Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » CIVIL WAR 2014

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
pages: 1.. 3 4 5 6 | show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
4/27/2014 4:46:42 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Poor Billy King muffs a catch as his first start at first base. Looks like Casey just took him out. Not sure it is the result of the missed catch or a better matchup.
0 permalink
4/27/2014 4:48:15 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Not sure why, but the delay with ESPN U compared to the radio broadcast is much less than with the Pac12 broadcast.
0 permalink
4/27/2014 4:54:18 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
I thought the announcers had good point regarding the number of players on OSU's roster from the Nortwhest - 20 or so compared to those on Oregon's Roster which are primarily from California regarding the ability to play in cold and rainy weather. At times during the last several days, it just looks like the Ducks don't want to be on the field.

BeaverBob wrote:
DM, I can't agree more. I've seen the color guy's name in one of the baseball boards as a contributor- not sure which one.

Dodger Matt wrote:
BTW, the ESPN color guy is FAR FAR better than the Pac-12 guys they have used for the Beaver games I've seen online so far this year. He sounds like he's from the South, but he knows the Beaver players, mentioned Keyes's hitting abilities and the fact that he played at OSU as a high school senior, and has not once mentioned anything about the players' hair or his time at Miami and how this would have been a 10-9 game in after two innings, blah-blah-blah about nothing related to the Ducks or Beavers or college baseball in the last ten years.
0 permalink
4/27/2014 5:19:28 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Hey RD, I don't know that I have ever seen the Ducks so out of synch. I was really expecting a 2-1 Beaver series win, but wouldn't have been surprised to see a 2-1 Duck's series win. DM and FB might be spot on with their sweep prediction. If the Beavers go on to sweep, do you think this will derail the Ducks and send them on a even bigger losing streak?
edited by BeaverBob on 4/27/2014
0 permalink
4/27/2014 5:25:25 PM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
Hey......I predicted a sweep too. Man, I'm feeling slighted now. Must be the long distance thing for my florida beaver.

BeaverBob wrote:
Hey RD, I don't know that I have ever seen the Ducks so out of synch. I was really expecting a 2-1 Beaver series win, but wouldn't have been surprised to see a 2-1 Duck's series win. DM might be spot on with his sweep prediction. If the Beavers go on to sweep, do you think this will derail the Ducks and send them on a even bigger losing streak?
0 permalink
4/27/2014 5:28:53 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Mike Parker just said that Benny Beaver had a broom out and was sweeping on top of the Oregon Dugout between innings. I would have loved to have seen this.
+2 permalink
4/27/2014 5:30:39 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
With his last strikeout, Jace has a career high in strikeouts with 11.
0 permalink
4/27/2014 5:40:04 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Clay Berno? or something like that. Played for the Georgia Bulldogs in the 90s.
0 permalink
4/27/2014 5:44:09 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
?? Sounds similar. When I heard his name at the beginning of the game, I thought I had seen it on Aaron Fitt's board. BTWs, I saw Aaron Fitt last night at the game. He had just got done interviewing Pat Baily. I got a chance to say hello and ask him what he thought so far. He started to share his thoughts about the Beavers and then his phone rang and he had to run up to the press box.

Dodger Matt wrote:
0 permalink
4/27/2014 5:51:47 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
My sincerest apologies FB. I've gone back and revised my original post as I have the utmost respect for the Beavers that make their home in Florida. While the Oregon Beaver can be cold and damp, the Florida Beaver is warm and shiny.

Florida Beaver wrote:
Hey......I predicted a sweep too. Man, I'm feeling slighted now. Must be the long distance thing for my florida beaver.

BeaverBob wrote:
Hey RD, I don't know that I have ever seen the Ducks so out of synch. I was really expecting a 2-1 Beaver series win, but wouldn't have been surprised to see a 2-1 Duck's series win. DM might be spot on with his sweep prediction. If the Beavers go on to sweep, do you think this will derail the Ducks and send them on a even bigger losing streak?
0 permalink
4/27/2014 6:04:49 PM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
Warm, shiny and sweeping feathers. Seems like some type of a green and yellow bird, maybe a mallard, dive bombed into the ground . There are feathers everywhere. I just CANNOT have mallard feather anywhere around my Florida Beaver. It completely ruins the ambiance.

