Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » National Seed for Ducks or Beavs

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
4/19/2014 12:09:09 AM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Just looking at the needs report and it looks like the beavs can really only lose one more on the road, and one at home the rest of the year. Oregon can only lose like one game..
0 permalink
4/19/2014 12:10:56 AM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Looks like only washington, oregon, or oregon state can do it.
0 permalink
4/20/2014 3:09:21 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
After next week it'll probably be only Oregon State and Washington, and after May 18, probably only Oregon State. But Hucks and Duskies can shoot for being regional hosts.
0 permalink
4/20/2014 4:15:32 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Ducks are due for some damage at Goss. I am thinking this might be the year. And then after getting embarrassed at home, the beavs will sweep the huskies, and the ducks will have the advantage because they won the series from the beavs..
0 permalink
4/20/2014 5:05:49 PM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
Riverduck wrote:
Ducks are due for some damage at Goss. I am thinking this might be the year. And then after getting embarrassed at home, the beavs will sweep the huskies, and the ducks will have the advantage because they won the series from the beavs..

Uh-huh. Pardon me if I don't hold my breath waiting for this.
0 permalink
4/20/2014 6:02:12 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
I'm not sure which area of the Country is more delusional, the Bay Area or the Republic of Eugene. RD, perhaps Obama should should step in with an Executive Order and give the poor Ducks a National Seed regardless of how they finish.

Florida Beaver wrote:
Riverduck wrote:

Uh-huh. Pardon me if I don't hold my breath waiting for this.
+1 permalink
4/20/2014 7:03:05 PM

MiamiBaseball
MiamiBaseball
Washington - they already have the tough part of the schedule behind them. The only thing left that will help the RPI is Oregon State. Way too many 100's and 200's left on that schedule. I think they struggle to get to top 16, much less get to top 8.

Oregon State - exactly the opposite. They have the meat of their schedule in front of them. If they maintain .700 baseball, they will make a dramatic RPI jump.

Oregon - Pretty decent upcoming schedule, but toughest series are on the road. I see them finishing third at best, ending any talk of a national seed.

In my humble opinion, Oregon State is the only one with a real shot at a national seed.
+2 permalink
4/20/2014 9:03:57 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Not sure any team from the PAC will get a national seed. Based on the needs report at Boyd's, oregon could get one if they complete a 27 game win streak.. Which will not happen. OSU has to win almost all their games, and all Washington has to win is the rest of their series. Civil war will be the best series of the year, unless they win the series then Washington will be the decider. I just don't see the Beavs able to win two series in a row versus WA or Or
0 permalink
4/21/2014 1:14:22 AM

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
Boyds RPI needs is extremely fluid. It changes with the fluctuation of the RPI. Beavs had no chance at top 16, 3 weeks ago according to it...I wouldn't pay too much attention to it for another week or so
0 permalink
4/21/2014 1:49:43 AM

MiamiBaseball
MiamiBaseball
OpihiMan wrote:
Boyds RPI needs is extremely fluid. It changes with the fluctuation of the RPI. Beavs had no chance at top 16, 3 weeks ago according to it...I wouldn't pay too much attention to it for another week or so

Truth. It's basically worthless until there are only about ten games left.
0 permalink
4/21/2014 9:33:04 AM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Yeah, surprised it was even up. Looks like TCU went to 18 fast.
0 permalink
4/21/2014 5:46:23 PM

borgguy
borgguy
Just have to keep winning your games, take care of business and the rest will fall into place, either for the Fuskies, or for the beavers

--
GO BEAVS!
0 permalink
4/27/2014 6:34:20 PM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
Oregon State just made a statement for national seeding. Started off the weekend at, what 23?, and were up to 16 this morning. I'd say they may climb up to 12 or or 13 after today's sweep.
0 permalink
4/27/2014 6:46:19 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
I can't agree more FB. Unless the Beavs just have a meltown, I they they are a lock as a Regional Host and real close as a Super Regional Host. I'm already looking forward to ordering post season tickets. Unfortunately, I'll be out of town and down in St George for a golf trip, so won't be able to catch the Supers, but will catch all Regional games.

