Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » CIVIL WAR 2014

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
pages: 1.. 4 5 6 | show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
4/28/2014 2:24:15 PM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
Riverduck wrote:
Florida Beaver wrote:
Hey......I predicted a sweep too. Man, I'm feeling slighted now. Must be the long distance thing for my florida beaver.

BeaverBob wrote:
Hey RD, I don't know that I have ever seen the Ducks so out of synch. I was really expecting a 2-1 Beaver series win, but wouldn't have been surprised to see a 2-1 Duck's series win. DM might be spot on with his sweep prediction. If the Beavers go on to sweep, do you think this will derail the Ducks and send them on a even bigger losing streak?

Well, I would think we would pick it up and finish strong. I think we will win 40 this year. Not too many top 10 teams left on the schedule. I think the beavers have more tradition when it comes to the civil war. I would go out on a limb and say there are a lot of players that have wanted to play for the beavs along time, and comes with that a culture of beating the ducks. You guys have been most successful in baseball in doing that, so the pressure is huge for the beavs baseball team to get that job done. The ducks have proven that they can win, and win a bunch of games, but tend to falter when the goods are on the line. The washington series tweaks me more than the beavs.

As much as I liked the weekend series (Friday AND Saturday both worried me more than a little) I think Oregon is better than they showed. With that said, the Washington and USC series are worrisome. Of course. thinking we'll walk into Cal next weekend and waltz out no problem is a bad attitude to carry and I hope our players are not still floating with their head in the clouds from this last weekend series. UCLA, who has slid off its forward trajectory is at home at least. Man, this is getting intense. Those last 2 series (USC and WSU) are going to be the deal breakers for the conference title.
0 permalink
4/28/2014 3:23:33 PM

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
Ducks issue RD is hitting (and maybe a little composure...Cleavinger's F-bomb and ball spike toward the Beaver dugout specifically), the Ducks have had issues hitting good pitching the past couple years, they get past that hurdle and I don't see a limit for that team.
0 permalink
5/5/2014 12:28:24 AM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Ducks own the longest current home winning streak in the nation at 16 games.

Does that streak end Tuesday? Or do they stretch it to 17?
0 permalink
5/5/2014 1:45:35 AM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
Any idea who will be pitching for the Beavs on Tuesday?
0 permalink
5/5/2014 2:04:13 AM

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
I'd imagine Reser/schultz would see a heavy workload. A loss wouldn't be an RPI killer so this might be a good bullpen tuneup game before a couple of tough conference series.
0 permalink
5/5/2014 7:23:58 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
That's not a bad guess, but I would go with Thompson, who was our fourth starter earlier (when Benny was benched). We may very well need a fourth starter in the postseason, and we need to keep the late-inning crew fine-tuned for that role.
0 permalink
5/5/2014 8:02:23 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Not to mention, the kid is from Florence, just out to the coast from Ducktown. I'm sure he grew up with Civil War fever, so starting against the Ducks would be extra motivation for him. I know a lot of coaches like to play "local" kids when possible whenever the opponent is from or near someone's hometown. Which reminds me... Not sure why they didn't give the ball to Kevin Flemer during that PedoBear series. Oh well.

I'd love to see the freshman from Florence get a W over the Ducks. Eight appearances, 5 starts, 3-0 record, 3.33 ERA, .171 OBA. Them's good numbers.
0 permalink
5/5/2014 9:18:45 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
I think we will probably throw the Kitchen sink. Porter, Jordan, Cleve and Reed should get some work I imagine. The ducks bats are as hot as I have seen em all year, so this will be a good game. I bet they are very careful around Chase. That guy was tagging the ball all over the place. He is the key to our success from hear on out. Oh, and with the freshman starting to get comfortable. I really am not sure if the Huskies will the Pac.. I just don't see it.
0 permalink
5/6/2014 8:24:33 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Wow, got out of that one. Settled down after those first few hits. That was pretty huge.
0 permalink
5/6/2014 8:24:58 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
lets see if DD can throw strikes.
0 permalink
5/7/2014 12:36:22 AM

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
Ducks needed that one. Tough game...Schultz was clutch.
0 permalink
5/7/2014 12:48:23 AM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Only saw the last three innings. Announcers were saying it was sloppy and uncharacteristic, and that OSU was lucky to emerge witth the W. True?

