2011 Northern California Showcase
NORTHERN CALIFORNIA SHOWCASE TOP PROSPECT LIST
1. SS Andre Gregory (2013/Jesuit HS, Sacramento, CA): The 6-2/170 Gregory has outstanding defensive actions in the middle infield and a pro level arm right now. His bat still has a ways to go but he keeps his swing short and crisp and showed some power potential in games.
2. OF Ryan Kirby (2013/Granada HS, Livermore, CA): Kirby is a pure hitter from the left side with a smooth, effortless swing and very good bat speed, especially when pulling the ball. He’s just going to get stronger and better as he fills out his 6-2/175 frame.
3. C Dempsy Grover (2013/Beyer HS, Modesto, CA): Grover has a broad backed 6-0/185 build that contains lots of present strength. He has a well schooled swing and the ball jumps off his bat hard with potential plus power. Grover also popped down to 1.88 in drills.
4. RHP Robert Schauer (2012/Downey HS, Modesto, CA): Schauer has a very slender build but is athletic and projectable. He threw 84-86 with his fastball and his low 70’s curveball had serious bite at times. He’s going to add velocity.
5. 1B/OF/RHP Chris Iriart (2012/Chino Hills HS, Chino Hills, CA): Iriart was one of the strongest players at the event with a cut 6-2/205 build and does everything well on the field. He has strength in his right handed swing, threw 90 mph from the outfield and topped out at 85 mph with a hard spinning curveball on the mound.
6. 1B Eriksen Dickens (2013/Oakdale HS, Oakdale, CA): The 6-3/205 Dickens has one tool and it’s a very good tool that plays at the next level. He’s a very aggressive right handed hitter with strength and bat speed and squares up the ball very consistently.
7. IF/RHPAndy Morris (2012/Oakdale HS, Oakdale, CA): Dickens’ Oakdale HS teammate is another versatile athlete who played the left side of the infield with athleticism, swung the bat well and showed a loose arm on the mound up to 85 mph.
8. OF Justin Bruce (2013/Willow Glen HS, San Jose,CA): Bruce was the fastest player at the showcase at 7.02 on a mysteriously slow turf track. He has a physical 6-1/185 frame with good strength and has bat speed, along with the ability to throw 83 mph off the mound.
9. C Zachary Raczok (2012/Claremont HS, Claremont,CA): Raczok is a high energy catcher who took over the games on defense, called a good game and showed solid, repeatable fundamentals throwing the ball. He has the strength to hit with some simple adjustments.
10. IF/RHP Michael Strem (2013/St. Francis HS,Burlingame, CA): Strem is a primary middle infielder but looked better at this event on the mound, topping out at 85 mph with good feel for his secondary pitches. He shows strength with the bat but has to become more consistent with his swing mechanics and approach.