BeaverBob wrote:
My sincerest apologies FB. I've gone back and revised my original post as I have the utmost respect for the Beavers that make their home in Florida. While the Oregon Beaver can be cold and damp, the Florida Beaver is warm and shiny.

Florida Beaver wrote:

BeaverBob wrote:
0 permalink
4/27/2014 6:06:40 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Dave Perno, former Georgia Bulldogs baseball coach.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/college/georgia-dismisses-david-perno/

Dodger Matt wrote:
0 permalink
4/27/2014 6:09:50 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Dave Perno, former head coach of Georgia.

That's why he's familiar with Coach Casey and the Beavers. He faced OSU I think six times and lost five of those games.

Like him as an announcer.
0 permalink
4/27/2014 6:10:18 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Ha, we're on the same wavelengths again.
0 permalink
4/27/2014 6:13:53 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Yep, I remember watching a game at PGE Park in Portland when the Bulldogs came to town. I think at the time, the attendance broke the Pac 12 record with something in the 15,000 range.

Dodger Matt wrote:
Dave Perno, former head coach of Georgia.

That's why he's familiar with Coach Casey and the Beavers. He faced OSU I think six times and lost five of those games.

Like him as an announcer.
0 permalink
4/27/2014 6:14:50 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Amazing.

Dodger Matt wrote:
Ha, we're on the same wavelengths again.
0 permalink
4/27/2014 6:23:19 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
BeaverBob wrote:
Yep, I remember watching a game at PGE Park in Portland when the Bulldogs came to town. I think at the time, the attendance broke the Pac 12 record with something in the 15,000 range.

I was there with my kids for one of those three games. I remember remarking about the number of fans wearing Georgia gear.
0 permalink
4/27/2014 6:33:35 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Beavers swept the Bulldogs in Athens in 2007 and took two of three the next year at PGE Park. Beavers also beat Georgia in Omaha in 2006 and once more in 2011 at a neutral site. (That one I don't remember.) Those are all of the games OSU has played Georgia (7-1 all time), and all against Dave Perno. Yeah, he knows Oregon State. :p

Maybe we should get Mike Fox to do color for the next Civil War series. Big Grin
0 permalink
4/27/2014 6:41:08 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Great choice. I have always liked Mike Fox. As I recall, I think they made three straight trips to the CWS finals, maybe four. He seems like a class act. I attended the 2006 CWS finals at Rosenblatt Stadium. While the city and fans were definitely rooting for the Beavers, there was lots of praise for Fox and his team.

Dodger Matt wrote:
Beavers swept the Bulldogs in Athens in 2007 and took two of three the next year at PGE Park. Beavers also beat Georgia in Omaha in 2006 and once more in 2011 at a neutral site. (That one I don't remember.) Those are all of the games OSU has played Georgia (7-1 all time), and all against Dave Perno. Yeah, he knows Oregon State. :p

Maybe we should get Mike Fox to do color for the next Civil War series. Big Grin
0 permalink
4/28/2014 10:41:56 AM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Florida Beaver wrote:

BeaverBob wrote:

Well, I would think we would pick it up and finish strong. I think we will win 40 this year. Not too many top 10 teams left on the schedule. I think the beavers have more tradition when it comes to the civil war. I would go out on a limb and say there are a lot of players that have wanted to play for the beavs along time, and comes with that a culture of beating the ducks. You guys have been most successful in baseball in doing that, so the pressure is huge for the beavs baseball team to get that job done. The ducks have proven that they can win, and win a bunch of games, but tend to falter when the goods are on the line. The washington series tweaks me more than the beavs.
0 permalink
pages: 1.. 3 4 5 6 | show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » CIVIL WAR 2014