Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » SEC Predictions/Scoreboard 4/18-4/21

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
4/16/2013 6:02:38 PM

LSU_Blake
LSU_Blake
Ok here we go again on what looks like a less than stellar week in the SEC.

GAME OF THE WEEK
#15 Kentucky vs #14 South Carolina
Even though this is the game of the week, these two teams are licking their wounds after last weekend. Kentucky lost a series to bottom dweller Tennessee and USCe was swept by Florida in Gainsville. Gonna be interesting matchup still because both of these teams need a big series win just from a mental standpoint. (Prediction USC 2-1)

#2 LSU vs Alabama
LSU is coming off a big series win at Arkansas in a series that could have went either way. This is the second road trip in a row for LSU but they are riding a huge wave of momentum into Tuscaloosa and will be playing a team that was swept last weekend in Alabama. (Prediction LSU 3-0)

#3 Vanderbilt vs Georgia
Right now Vanderbilt is cleaning house with the bottom dwellers of the SEC East. After coming off a series sweep of Missouri, look for Vanderbilt to do the same against what is arguably the worst team in the conference. (Prediction Vandy 3-0)

Texas A&M vs #9 Arkansas
Arkansas almost won a series over LSU but were nipped in the rubber match in what was a great series. Even though it may have been tough mentally, I look for Arkansas to bounce back nicely against a Texas A$M team that was swept at home last weekend. (Prediction Arky 3-0)

Auburn vs # 17 Miss St.
Auburn has been on the rise lately winning a few SEC series (even though it was against lesser opponents in the league). Regardless, it wont be enough to beat Miss St. who in my opinion is one of the most underappreciated team not only in the SEC but the nation. (Prediction Miss St. 3-0)

#20 Ole Miss vs Tennessee
Tennessee got a huge series victory over Kentucky last weekend, while Ole Miss took care of business against Alabama. This will actually be a pretty good series in my opinion, but its one that Ole Miss should win. (Prediction Miss 2-1)

Florida vs Missouri
Man what can I say about Florida. Everybody counted them out a few weeks ago but they are making a strong push and are ranked #2 in the SEC East after sweeping SC over the weekend. Im still not sold completely but it seems like Florida is heading in the right direction. (Prediction 2-1 UF)

--
91' 93' 96' 97' 00' 09' NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
0 permalink
4/17/2013 11:21:37 AM

hogfan4life
hogfan4life
The last time USCe was swept they came back with a vengeance. I see them over Kentucky 2-1.

LSU 2-1, I think Bama sneaks one Subday but could see this being a sweep.

Vandy sweeps

A&M 2-1 over Hogs. We are playing dreadful baseball right now. Van Horn's teams are unbelievably consistent every year we are terrible in the mid to late season and we are at it again.

State is red hit right now, I will actually call a sweep here.

I think I see ole Miss coming around a little. Ill go 2-1 Ole Miss, but could see Tennessee getting the win here.

Florida is getting better each week and they'll win this series as well. I say 2-1.
0 permalink
4/17/2013 2:50:05 PM

ASU74
ASU74
SC 2-1
LSU 3-0
Vandy 3-0
Hogs 2-1
Miss 2-1
Ole Miss 2-1
Florida 2-1

--
Go Devils !!
Fork Off
0 permalink
4/17/2013 9:22:06 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
South Carolina 2-1
LSU 3-0
Vanderbilt 3-0
Arkansas 2-1
Mississippi State 2-1
Tennessee 2-1
Florida 2-1
0 permalink
4/18/2013 3:17:31 AM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
Here's my dart throws for the SEC weekend.

Kentucky 2-1
LSU 3-0
Vandy 2-1
Arky 2-1
Auburn 2-1
Ole Miss 2-1
Missou 2-1
edited by Florida Beaver on 4/19/2013
0 permalink
4/18/2013 10:00:50 AM

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
Here my locks for the week:

SC 2-1, Carolina bounces back from last week.

LSU 2-1, Bats have cooled a bit and its a road series so I see us dropping one.

Vandy 3-0, they need to go buy another broom at Home Depot from all the sweeping they been done.

Arky 2-1, too much pitching

Miss State 2-1, Auburn steals one somehow.

Ole Miss 2-1

Florida 3-0, may be a stretch but I think they sweep and get back into the postseason.
0 permalink
4/21/2013 2:44:28 PM

hogfan4life
hogfan4life
USCe sweeps, big sweep for them.

LSU loses Sunday but wins series 2-1. Dangerously close to losing series. They didn't though and that's all that matters.

Vandy loses game 1 but wins the next two easily to go 2-1 vs Georgia.

Hogs are a grand slam away from a sweep. 2-1 over the Ags

State goes 2-1 over the Tigers

Ole Miss gets their 2nd straight sweep.

Florida loses Sunday or would have had their 2nd straight sweep. 2-1 over misery.
0 permalink
4/21/2013 2:46:23 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
The Hogs may move up in the polls, especially with sorry showings by both of the Oregon schools.

hogfan4life wrote:
USCe sweeps, big sweep for them.

LSU loses Sunday but wins series 2-1. Dangerously close to losing series. They didn't though and that's all that matters.

Vandy loses game 1 but wins the next two easily to go 2-1 vs Georgia.

Hogs are a grand slam away from a sweep. 2-1 over the Ags

State goes 2-1 over the Tigers

Ole Miss gets their 2nd straight sweep.

Florida loses Sunday or would have had their 2nd straight sweep. 2-1 over misery.
0 permalink
4/21/2013 4:45:53 PM

hogfan4life
hogfan4life
Nah, not after losing both midweek games to Nebraska. I would say yes if they would have just won one of those.

What happen to the Beavs? I saw those scores and just couldn't believe that?
0 permalink
4/21/2013 7:23:19 PM

LSU_Blake
LSU_Blake
Heck Hogfan we could have just easily swept them. We were up by 3 Friday in the ninth and two errors helped them tie that game up. We could have won today too but they just got the lucky break out of two worn out teams. That 16 inning game made me tired, so I know it took a toll on both teams. Good series win for Arky this weekend. Now you guys just have to get these midweek games under control.

--
0 permalink
4/21/2013 7:34:22 PM

hogfan4life
hogfan4life
Yeah, OU this week. Need it for RPI purposes.
0 permalink
4/22/2013 9:28:10 AM

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
LSU could have easily swept this weekend, but had a lot of uncharacteristic mistakes. The errors sunday really cost them and had two more in saturdays game. They also struck out 29 times on the weekend and 17 of them were looking, I think that was the most shocking stat from this series.

But it is still a road series win so hard to be disappointed.
0 permalink
4/22/2013 1:53:35 PM

LSU_Blake
LSU_Blake
Lsu couldnt adjust to that wide strike zone this weekend, and really neither could bama. I saw that ump call the third strike well below the knees multiple times. We still took care of business though.

--
0 permalink
4/22/2013 3:19:41 PM

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
Yea, the strike zone was very wide and very very low. But, at least the ump was fairly consistent on those calls.

It was disappointing seeing the same ole approach at the plate every time. None of the LSU hitters made an adjustment, just kept on going up there watching strike three, then acting surprised it was a strike.
0 permalink
4/22/2013 6:08:28 PM

hogfan4life
hogfan4life
His name wasn't Perry Costello was it haha? (See CWS game against USC last year)!?
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » SEC Predictions/Scoreboard 4/18-4/21