Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Collegiate Baseball Top 40 Preseason Poll

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
pages: 1 2 3 | show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
1/11/2013 6:47:14 AM

HSF
HSF
Posts: 25
BeaverBob wrote:
HSF, what's your story? It looks like you are fairly new to this forum. What team do you suppport?


I’ve been around, I posted on the old yahoo board for years too.

I don’t have a specific team that I root for, I follow High School and College Baseball here in Texas very closely.

I follow players and thus I find myself pulling for all Texas teams at some point.

But if I had to be pegged down to one team it would be Texas, that is who I loved as a kid going back to the Brooks Kieschnick/Calvin Murray days. But I love College Baseball as a whole, easily the best sport in the world.

Again, I root for all teams in Texas, except for Rice, of course, LOL

I kid, Leon Byrd was one of my favorite Texas HS players last year, so I will be watching Rice this year to see how he progresses and rooting for him to succeed, great kid, great ballplayer.
0 permalink
1/11/2013 11:08:49 AM

ASU74
ASU74
Posts: 1037
BeaverBob wrote:
ASU74, I'll hold you to your offer. I'm actually getting down to the Phoenix area on a regular basis with my new job. I love the weather this time of year.


BB
Done deal....ya got a year to try to convince other Beavers to make the trip with ya. If I can find a house down there by then (been looking for 2 yrs now) ya got a place to stay.
Fred

--
Go Devils !!
Fork Off
0 permalink
1/12/2013 9:12:48 PM

DirtbagBlues
DirtbagBlues
Posts: 14
BeaverBob wrote:
I'm loving the discussion here. I wish we had more on this forum. While I am neither a Texas or Rice fan, I can understand the passion and arguments from both sides.


Seriously, I wish Dave was more of a jerk so we could have some good Dirtbag-Titan debates on here.

Anyway, as far as the rankings go, looks like a solid list although I have some questions about San Diego. They return a great lineup but when was the last time they were as high as #12 in the nation? They were unranked at the end of last season.

--
dirtbagblues.blogspot.com
0 permalink
1/13/2013 12:41:32 AM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
Posts: 1216
Ha ha ha. That was good for a laugh. We are enjoying some awesome Jauary weather right now. Yesterday and today the high temps will be in the low 80s and sunny. There are times when I really love the south. And yes, all is well down here in Disney World. What do you think of the new RPI home/away scoring. Should give us some solid points for winning the first month of away games.
BeaverBob wrote:
FB, I hope all is well. I just spent a few days in Mobile, Alabama. It kind of reminded me of Albany, Oregon, but with even more rednecks and less sophistication. I felt right at home

Florida Beaver wrote:
BB. Nice to see you here. I like where we are. I hope we pan out like we should. With Yeskie going to a different position with the team, who will be the pitching coach? Some one with a bit of good sense I hope.
0 permalink
1/13/2013 5:24:39 PM

FullertonBaseballFan
FullertonBaseballFan
Posts: 146
DirtbagBlues wrote:
BeaverBob wrote:
I'm loving the discussion here. I wish we had more on this forum. While I am neither a Texas or Rice fan, I can understand the passion and arguments from both sides.


Seriously, I wish Dave was more of a jerk so we could have some good Dirtbag-Titan debates on here.

Anyway, as far as the rankings go, looks like a solid list although I have some questions about San Diego. They return a great lineup but when was the last time they were as high as #12 in the nation? They were unranked at the end of last season.



DB, you must not be talking to 2bulldogs about me, LOL. It's been five weeks and counting since I posted on the old Rivals board thanks to him.

I didn't have much respect for Weathers in his last few years and it didn't look like the players had much respect for him the way the program cratered under his watch as he got to his 20 years in the CalSTRS system to get fully vested during his working retirement. Buckley is fighting an uphill battle but I think he's slowly getting things turned around. Long Beach had a ton of bad breaks go against in non-conf last year with ten losses by one run and three more by two runs. If they turned a few of those games around their RPI would have been good enough to get into a regional with their solid conf record.

