Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Oregon State vs Arizona

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
pages: 1 2 | show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
3/29/2014 9:08:02 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
With the talent the Beavers have in the bullpen - Englebreckt, Jackson, Shultz, Thompson - no team should ever get 17 hits against them.
0 permalink
3/29/2014 10:01:17 PM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
This is the second weekend in a row that Moore gave up waaaaaaaaaaaaaay to many hits. Time to bring Schultz in as Saturday's starter?
0 permalink
3/30/2014 2:50:11 AM

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
Agree...but Yeskie is too arrogant to ever mix up HIS rotation.
0 permalink
3/30/2014 2:59:42 AM

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
At some point, despite his awful decisions, Nate Yeskie is going to have a hard time recruiting kids with the blatant verbal abuse he gives players on the field. He is such a douchebag, I hope some school is stupid enough to take him and his undeserved pitching coach of the year award.
0 permalink
3/30/2014 3:19:57 AM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
I didn't get to watch today's game. Was he out at the mound yelling at the pitchers again?
0 permalink
3/30/2014 11:50:04 AM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
FB, yes, Yeskie was out yelling at Moore and Ice. I'm not sure what beef he had with Ice. While I tend to be old school and think players are pampered too much, I think public displays of yelling at players is never appropriate. Why not spend the time coaching Moore to help him keep his pitches down in the strike zone?
0 permalink
3/30/2014 12:00:05 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Who is this color announcer for the game? What an Arizona homer. Normally, I like to get a flavor for what the TV crew is saying to supplement Mike Parker. However, this guy was just too much, especially when he got on his rant about the size of college baseball rosters and how they should be reduced.
0 permalink
3/30/2014 2:55:09 PM

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
Yeah the announcers are awful. Nice to see the Beavs start the game hot. Jace is looking good too. I do think Moore needs to be moved to Sunday or midweek until he finds his stuff again.
0 permalink
3/30/2014 5:05:33 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
WOW, the Beavs look like the team we saw on Friday. Hopefully, Moore can regain his form from last year against Stanford next week.
0 permalink
3/31/2014 1:57:49 AM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
After winning Freshman of the year last year, Moore reminds me a WHOLE lot of Jorge Reyes. Reyes was like super hot in the 2007 year, garnering the most outstanding player in Omaha. Then in 2008? He went to crap. Although he didn't lose his starting spot (he should have) he went 4-3, pitching only 67 innings all year, as opposed to, say Fry, who is 5-1 and has pitched 54 inning a little over 1/2 the way through the season. Shultz has looked way better this year as a started before Wetzler came off suspension than Moore has looked in conference play. I say make Moore the mid-week guy and put Scott Schultz in on Saturdays. At least give us the appearance of having an across the board good weekend rotation.
0 permalink
3/31/2014 1:59:03 AM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
OpihiMan wrote:
At some point, despite his awful decisions, Nate Yeskie is going to have a hard time recruiting kids with the blatant verbal abuse he gives players on the field. He is such a douchebag, I hope some school is stupid enough to take him and his undeserved pitching coach of the year award.

Maybe if he laid off the booze........jus sayin
0 permalink
3/31/2014 3:16:48 AM

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
Lol FB....Too soon?
0 permalink
3/31/2014 3:31:10 AM

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
Wetzler is Friday starter period.

Then I'd move fry to saturday.

Let moore find himself against the other teams weakest weekend starter. We should put up enough runs for Moore to gain back his confidence.

If not move Schultz or even (it hurts to say it) Reser who has really been throwing some filthy stuff (Just don't know if he has 7 full in him?) Into the sunday position.

I don't think Moore is "broke" but something has to change because we can't go 2-1 or 1-2 every series and expect the end of season results these guy want.

Heck at this point I think Sunday should be open to a pitch by committee with short leashes, drop moore in and the second he looks iffy or everyone is cranking him, pull him and throw in schultz....same thing then throw in reser....should get you close to 9 innings.
0 permalink
3/31/2014 9:24:11 AM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Yeah, I understand your pain. Heck, ever since he was sweating up on that hill in the CWS.. something went away that day. I think it is easier to do the unknown, then to reapeat what you did, which would not be better.. just the same. Lots of pressure. Jake Reed had a similiar path. He was money, then his sophmore season was not so good. Scott Mcgough also comes to mind.
0 permalink
pages: 1 2 | show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Oregon State vs Arizona