Florida Beaver wrote:
Oregon State just made a statement for national seeding. Started off the weekend at, what 23?, and were up to 16 this morning. I'd say they may climb up to 12 or or 13 after today's sweep.
0 permalink
4/27/2014 7:51:02 PM

MiamiBaseball
MiamiBaseball
Good sweep, Beavs. And like I said earlier in this thread, OSU was the one with real national seed hopes. Warren Nolan's site has them up to #10. The next two series won't do the RPI any favors, but finishing on top of the Pac-12 locks it up, IMO.
0 permalink
4/27/2014 7:58:15 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
MB, how are your Canes looking regarding post season? I'm assuming you are living in the Florida area. What are your thoughts on the Florida teams. Which has the best chance to head to the CWS.

MiamiBaseball wrote:
Good sweep, Beavs. And like I said earlier in this thread, OSU was the one with real national seed hopes. Warren Nolan's site has them up to #10. The next two series won't do the RPI any favors, but finishing on top of the Pac-12 locks it up, IMO.
0 permalink
4/27/2014 7:59:50 PM

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
MB...Your canes are on fire...If they weren't a little up and down before april they'd be a lock for a national seed right now. It's too bad they couldn't steal 1 more against UVa or FSU, the Florida series win was nice (especially for you guys since it was florida) but a series win against one of those two would've made a huge difference and vaulted Miami. This Clemson series won is a nice statement though, especially on the road.
0 permalink
4/27/2014 8:00:38 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
And Cal Poly just lot their second straight to the Dirtbags.

Oregon: No way to reach the threshold, as I predicted. UW also, a little sooner than I thought.

Oregon

Remaining: 9 home, 8 road, 0 neutral
Current RPI: 24
ROWP: 0.504

Top 45:

1 home wins, 8 road wins
2 home wins, 6 road wins
3 home wins, 5 road wins
4 home wins, 4 road wins
5 home wins, 3 road wins
6 home wins, 2 road wins
7 home wins, 1 road wins
8 home wins, 0 road wins

Top 32:

4 home wins, 8 road wins
5 home wins, 6 road wins
6 home wins, 5 road wins
7 home wins, 4 road wins
8 home wins, 3 road wins
9 home wins, 1 road wins

Top 16:

8 home wins, 8 road wins
9 home wins, 7 road wins

Top 8:

No way to reach the threshold.

Washington

Remaining: 11 home, 6 road, 0 neutral
Current RPI: 22
ROWP: 0.518

Top 45:

4 home wins, 5 road wins
5 home wins, 4 road wins
6 home wins, 3 road wins
7 home wins, 2 road wins
8 home wins, 1 road wins
9 home wins, 0 road wins

Top 32:

6 home wins, 6 road wins
7 home wins, 5 road wins
8 home wins, 4 road wins
9 home wins, 2 road wins
10 home wins, 1 road wins
11 home wins, 0 road wins

Top 16:

10 home wins, 6 road wins
11 home wins, 5 road wins

Top 8:

No way to reach the threshold.
0 permalink
4/27/2014 8:08:49 PM

MiamiBaseball
MiamiBaseball
BeaverBob wrote:
MB, how are your Canes looking regarding post season? I'm assuming you are living in the Florida area. What are your thoughts on the Florida teams. Which has the best chance to head to the CWS.

I think the Clemson sweep just put us in as a lock to host (for now!). Like someone else said, we are on fire, winning 19 out of 20. Some really ugly losses before the streak are holding us back from a national seed.

Florida State will probably be a national seed. Florida has a very strong RPI and leads the SEC, so they probably are a national seed too. I love our pitching, so I think that will always give us hope. Florida State will find a way to blow it no matter how good they are.
0 permalink
4/27/2014 8:11:10 PM

MiamiBaseball
MiamiBaseball
OpihiMan wrote:
MB...Your canes are on fire...If they weren't a little up and down before april they'd be a lock for a national seed right now. It's too bad they couldn't steal 1 more against UVa or FSU, the Florida series win was nice (especially for you guys since it was florida) but a series win against one of those two would've made a huge difference and vaulted Miami. This Clemson series won is a nice statement though, especially on the road.

Spot on. How the &%&* do you lose to Maine, Bethune Cookman, and Stetson. Unbelievable. The heat has really been on Jim Morris, so he has saved himself with this run.
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » National Seed for Ducks or Beavs