I agree with you on USD. The jury is always out on them until they get it done in the post-season. Hill does a great job of recruiting there but when push comes to shove in a regional, it's time to use a Ferris Bueller quote about his best friend - "Pardon my French, but Cameron is so tight that if you stuck a lump of coal up his a**, in two weeks you'd have a diamond."
0 permalink
1/14/2013 6:34:45 AM

HSF
HSF
Posts: 25
I like San Diego’s team a lot

Obviously Kris Bryant is a stud, but I also think that Covey will step and have huge year (live up to the 1st round status)
0 permalink
1/14/2013 3:19:30 PM

weg313
weg313
Posts: 134
HSF wrote:
BeaverBob wrote:
HSF, what's your story? It looks like you are fairly new to this forum. What team do you suppport?


I’ve been around, I posted on the old yahoo board for years too.

I don’t have a specific team that I root for, I follow High School and College Baseball here in Texas very closely.

I follow players and thus I find myself pulling for all Texas teams at some point.

But if I had to be pegged down to one team it would be Texas, that is who I loved as a kid going back to the Brooks Kieschnick/Calvin Murray days. But I love College Baseball as a whole, easily the best sport in the world.

Again, I root for all teams in Texas, except for Rice, of course, LOL

I kid, Leon Byrd was one of my favorite Texas HS players last year, so I will be watching Rice this year to see how he progresses and rooting for him to succeed, great kid, great ballplayer.


+1. Leon Byrd is a terrific kid, and he's the first true leadoff hitter and basestealer Rice has had since it's championship season in 2003. A high school SS, he'll be the starting CFer for the Owls. Exciting to watch (and I saw him during a week of Fall intrasquads) on the bases, and has surprising gap power for a guy his size. Going to be a real spark plug.

--
In Wayne Graham we trust.
0 permalink
1/16/2013 9:33:10 AM

GTbaseball
GTbaseball
Posts: 103
So, back to the rankings...
0 permalink
1/16/2013 10:25:56 AM

HSF
HSF
Posts: 25
GTbaseball wrote:
So, back to the rankings...


we have been talking about teams that are in the rankings the whole time.
0 permalink
1/20/2013 4:01:22 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Posts: 2423
Really? OSU fourth in the Pac-12 behind UCLA, Stanford, and Oregon this year? No way. Despite the absence of Jace Fry, the Beavers have so much talent returning, especially seniors, that they will be tops in the conference. You heard it here first. Beware the Beavers!
0 permalink
1/20/2013 4:25:33 PM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
Posts: 1216
Dodger Matt wrote:
Really? OSU fourth in the Pac-12 behind UCLA, Stanford, and Oregon this year? No way. Despite the absence of Jace Fry, the Beavers have so much talent returning, especially seniors, that they will be tops in the conference. You heard it here first. Beware the Beavers!



Fear every type Beaver out there. Southern, Florida, Bob, Boop or Seattle. Northern, Eastern, Western and the little known Artic beaver (this are usually older beavers with bad arms). Fully furred, bald or stylized. Cooked, raw, stoked, stoned (in the case of a Washington or Colorado beaver) or drunk. Uptight, sloppy, dry or wet. And when to comes to playing with balls and trying to put them balls in the pocket or handling them bats with the efficiency of a pro, well I tell ya, there isn't anyone better at doing that than beavers.

Yeah DM (nice to see you here btw). The P12 better beware them Beavers.

We are talking the baseball team in Corvallis, right?
+1 permalink
1/20/2013 9:37:34 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Posts: 1458
Great to see you DM. Now, the College Baseball Season and banter can begin. I can't wait for your leadership of our weekly Pac 12 predictions and results (please tell me you are going to manage the predictions again). Then, some additional commentary from ASU 74, some real, in-depth anal ysis from FB, words of wisdom from Ophiman, and some mental masturbation from RiverDuck, I can come out of my Winter Depression.

The season is just around the corner.