Schultz looked tough.
0 permalink
5/7/2014 1:01:02 AM

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
That was my perception...mostly followed through crappy neulion, watched a couple innings and listened to the last 3. Beavs do move up to 6 in the RPI according to WarrenNolan, banana of course, haha.
0 permalink
5/7/2014 1:05:23 AM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
Yeah. Very sloppy. Oregon State sent 1 runner home when he should have held up for a throw out at home. Then on a pop fly the runner at 3rd (First baseman Clark) can't make up his mind between running home or back to third. By the time the missed out on the pop fly happened and by the time he reached home, it was another out at the plate. Hell, we had a runner on third with no outs and couldn't get them home. An error by first on a throw from Peterson should have been an out. Firstly, Peterson held the ball waaaaaaaaaay too long, then threw kinda high. The ball bounced off the first baseman Clark's webbing on the glove for an error. Should have been an easy out and instead that runner scored the tying run which sent the game to 12 innings. Score should have been 4-2 in 9 innings.
0 permalink
5/7/2014 1:06:31 AM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
OpihiMan wrote:
That was my perception...mostly followed through crappy neulion, watched a couple innings and listened to the last 3. Beavs do move up to 6 in the RPI according to WarrenNolan, banana of course, haha.

Opihi, you don't get the Pac-12 channel?

check your pm
edited by Florida Beaver on 5/7/2014
0 permalink
5/7/2014 1:10:01 AM

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
I'm traveling for work, as I seem to always do...hotel internet is a crap shoot. Tonight it kept freezing so I elected to just listen to Parker instead of limping through the end of it. I do have Pac-12 though.
0 permalink
5/7/2014 9:01:02 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
I watched the game for freaking 4 hours. The beavs really played poorly. One of the runs that the ducks scored on was a routine ball to the 2nd baseman, he threw it high and the 1st baseman caught it, and it just deflected off his palm. The two runs that the beavs scored was a blooper, that should have been caught. It was like the beavs were just trying to give it away, and the ducks just sucked. Another thing was they pulled chase the last few innings.. I swear he was hitting so hot he probably would have driven in a run.. Just don't get it. Was like Horton could care less if they won. sheesh. 12 innings of crap ball. And the Ducks were playing their normal self, did not play poorly.. Plus the bunt in the bottom of the 12 was called out, sure looked like he was safe. Would have been 1st and 2nd with no outs.. Payne got to third, but garlick hit a week ball to short to end it.
0 permalink
5/7/2014 9:02:09 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Florida Beaver wrote:
Yeah. Very sloppy. Oregon State sent 1 runner home when he should have held up for a throw out at home. Then on a pop fly the runner at 3rd (First baseman Clark) can't make up his mind between running home or back to third. By the time the missed out on the pop fly happened and by the time he reached home, it was another out at the plate. Hell, we had a runner on third with no outs and couldn't get them home. An error by first on a throw from Peterson should have been an out. Firstly, Peterson held the ball waaaaaaaaaay too long, then threw kinda high. The ball bounced off the first baseman Clark's webbing on the glove for an error. Should have been an easy out and instead that runner scored the tying run which sent the game to 12 innings. Score should have been 3-2 in 9 innings.

Should have been 2-2 in the ninth. Those 2 runs off that blooper was bunk..
edited by Riverduck on 5/7/2014
0 permalink
5/7/2014 9:51:14 PM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
Riverduck wrote:
Florida Beaver wrote:
Yeah. Very sloppy. Oregon State sent 1 runner home when he should have held up for a throw out at home. Then on a pop fly the runner at 3rd (First baseman Clark) can't make up his mind between running home or back to third. By the time the missed out on the pop fly happened and by the time he reached home, it was another out at the plate. Hell, we had a runner on third with no outs and couldn't get them home. An error by first on a throw from Peterson should have been an out. Firstly, Peterson held the ball waaaaaaaaaay too long, then threw kinda high. The ball bounced off the first baseman Clark's webbing on the glove for an error. Should have been an easy out and instead that runner scored the tying run which sent the game to 12 innings. Score should have been 3-2 in 9 innings.

Should have been 2-2 in the ninth. Those 2 runs off that blooper was bunk..
edited by Riverduck on 5/7/2014

You talking about that blooper to right field that just ended up fair? Didn't a duck over run that ball. If that's not the one your talking about, which was it?
0 permalink
5/8/2014 9:43:41 AM

Riverduck
Riverduck
No it was a flare down left field. Third base miss judged it, and it was shortstop ball. Reminded me of the play that sunk us in the super regionals versus Kent State
0 permalink
pages: 1.. 4 5 6 | show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » CIVIL WAR 2014