Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » POSTSEASON PROJECTIONS: Field of 64 (April 11)

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
4/11/2013 12:25:31 PM

Kendall
Kendall
Administrator
Posts: 7540
Here you go, gang:


Latest NCAA Field of 64 projections are out!

http://www.perfectgame.org/Articles/View.aspx?article=8279

--
Kendall Rogers, College Baseball Managing Editor
Follow me on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/#!/KendallRogersPG
Email me: mailto:kendall@perfectgame.org
0 permalink
4/11/2013 7:04:43 PM

hogfan4life
hogfan4life
Posts: 305
Kendall it absolutely blows my mind that you have the hogs ahead of USCe in you rankings, we swept them at their place and not lost a series since and sit at #2 in the west, but USCe gets a host and the Hogs don't? That makes the least amount of sense of anything I think I've ever seen! If your 8th ranked team doesn't even get a host then they obviously aren't the 8th best team. Kentucky as a host after what they did last weekend? Truly baffling...
0 permalink
4/11/2013 7:36:01 PM

Kendall
Kendall
Administrator
Posts: 7540
hogfan4life wrote:
Kendall it absolutely blows my mind that you have the hogs ahead of USCe in you rankings, we swept them at their place and not lost a series since and sit at #2 in the west, but USCe gets a host and the Hogs don't? That makes the least amount of sense of anything I think I've ever seen! If your 8th ranked team doesn't even get a host then they obviously aren't the 8th best team. Kentucky as a host after what they did last weekend? Truly baffling...



You can thank your team for losing to Pacific and having that bad Arizona weekend. Go look at the RPI ... the RPI doesn't lie, and right now, no chance Arkansas would be a host. Key word: RIGHT NOW.

--
Kendall Rogers, College Baseball Managing Editor
Follow me on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/#!/KendallRogersPG
Email me: mailto:kendall@perfectgame.org
0 permalink
4/11/2013 7:50:07 PM

hogfan4life
hogfan4life
Posts: 305
Yeah, but rpi is rpi, but these are teams that went head to head. I understand using an rpi ranking for teams that haven't played. I don't know, I just think that head to head meetings would mean more.

I guess I just don't get how a team can be a consensus top 10 team and no host. I understand the RPi is low right now, but if we use RPI for determining these things then why are the Hogs not ranked 50th? It just doesn't add up to me.
0 permalink
4/11/2013 7:52:37 PM

hogfan4life
hogfan4life
Posts: 305
And I understand this is all just as of right now. After this weekend it might not be even worth a discussion.
0 permalink
4/12/2013 12:28:33 AM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
Posts: 1217
hogfan4life wrote:
Yeah, but rpi is rpi, but these are teams that went head to head. I understand using an rpi ranking for teams that haven't played. I don't know, I just think that head to head meetings would mean more.

I guess I just don't get how a team can be a consensus top 10 team and no host. I understand the RPi is low right now, but if we use RPI for determining these things then why are the Hogs not ranked 50th? It just doesn't add up to me.


It's okay hog....I used to get the same feeling of inadequacy from some of Kendall's blogs. Heck even earlier this year when he kept putting UCLA ahead of Oregon State in the PG polls and I did bitch a couple times. But then we played UCLA, took the series, and now it's a moot point. It WILL all come out in the wash. But hey, if ya need to vent, ya need to vent.
0 permalink
4/12/2013 6:41:10 AM

ASU74
ASU74
Posts: 1042
K
The Tempe Regional sure looks stacked. Ya don't think Rice would get to host if they win the conference? Do you really think the state of Texas gets zip for a regional?

--
Go Devils !!
Fork Off
0 permalink
4/12/2013 11:20:24 AM

hogfan4life
hogfan4life
Posts: 305
Florida Beaver wrote:
hogfan4life wrote:
Yeah, but rpi is rpi, but these are teams that went head to head. I understand using an rpi ranking for teams that haven't played. I don't know, I just think that head to head meetings would mean more.

I guess I just don't get how a team can be a consensus top 10 team and no host. I understand the RPi is low right now, but if we use RPI for determining these things then why are the Hogs not ranked 50th? It just doesn't add up to me.



It's okay hog....I used to get the same feeling of inadequacy from some of Kendall's blogs. Heck even earlier this year when he kept putting UCLA ahead of Oregon State in the PG polls and I did bitch a couple times. But then we played UCLA, took the series, and now it's a moot point. It WILL all come out in the wash. But hey, if ya need to vent, ya need to vent.


Yeah my beef isn't with Kendall, he's just doing his job. I just don't get why the rpi should trump a head to head series sweep on the road. I'm sure we will end up being shipped across country like normal...
0 permalink
4/12/2013 11:49:32 AM

ASU74
ASU74
Posts: 1042
hogfan4life wrote:
Florida Beaver wrote:
hogfan4life wrote:
Yeah, but rpi is rpi, but these are teams that went head to head. I understand using an rpi ranking for teams that haven't played. I don't know, I just think that head to head meetings would mean more.

I guess I just don't get how a team can be a consensus top 10 team and no host. I understand the RPi is low right now, but if we use RPI for determining these things then why are the Hogs not ranked 50th? It just doesn't add up to me.



It's okay hog....I used to get the same feeling of inadequacy from some of Kendall's blogs. Heck even earlier this year when he kept putting UCLA ahead of Oregon State in the PG polls and I did bitch a couple times. But then we played UCLA, took the series, and now it's a moot point. It WILL all come out in the wash. But hey, if ya need to vent, ya need to vent.


Yeah my beef isn't with Kendall, he's just doing his job. I just don't get why the rpi should trump a head to head series sweep on the road. I'm sure we will end up being shipped across country like normal...


Hogfan:
Not being sarcastic here, but the Hogs do control their own destinay at this point in time. The answer is WIN! My friend there in Fayetteville always blames the Devils .. or me..when the Hogs get sent to Tempe, or Houston for a Regional or RS, the answer I gave you is the same I always give her....again...WIN!

--
Go Devils !!
Fork Off
0 permalink
4/12/2013 8:20:45 PM

LSU_Blake
LSU_Blake
Posts: 522
If we are going by RPI RIGHT NOW, how in the heck is North Carolina still ranked ahead of Vandy and LSU. Its ok though, UNC and that #1 ranking will get a rude awakening come tourny time.

--
91' 93' 96' 97' 00' 09' NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
0 permalink
4/12/2013 8:22:33 PM

LSU_Blake
LSU_Blake
Posts: 522
I see we have South Alabama in our bracket. I live in Mobile and have been to several of their games and those guys are legit. Dont wanna play them.

--
91' 93' 96' 97' 00' 09' NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » POSTSEASON PROJECTIONS: Field of 64 (April 11)





Powered by AspNetForum 6.9.9.0 © 2006-2010 Jitbit Software