Dodger Matt wrote:
Really? OSU fourth in the Pac-12 behind UCLA, Stanford, and Oregon this year? No way. Despite the absence of Jace Fry, the Beavers have so much talent returning, especially seniors, that they will be tops in the conference. You heard it here first. Beware the Beavers!

edited by BeaverBob on 1/20/2013
+3 permalink
1/20/2013 9:41:25 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Posts: 1458
FB, it's great to have such a talented poet like yourself in the forum. Here is to a good year!

Florida Beaver wrote:
Dodger Matt wrote:
Really? OSU fourth in the Pac-12 behind UCLA, Stanford, and Oregon this year? No way. Despite the absence of Jace Fry, the Beavers have so much talent returning, especially seniors, that they will be tops in the conference. You heard it here first. Beware the Beavers!



Fear every type Beaver out there. Southern, Florida, Bob, Boop or Seattle. Northern, Eastern, Western and the little known Artic beaver (this are usually older beavers with bad arms). Fully furred, bald or stylized. Cooked, raw, stoked, stoned (in the case of a Washington or Colorado beaver) or drunk. Uptight, sloppy, dry or wet. And when to comes to playing with balls and trying to put them balls in the pocket or handling them bats with the efficiency of a pro, well I tell ya, there isn't anyone better at doing that than beavers.

Yeah DM (nice to see you here btw). The P12 better beware them Beavers.

We are talking the baseball team in Corvallis, right?
0 permalink
1/21/2013 12:05:47 AM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
Posts: 1216
Let's all give a great big loud beaver yell!!!
1,

2,


3,


Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmpphhhhhhhhhhh!!!!
0 permalink
1/21/2013 6:30:02 PM

VandyDore
VandyDore
Posts: 3
I'm new here and a Vandy fan. I see DirtbagBlues, who I assume is a LB State fan, and several Beavers, who I assume are Oregon fans.

Vandy has early series with both teams and I'd appreciate a break-down on your 2012 squads.
0 permalink
1/21/2013 6:36:40 PM

HSF
HSF
Posts: 25
Um....Beavers are Oregon State, Ducks are Oregon

Don't start a civil war now...hehe

I'm glad a Vandy fan is here though. I'm like their team a lot this year.
+1 permalink
1/22/2013 3:56:13 PM

ASU74
ASU74
Posts: 1037
DM
Glad to see you are out of your hibernation (early this year)....

FB
You crack me up!

--
Go Devils !!
Fork Off
0 permalink
1/25/2013 9:37:19 AM

ASU74
ASU74
Posts: 1037
Weg313
Austin Kubitza vs. Appel should be another instant classic with two likely first rounders facing each other in the season opener. Suggest getting your tickets early as Rice-Stanford averaged just under 4,000 attendance for the season-opening series at Reckling 2 years ago. If your down in Houston, I'd also suggest the Minute Maid Classic the 3rd weekend of the season with Rice, UNC, A&M, Baylor and Cal all participating (along with Houston).

FYI
Single game tickets will go on sale 2/1/13

--
Go Devils !!
Fork Off
0 permalink
1/28/2013 5:20:03 PM

GamecockBaseball
GamecockBaseball
Posts: 6
Looking forward to the season fellas. Gonna be a good one!
0 permalink
2/8/2013 9:35:56 PM

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
Posts: 1111
BeaverBob wrote:
Great to see you DM. Now, the College Baseball Season and banter can begin. I can't wait for your leadership of our weekly Pac 12 predictions and results (please tell me you are going to manage the predictions again). Then, some additional commentary from ASU 74, some real, in-depth anal ysis from FB, words of wisdom from Ophiman, and some mental masturbation from RiverDuck, I can come out of my Winter Depression.

The season is just around the corner.


Well I'll come out of hibernating early (though I guess that's more of a Cal thing then a OS thing...silly Bears), plus when BB strokes my ego how can I resist? HAHA

Played a good ole NES game of Duck Hunt yesterday....let's go!
0 permalink
pages: 1 2 3 | show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Collegiate Baseball Top 40 Preseason Poll





Powered by AspNetForum 6.9.9.0 © 2006-2010 Jitbit Software