Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Ducks vs Pilots

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
pages: 1 2 | show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
4/17/2013 8:51:16 PM

SouthernBeaver
SouthernBeaver
BeaverBob wrote:
I really enjoy watching games at UoP- Joe Etzel Field. While it only holds slighlty over 1,000 fans, there is not a bad seat in the house. You can also get a view of the West Portland Hills and the campus.

I got to the game a bit late due to traffick, and when I arrived, the game was sold out. I had to wait until the third inning to get in the ball park as they started selling the on-call tickets that were not used to the general public.

I've attached a picture, that doesn't really do the stadium justice, but thought those of you who have never been to UoP might be interested.

A lady asked people to squish closer together so more OSU fans could have room to get in. The UP website said that previous attendance record was 971 in 1994 vs. WSU. Unless the website is not maintained well, by turning this into a home game, we helped set a new attendance record for them.

Only negative side was they ran out of hot dogs too early. I was looking forward to actually having decently-priced food at a sporting event for once!
0 permalink
4/17/2013 8:55:36 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
I got the sense that the athletic department was overwhelmed today. They could have squeezed in another 300-400 people and made a bunch more money with concessions. There is something about having to leave the ballpark to go to the bathroom and then come back in. It kind of reminds me of going camping and having to use the outhouse. With this said, I just love the UoP campus and culture.

SouthernBeaver wrote:
BeaverBob wrote:
I really enjoy watching games at UoP- Joe Etzel Field. While it only holds slighlty over 1,000 fans, there is not a bad seat in the house. You can also get a view of the West Portland Hills and the campus.

I got to the game a bit late due to traffick, and when I arrived, the game was sold out. I had to wait until the third inning to get in the ball park as they started selling the on-call tickets that were not used to the general public.

I've attached a picture, that doesn't really do the stadium justice, but thought those of you who have never been to UoP might be interested.

A lady asked people to squish closer together so more OSU fans could have room to get in. The UP website said that previous attendance record was 971 in 1994 vs. WSU. Unless the website is not maintained well, by turning this into a home game, we helped set a new attendance record for them.

Only negative side was they ran out of hot dogs too early. I was looking forward to actually having decently-priced food at a sporting event for once!
0 permalink
4/17/2013 10:53:50 PM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
Didn't they use a different venue last year when we played a series against Portland? Something on the order of 2.5k+ attendance on Saturday and Sunday? Wonder why they thought a mid-week game would be different.

Anyways, good to see that Child finally got to play a considerable amount and throw a good game. Unlike our southern clipped wings, the Beavers took Portland seriously. Almost cost the ugly ducklings the game until they realized their second string was not as good as they thought and had to eat some crow and bring in the first string. Kinda like rookie mistakes there. Not totally unexpected, just under-appreciated. Jus sayin.
0 permalink
4/18/2013 12:21:45 AM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
FB, I'm not aware of another facility, however, the Beavs and Pilots will play one more time and the game is scheduled to be in Salem at the Keizer Volcanos Stadium, the Giants' Class A facility. I think the stadium seats 4,000.

Child really seemed to have his A game today. I was surprised YetSki (purposely misspelled) kept him in as long as he did.

On another note, ask your brother if he is up to watching a game on a Saturday, either the Cal or USC series. I think that DM, Ophiman, and I will be attending the Cal came on the first Saturday of May. It would be fun to have your brother join us. I've enjoyed sitting with him in the past, especially when he shares stories about you growing up: Your issues with bedwetting, your first time with your cousin (oops, I wasn't supposed to mention this), your infatuation with Beavers, and the reason you had to leave the state of Oregon and move to Florida

Florida Beaver wrote:
Didn't they use a different venue last year when we played a series against Portland? Something on the order of 2.5k+ attendance on Saturday and Sunday? Wonder why they thought a mid-week game would be different.

Anyways, good to see that Child finally got to play a considerable amount and throw a good game. Unlike our southern clipped wings, the Beavers took Portland seriously. Almost cost the ugly ducklings the game until they realized their second string was not as good as they thought and had to eat some crow and bring in the first string. Kinda like rookie mistakes there. Not totally unexpected, just under-appreciated. Jus sayin.

edited by BeaverBob on 4/18/2013
0 permalink
4/18/2013 1:10:07 AM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
Dam brother! He never could keep his mouth zipped. I did not leave the state of Oregon because of that! It was an entirely different beaver that happened to me. I'll ask him though. Be good for him to get in a little fun time at Goss.

BeaverBob wrote:
FB, I'm not aware of another facility, however, the Beavs and Pilots will play one more time and the game is scheduled to be in Salem at the Keizer Volcanos Stadium, the Giants' Class A facility. I think the stadium seats 4,000.

Child really seemed to have his A game today. I was surprised YetSki (purposely misspelled) kept him in as long as he did.

On another note, ask your brother if he is up to watching a game on a Saturday, either the Cal or USC series. I think that DM, Ophiman, and I will be attending the Cal came on the first Saturday of May. It would be fun to have your brother join us. I've enjoyed sitting with him in the past, especially when he shares stories about you growing up: Your issues with bedwetting, your first time with your cousin (oops, I wasn't supposed to mention this), your infatuation with Beavers, and the reason you had to leave the state of Oregon and move to Florida

Florida Beaver wrote:

edited by BeaverBob on 4/18/2013
0 permalink
4/18/2013 8:58:15 AM

SouthernBeaver
SouthernBeaver
He left Childs in a long time, though he also told Jackson to start warming up sometime in the early 7th.
0 permalink
4/18/2013 10:10:54 AM

Riverduck
Riverduck
SouthernBeaver wrote:
I just sat here for several minutes trying to craft a response displaying through prose the sadness that I feel, that the 2% of duck fans who are decent human beings are overshadowed by the rest... but no matter how I say it, my disgust from the above tasteless sense of humor bled in to whatever I typed.

RD, while you're at it, why don't you make fun of people with down syndrome, blow up a kitten, and make a few redneck racist jokes for good measure?

Sorry for the disappointing post.. sounds like they are doing better. Directing insults at anyone tends to bring hard feelings. I apologize for making a sore subject a center piece.. Just caught me in a negative moment regarding our football coach that skipped town, and felt directing my anger to an all beaver crowd would somehow make it better. Sorry. As for the the latter comments- Having worked in the field of Special Education, and also having a daughter who absolutely loves cats.. It shows how easy it is to throw emotions around.
0 permalink
4/18/2013 10:33:47 AM

SouthernBeaver
SouthernBeaver
You're right, easy to throw emotions around. I'm grateful I did not post everything that I typed. It is too easy to take a cheap shot to make a frustrated point.
+1 permalink
pages: 1 2 | show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Ducks vs Pilots