Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » CIVIL WAR 2014

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
pages: 1 2 3 4 .. 6 | show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
4/27/2014 12:17:16 AM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Games not over DM.. But probably.
0 permalink
4/27/2014 12:40:03 AM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
And tomorrow? Coach Hodor and the Ducks face a Song of Fry and Ice--the Oregon State battery.

Winter is Coming, Eugene!
0 permalink
4/27/2014 12:40:50 AM

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
I'm actually near you DM, I'm in Tucson this weekend.

I've been streaming both games, but I've been with my wife, thus the lack of posts.

Always nice to pick up a series win, even better to get it against the Ducks. I hope we keep our momentum going, our RPI is taking off.

Dodger Matt wrote:
Where are all the Beaver fans? Is everyone at the game?
0 permalink
4/27/2014 1:38:22 AM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
Was watching the game. Not enough time to run to the computer every 1/2 inning. WOW. I was a little worried there, but when they pulled their starter, Oregon was done as a christmas goose. Way to go Beavs.

OpihiMan wrote:

I've been streaming both games, but I've been with my wife, thus the lack of posts.

Always nice to pick up a series win, even better to get it against the Ducks. I hope we keep our momentum going, our RPI is taking off.

Dodger Matt wrote:
0 permalink
4/27/2014 1:44:37 AM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
As much as an accomplishment Wetzler's 31 wins is, it took nearly 4 years to get those 31 wins. Dallas Buck got 28 wins in in 3 years with the Beavs. Had he not gone pro, Wetzler may have had to win 35 or 36 to beat Dallas.

Dodger Matt wrote:
Aaron Fitt's article about Benny's win yesterday. Fitt was in the press box with Mike Parker for the third inning.
0 permalink
4/27/2014 3:19:29 AM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
OpihiMan wrote:

Just visiting? Or business? You driving up this way?

Florida Beaver wrote:
As much as an accomplishment Wetzler's 31 wins is, it took nearly 4 years to get those 31 wins. Dallas Buck got 28 wins in in 3 years with the Beavs. Had he not gone pro, Wetzler may have had to win 35 or 36 to beat Dallas.

True. Probably better to look at how many starts it took to get there. I believe Ken Noble, the former record holder, played four years. And yet, they don't have separate total records for hits, runs, RBIs, etc. for guys who played three years versus four. It's just total. So Conforto is getting up there in hits and ribbies (someone else on this current team too...can't remember the stat), but I am not sure he'll crack the top five before going pro.
0 permalink
4/27/2014 11:48:50 AM

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
Just visiting. I'm heading back tomorrow...not really spending any time in Phoenix though.
0 permalink
4/27/2014 12:57:25 PM

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
Beavs are shooting up RPI, up to 16. Good news for ducks is despite dropping 2 to the Beavs they are still 24.
0 permalink
4/27/2014 1:15:29 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
And a ISR of #2

OpihiMan wrote:
Beavs are shooting up RPI, up to 16. Good news for ducks is despite dropping 2 to the Beavs they are still 24.
0 permalink
4/27/2014 1:19:13 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
OM, can't you multi-task?

doggy style

OpihiMan wrote:

Dodger Matt wrote:
0 permalink
4/27/2014 1:26:51 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
I enjoyed a nice day in Corvallis starting with a round of golf at Corvallis Country Club, a little tailgating, and a good ballgame. However, I don't think I have ever been so wet. It rained on our golf game and then pretty much non stop at the game.

I saw the attendance at the game was 3,300. I guess it was one of the top ten attendance records of all time at Goss. It sure didn't seem like that many, looked like about 2,000 to me. Lots of empty seats.

I decided to stay home today and catch the game on TV. Just tired of driving and getting wet. I hate it when ESPN shows the games as my Internet provider won't allow me to stream ESPN games.

Dodger Matt wrote:

edited by BeaverBob on 4/27/2014
0 permalink
4/27/2014 3:19:44 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Conforto goes yard opposite field on the first pitch he sees. The sweep is on.
0 permalink
4/27/2014 3:32:56 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Fry is looking sharp today. It'll be a long day for the Ducks.

Not a fan of the Duck unis except for their traditional home whites. Today's are just as barfy as the other two we've seen this weekend. That said, I do like seeing Donald on the left sleeve. I wish the Beavers--at least baseball...what the other sports do, I don't give a duck's ass--would use the old sailor Benny Beaver on a throwback uniform. I'd love to see a large Benny over the heart, like the Yankees do with that NY.
0 permalink
4/27/2014 3:48:23 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
I think today's game is the most fun already. Beavers up 4-0, bases loaded, starting pitcher is toast. Yep. Good day.
0 permalink
4/27/2014 4:35:47 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
BeaverBob wrote:
I decided to stay home today and catch the game on TV. Just tired of driving and getting wet. I hate it when ESPN shows the games as my Internet provider won't allow me to stream ESPN games.

Looks like you picked the wrong day to stay home. Looks sunny and nice today.

You can't get the video stream of the game?
0 permalink
4/27/2014 4:39:23 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
BTW, the ESPN color guy is FAR FAR better than the Pac-12 guys they have used for the Beaver games I've seen online so far this year. He sounds like he's from the South, but he knows the Beaver players, mentioned Keyes's hitting abilities and the fact that he played at OSU as a high school senior, and has not once mentioned anything about the players' hair or his time at Miami and how this would have been a 10-9 game in after two innings, blah-blah-blah about nothing related to the Ducks or Beavers or college baseball in the last ten years.
0 permalink
4/27/2014 4:39:52 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Oh, spoke too soon. Sunny...and rainy.
0 permalink
4/27/2014 4:41:17 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
DM, I got some help from OM with the stream and also just found out that DISH Network which I have, now supports ESPN.

Yep, looks sunny and bright down in Corn Valley today.

Dodger Matt wrote:
BeaverBob wrote:

Looks like you picked the wrong day to stay home. Looks sunny and nice today.

You can't get the video stream of the game?
0 permalink
4/27/2014 4:43:27 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
DM, I can't agree more. I've seen the color guy's name in one of the baseball boards as a contributor- not sure which one.

Dodger Matt wrote:
BTW, the ESPN color guy is FAR FAR better than the Pac-12 guys they have used for the Beaver games I've seen online so far this year. He sounds like he's from the South, but he knows the Beaver players, mentioned Keyes's hitting abilities and the fact that he played at OSU as a high school senior, and has not once mentioned anything about the players' hair or his time at Miami and how this would have been a 10-9 game in after two innings, blah-blah-blah about nothing related to the Ducks or Beavers or college baseball in the last ten years.
0 permalink
4/27/2014 4:46:34 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Unearned run. Don't know how King failed to catch that throw.
Five more weeks in recovery. At least he'll be back for postseason play.
0 permalink
pages: 1 2 3 4 .. 6 | show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » CIVIL WAR 2014