunday games, but just fell apart both times. The Ducks certainly showed they can win the tight games. The reality is that neither Standford or USC are good teams. Other than both teams having a great Friday night starter, neither seem to have much else going for them.

I just hope Stanford doesn't decide to start playing baseball again in two weeks.

Riverduck wrote:

edited by BeaverBob on 4/28/2013
0 permalink
4/28/2013 5:41:27 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Could happen BB. I was impressed with their rookie pitcher, and that lefty at the end was pretty good. When they brought in the last guy.. his look was much easier to cope with. Hence the outcome.
0 permalink
4/28/2013 5:42:03 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
RD, I'd give the nod to Healy for offensive player of the week. I think you could choose any of the Beaver's starting pitchers for pitcher of the week.

Riverduck wrote:
I am going to put it out there, Healy should get player of the week. That was some clutch hitting, textbook Oregon baseball.
0 permalink
4/28/2013 5:49:42 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
It looks like the mercy rule should have been involved in the Arizona and Alabama St. game. 18-3. I get the sense that Arizona was a bit frustrated with the close game yesterday.
0 permalink
pages: 1 2 3 4 .. 6 | show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Pac-12 predictions: 2013 Week 11